Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > General Discussion

Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

Old 04-05-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
HunterVillageFan
Elpy

HunterVillageFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Duelist questions!

Hello all! I am new to the forum but a decent Lineage 2 player.
Recently got bored of grinding and started to check out the official forum of L2 and animated by the need to have some questions answered.
I must say i am a bit disappointed about the amount of information regarding class guides or anything regarding this subject for that matter...
I don't know if its the fact that all the good techniques are best kept for yourself, the lack of sharing will, or simply the commodity factor but as much as i browsed i did not find a decent guide on the forum.
I am writing here since the "Players guide" section is simply useless in terms of "views" and in amount of information provided there.
I am a "weekend" Dota player and the guides for the characters there are impressive, so you can imagine my frustration that i come here in hopes of something similar and i find 0 information on a thousand times more interesting, fun and complicated game.
I played light along the Lineage 2 lifespan ( 1 month in beta test, 2 months in c4 i guess and started 2 and half months ago again in Gracia the 2nd Throne).
This time i am determined to do a decent job, but for that i need some information wich seems to be hard to find (most of it cause o pure lack of will to share from the veteran players, even the retired ones).
As you probably figured it out my main is a Gladiator soon to become a Duelist (or at least the level necessary for the class change).
This time i did a decent research about the characters before i rolled (the grind factor is not a fun part of the game for me so i needed to be sure of what i will play). Watched some videos on You Tube,searched some fan sites from the section existing on the forum.
Aside from the fact that it is a most exciting and fun class to play, nothing else was presented about it.
I am mainly a pvp inclined player. Lineage 2 has one of the most well designed pvp mechanic from any game on every level of it (1v1 aswell as mass) . Grinding its only a means to an end for me (i find myself rather frustrated by this factor but hey:no pain no gain).
What am i looking for, well here it is:
1.His role in:sieges,mass pvp,pve parties, Raid or ultimate bosses fights.
2.Equipment build up ( mainly interested in end game build up like:elements on armor, weapon enhancements, how can you build a Rare Tal*Dle Destruction,wich one of the swords must be rare, i don't mention here the dye build up cause by now i am pretty sure that the +5str/-5 con and +4 wit/-4 int is the only one for pvp).
3.What is the main element the Duelist skills are based on? Fire, Earth,Wind....
4.Skill enchantements (like you go for power,recycle,etc).
5.Of enourmous importance:Olympiad setup, playstyle, what you should do and what not, what is a minimum requirement in gear wise for even atempting to win some points, how can you counter best a full boss jewels chars, etc.
6.1on1 class pvp detail (Example:a Duelist versus a Titan ****** off, frenzyed, with a bow in his hand and a will to use it ), basicly an explanation on fighting every class (powers vs every one and weaknesses vs every one of them).
And so on, if i missed something please do add it in case of a decent response.
Watching the videos (as a sidenote there isn't a single decent retail Olympiad match on the net) i noticed the frustrating amount of crappy class understanding. Pretty much every gladiator (barely decent ones) does the following: Sonic Rage,Sonic Rage, Sonic Rage and ocasionally a TSS and a Sonic Blaster. I mean omg the only time i saw a Hammer Crush being used was on a noob (or at least thats what it apeared to me) who didn't even enchanted it for more efectivness. Last time i checked the Hammer Crush was the same as the Dwarf's and Titan's Hammer Crush. Why not use it? Is it that bad to have Crazy Duelist poping a Hammer Crush that lands and spam Tss,Triple slash and a Fatal Strike before the effect wears off?
Or is too hard to write some equipment macro Exchange?...
The only decent Duelist movies that i saw were DaniDefo's and even that had numerous critics (e-bay equimpent acusation, and bull**** like that). personally i enjoyed the movie, as it was, a nice movie nothing more.
I am pretty sure that the forum is full of ******s, and guys who don't have anything decent to say but feel somehow important in writting stupid stuff so i am asking for the real players and real veteran ones that played a Duelist if they can give me some pointers, ideeas, guides, sites of refference, anything ( being under the form of private message or public here on the forum).
Thanks alot in advance and keep playng this game, its **** fun
HunterVillageFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:38 AM   #2
Leonidar
Antharas

Leonidar has a spectacular aura about themLeonidar has a spectacular aura about themLeonidar has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: Duelist questions!

Tell you one thing that completly passed through my net, it is that the damage out put on your skills like TSS and DSS will be greater the more sonic charges you have built up.

Meaning doing TSS with 7 charges loaded will do more damage then you have 5 charges loaded and do TSS.
Leonidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:07 AM   #3
Romanec
Imperial Warlord

Romanec will become famous soon enough

Well... nice to read you like the game. You've chosen a pretty simple class so your role will only be one: hitting stuff. You probably know this because you have playing your way to reach to a duelist, so honestly I only a really high level duelist can give you advice on how to play your char more efficiently. I suggest you make friends with other duelists ^^
Romanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:20 AM   #4
HunterVillageFan
Elpy

HunterVillageFan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanec View Post
Well... nice to read you like the game. You've chosen a pretty simple class so your role will only be one: hitting stuff. You probably know this because you have playing your way to reach to a duelist, so honestly I only a really high level duelist can give you advice on how to play your char more efficiently. I suggest you make friends with other duelists ^^
Unfortunately for me the really pro duelist have evolved somehow in some kind of a cast, its like considered tabu to share "the secrets" . Or maybe they simply fear you will beat them and take theyr title so hardly gained through Clan farming points lmao. The big ones like DaniDefo, Aurelija or Gizarth (i am mentioning these cause i am on Teon and each of them held or is curently holding a Hero title), they think themselves so important or lack the social skills in such way that they simply ignore you. Wich is strange considering that this is after all only a game and for once in your life you should be anything alese than what you are in real life, the game permits you that (i mean not be: a mean, small and pityfull man like most people are in RL)...
Thanks for the info on Charges Leonidar! Really helped me and i did some testing to see the diference. Although the charges required for a skil are the only ones used, the higher your sonic force is charged the more dmg you do. Wich cause you to automaticly try a TSS first then a Sonic Blaster afterwards (a bit stupid but still can't hurt to hope ffor that TSS crit)!
HunterVillageFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
GoldMedal
Hungry Spirit

GoldMedal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Unfortunately for me the really pro duelist have evolved somehow in some kind of a cast, its like considered tabu to share "the secrets" . Or maybe they simply fear you will beat them and take theyr title so hardly gained through Clan farming points lmao.
you will soon find out why duelist keep their secret.... it is an oath taken by all duelist when they embark on Saga of the Duelist.... lol

do the quest.. u'll see
GoldMedal is offline   Reply With Quote