Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Dev Corner

Login

Dev Corner Questions and answers from the people behind the scenes of Lineage II. Only mods can start threads in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
Lyzira
Retired Community Manager

Lyzira will become famous soon enoughLyzira will become famous soon enough
Default Lyzira Q&A - Answers!

Hello again!

Thank you everyone for all of your questions! It really is great to see so many enthusiastic and passionate players. I've addressed as many of your questions as I could and don't forget that you should feel free to contact me at any time with your questions or concerns. I'm just a PM away

Thanks again to all of you who submitted questions!

When a new update is on the horizon, will this website offer up the translations of what is being considered for live play? At the moment, we are getting this information from other players who can translate the Korean on other websites. It would be nice to have it here, as well, updated as the new skills/options are made and altered.

When an update comes out in another territory, our players may quickly translate the update information for their friends. Our updates are not always identical to the updates that occur in other territories. For this reason, we do not post our patch notes on the same day as other territories’ updates go live, and we encourage our players to look to us for the most up-to-date information that applies to the NCsoft West live service. Information about our updates comes out as quickly as possible. We are aware, though, that some players may have an idea of what is coming before it reaches our servers. This is just the nature of being a global game in a society with access to instant-information via the internet.

If you could have the ability to use any skill from the game in real life, what would it be and why?

Summon Merrow the Unicorn, of course! Who wouldn’t want to summon a unicorn IRL? I also love the pretty blue color of Merrow, so I would choose him over the other unicorns.

Do you read all the posts on the forum or just some? What do you feel when you read them? Do you have favorite\unloved posters yet? Could you name them?

I read all of the posts on the forum. It sometimes takes me awhile to read them all if it is a particularly busy week, but I believe that everything our players have to say is important. I am always happy when I read posts from players who are debating the game or talking about their classes because I love seeing people who are passionate about Lineage II. It does make me sad to see posters who are upset about something in the game because I want to do everything in my power to resolve the issue, which isn’t always possible. I definitely do not love seeing posts from adena sellers, so I make sure that they are banned as quickly as possible!

Can you describe what you guys are doing every day work wise?

Since each position is different, I’ll describe what I do on a day-to-day basis. When I get to the office in the morning, the first thing I do is start wading through emails that I received over the night. After that, I try to jump right in to the forums and catch up on everything there. After addressing any major issues that might have appeared, I dive into the rest of my day. My workday changes every single day. Sometimes I have to go to or lead meetings or plan events. I receive emails, private messages, and support tickets from players that I need to read and reply to. I also address fansite requests and work on updating the website. Things can quickly change on the fly around here, so I have to be ready to address any issue that might appear.

What kind of ideas or plans do you have to improve the forums and/or website? Do you have any long-term or short-term goals on this front?

In the short term, I want to work to eliminate bugs within the forums and correct outdated information that might exist on the website. After these and other existing issues have been resolved, I work on improving both the website and the forums by enhancing the functionality and appeal of the forums and adding content to the website. I would love to hear suggestions from players about both of these things, so if you haven’t already, please stop by the Site Forum Issues section of the forums and post a message about what you’d like to see or pages you’d like us to improve.

Do you have any plans for x2 experience rate weekends to make the game more casual for players?

We have heard your feedback on events, and we know that players would like to see increased experience and vitality events in the future. I think that you’ll like the events we have planned, even if they aren’t simply “double experience” events.

How long have you been involved in the gaming industry?

I have been involved in the gaming industry for a few years. Most of that time, I have worked at NCsoft. Prior to working in the gaming industry, I was simply an enthusiastic MMO player and worked on fansites for the games that I loved.

Why the name Lyzira? Where’d it come from?

I was watching Planet of the Apes one day, which has a character named “Zira” who is an outspoken scientist. I liked the sound of the name, but since this name was too short and clearly had been used by dozens of people prior to me, I decided to add a couple more letters until I found a combination that didn’t produce many Google search results. At that point, I knew I had a unique name.

What do you think about forum trolling?

Quite simply, it is against the forum rules! Trolling is counterproductive and doesn’t make the forums a very nice place to be.

When are the GMs going to patrol a few areas (30 minutes, 1 hour/day) and ban all the bot trains they see? At the moment, GMs seem to wait for us to report, then we get the standard reply that they need definite proof!

Lineage II is a very large game, and we have quite a few servers, so we are currently working to add more patrols to all servers. While we do patrol the servers as much as we can, player reports are very effective and helpful when it comes to the elimination of bad users from our game. This does not mean that we only wait for reports to come in as we are always proactively working to keep these bad users out of the game. Please report suspicious activity to our support team right away.

What’s your opinion on bots that don’t get punished even if we petition or send a bot report?

Sometimes investigations can take some time, but these users do not escape punishment for long and they will eventually be taken care of. My opinion is simply that they have not been banned yet and it is only a matter of time.

Do you have any plans for improving the vitality system to lvl 8 (500%) or lvl 10 (600%), as a way to make the grinding easier for real players?

Vitality is a great addition to the game, and one that we know players enjoy. There are changes coming to the vitality system in our upcoming update to look forward to and we will be keeping vitality in mind while planning future events and contests. We always appreciate your feedback!

Why isn’t the “report a bot” button working as well as the user base had hoped? Is there a behind-the-scenes problem or something else going on that is keeping this functionality from being fully utilized?

I realize that players might have had a certain expectation about the bot button and the way that it would work. Players might get frustrated that they don’t see immediate results when they push the button. However, the button has had a positive effect on the game. Reporting a bot with the button is a very effective step toward removing a bot from the game. Please use it on bots when you see them as the results from use of the button are very helpful. If the way that the button works needs be updated, we will update it, but such updates will happen behind the scenes.

As we found out, you have been CM for Lineage. Do you feel we are the same type of crowd?

The two communities have some commonalities and include some similar personalities, but you are definitely not the same. All communities are a little bit different, and each one wants different things out of a game.

What do you think of this community of constant complainers and constant doomsayers?

I like this community, and I hope the people in it are growing to like me, too. Some people are generally less happy than others, but it is my hope that we can work on changing that. I know that in any community, some people will only make posts when they have a complaint. However, complaints are often constructive feedback that can make forums, the community, and the game better. Posters who complain have their hearts in the right place. Their posts show that they are passionate about the game that they play.

Do you think that the bot report button is an effective tool for players to use?

I absolutely do. I know from firsthand experience working with the GMs that the bot report button is an effective and useful tool. Please continue to use it. Even though you might not get an immediate result, it is definitely doing its job.

What are the hours for developers and staff at NCsoft West? Do you have a 2nd or 3rd shift?

Each position is different and has different hours. Some support teams are available 24 hours a day, and some folks are tasked to watch the servers around the clock, seven days a week. We also have many positions that work during the regular business hours of 9 – 6 in their time zone.

In your opinion, who is the most useful poster : Bel, Spudnik, or SneezingTiger?

They're all great posters! SneezingTiger does have the cutest avatar though with the rawr-ing kitty!

Why is the website so slowly updated? The community has screamed about this and by the time it was updated, it was already outdated (i.e., skills were never corectly updated). The website is a game’s front window. Providing outdated information is not the best advertisement.

Getting the skills updated is something that we are working on. We know that the current skill listing is out of date, and we have plans to get the list updated. However, we don’t want to update the skills again only to have the listing become quickly outdated by the next expansion. We are working toward a solution that will allow us to make future updates in a timely manner. I will inform the community when we have made this next update.

Are we going to get more vitality-replenishing events? ^^ (mmm...love the lollipops.)

Yes!

Why are some of the Korean events and services not reproduced over here? The code exists already.

Our game is not identical to Lineage II in Korea. Sometimes, we have events that they have not had, and sometimes they have events that we have not had. Simply having the code for a given service, event, or item does not mean that service, event, or item is compatible with our version of the game. We may be saving these things for later, making changes to them for our servers, or still be considering whether we want to use them or not.

What about fansite relationships? What do you, as CM team, think about all contests and events we all (as fansites) plan to provide fun around the Lineage II universe?

I absolutely support fansites and will offer my assistance and support as I can for Lineage II fansites. If you have exciting news or a contest coming up, please be sure to post it in our Fan Site News forum. If you aren’t already listed on our web page, please visit this page to submit your fansite to us. Some of the folks who run our fansites have introduced themselves to me already, while I have yet to meet others. Don’t be shy! Say hello to me in a Private Message sometime.

Is it?
Dwarf Fighter ---> Scavenger ----> Bounty Hunter
Human Fighter--->Rogue---------> Treasure Hunter
Or is was it supposed to be?
Dwarf Fighter ----> Scavenger----> Treasure Hunter
Human Fighter ---->Rogue---------> Bounty Hunter
It just seems like that was one of those tiny bits that we’ve misplaced all these years that needs to be corrected.

In our game, it is the first. While I’ve seen discussion on the boards of why people feel that it should be one way or the other, renaming classes would likely cause more harm than good due to confusion. I think it is safe to say that both of these classes are interested in valuables.

Why is it that during some hours it is cheaper to port with Gatekeepers than other times? Any particular reason? Seems a bit unfair in my opinion, due to the fact that there is a lot of European/World players on U.S. servers that do not benefit from it because it’s in the middle of the night for us.

The Gatekeepers offer discounts during the night when their business is the slowest. I’m afraid isn’t possible for us to find a time that fits with the schedule of every player. While we understand that players from the U.S. sometimes play on the servers in the E.U and vice versa, they may not experience the most optimal play experience as a result. Gatekeeper discounts are not meant to be available to all players 24 hours a day—or they wouldn’t be considered discounts.

Why does it seem that the first line of in-game support personnel has no clue about anything concerning the game? What I mean is that four out of five times you get a automated message saying, “Please consult the L2 community websites and NCsoft support forums for your answer.”

While you might not have had your question answered by following the suggestions from the initial automatic response, many players do find those suggestions helpful. Much of the information that players ask about is available on our website, in our support knowledge base, or on the forums. Sometimes new players or even long-time players may not be aware that the answers they seek are already available. In order to assist as many customers as possible as rapidly as we can, we have these quick responses available for a player to consider while she or he waits for the next available GM to respond to a question. If your question is still not answered by support (and it is an answer that we are able to provide), try rephrasing the question and asking again, as it is possible that your question was not completely understood. As always, you can contact me via private message with a ticket number if you have had difficulty with the support process or are “stuck” on an issue.

Why is there not any information about what’s going to be changed over the maintenance on Tuesdays on the webpage? And why does it often take until after the maintenance to read about that there is going to be maintenance today either in the Lineage II forum—News & Announcements or on the webpage News—Server maintenance—Current status?

Some weeks, such as this week, we don’t make any changes to the game. When we haven’t made any changes in a given week, we won’t have anything to post. All servers still need to come down every week for regular maintenance, which includes things like implementing paid account services and special item distribution. Other times, we may update something internal, which we would not divulge. Regular maintenance always happens at the same time every week, and we do our best to give you as much advance notice about unplanned maintenance as possible.

Is there someone in the developer team that is working on the issue with the interface resetting itself every time you restart your client and not saving the in-game window positions?

We have this issue documented and reported to the appropriate teams. As soon as we have an update to this issue, I will let you know.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:08 PM   #2
Armenua
Beleth's Slave

Armenua has a spectacular aura about themArmenua has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: Lyzira Q&A - Answers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzira View Post
When a new update is on the horizon, will this website offer up the translations of what is being considered for live play? At the moment, we are getting this information from other players who can translate the Korean on other websites. It would be nice to have it here, as well, updated as the new skills/options are made and altered.

We encourage our players to look to us for the most up-to-date information that applies to the NCsoft West live service. Information about our updates comes out as quickly as possible. We are aware, though, that some players may have an idea of what is coming before it reaches our servers. This is just the nature of being a global game in a society with access to instant-information via the internet.
Well, I guess this is the answer to my question... but the underlined part, how can you say that, when these "up-to-date information" is rarely posted until after the server has been updated and sometimes never?

All I was suggesting is that you give a tentative translation, with all the disclaimers u need, so that the new changes can be prepared for and discussed until they are actually ingame.

Everyone knows that what goes on in Korea, etc, always has a chance to be changed before it comes to us. We are realistic in that. The final changes are the final changes.

It would be great if it were true that the NCSoft site was really the place to go for information. As it is right now, it is the LAST place anyone will go if they want answers. And that is just sad to me.

<3

Last edited by Armenua; 08-14-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
Leonidar
Antharas

Leonidar has a spectacular aura about themLeonidar has a spectacular aura about themLeonidar has a spectacular aura about them

yea the update part made me laugh abit to
The Q&A was a very nice read and you answered both my questions I am amazed
Old 08-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
Limette
Elpy

Limette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What’s your opinion on bots that don’t get punished even if we petition or send a bot report?

Sometimes investigations can take some time, but these users do not escape punishment for long and they will eventually be taken care of. My opinion is simply that they have not been banned yet and it is only a matter of time.
You forgot to mention that those investigations can take up to 10 years, but thats no reason to be worried. In the end they'll get what they deserve.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
phoenixdown
Remnant Diabolist

phoenixdown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Why does it seem that the first line of in-game support personnel has no clue about anything concerning the game? What I mean is that four out of five times you get a automated message saying, “Please consult the L2 community websites and NCsoft support forums for your answer.”

While you might not have had your question answered by following the suggestions from the initial automatic response, many players do find those suggestions helpful. Much of the information that players ask about is available on our website, in our support knowledge base, or on the forums. Sometimes new players or even long-time players may not be aware that the answers they seek are already available. In order to assist as many customers as possible as rapidly as we can, we have these quick responses available for a player to consider while she or he waits for the next available GM to respond to a question. If your question is still not answered by support (and it is an answer that we are able to provide), try rephrasing the question and asking again, as it is possible that your question was not completely understood. As always, you can contact me via private message with a ticket number if you have had difficulty with the support process or are “stuck” on an issue.
Call me a "doomsayer" or maybe a "truthsayer", but a competent GM should never be "stuck" on an issue, and shouldn't need an issue "rephrased". Maybe NCSoft West should look into who they have hired for GMs, because a lot of them are simply incompetent, have no clue on how game mechanics work, or the work ethic required to attempt to fix an issue.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
Laby
Valakas

Laby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks a lot Lyzira for all this Answer

I'm really sad not to see any pics of your real desktop Is it still possible ? =)
Old 08-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #7
Warfare
Dark Lord

Warfare is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Getting the skills updated is something that we are working on. We know that the current skill listing is out of date, and we have plans to get the list updated. However, we don’t want to update the skills again only to have the listing become quickly outdated by the next expansion. We are working toward a solution that will allow us to make future updates in a timely manner. I will inform the community when we have made this next update.
I really don't get this.
A website such as this needs to be dynamic. The skills / items / classes come from a database. How difficult can it be to make your site look for everything in the database.
Whenever something is updated in the database, the change is immediately reflected on the website ... Seriously, how hard can that be ?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:04 AM   #8
Armenua
Beleth's Slave

Armenua has a spectacular aura about themArmenua has a spectacular aura about them

Well, Lyzira, as did Moxie, gave very few real answers. Most of them were PR rhetoric to avoid answering anything and really communicating with their player base. There are allusions to the concept that you all are doing a great job and we, the public, just can't know about the real information because it is a state secret or something: Not much is being done or plans on being done. Actually I think that is a lack of respect for people that have called for the people who run this game to do their job.

What I would like to ask now in all earnestness is why did you even ASK for the Q&A if this is the way you planned on answering them?

Last edited by Armenua; 08-18-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #9
RumPunch
Remnant Diabolist

RumPunch will become famous soon enoughRumPunch will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixdown View Post
Call me a "doomsayer" or maybe a "truthsayer", but a competent GM should never be "stuck" on an issue, and shouldn't need an issue "rephrased". Maybe NCSoft West should look into who they have hired for GMs, because a lot of them are simply incompetent, have no clue on how game mechanics work, or the work ethic required to attempt to fix an issue.

Some of the writing I see from my students in school is so horrible that it is impossible to understand the writer's thoughts. In fact, I often doubt if the writer clarified their own thoughts sufficiently to understand the thought themselves.

Given this, and the multitude of languages of L2 players, and the lack of writing experience of some of our younger players.....

I expect that some petitions are so poorly expressed that it is humanly impossible to understand what was going through the writer's mind in the game situation, especially if they are upset while they write. I am sure that many petitions honestly need a re-write to be understood. It is not the fault of the 'competent GM' if the writer cannot communicate.

For example, a clannie recently asked this question on clan chat, "waznt box time off? last hit or other open on the quest waz differentlol, right?"

No explanation other than that. So don't blame the GM if they ask for restatements, kk?
Old 08-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #10
Zhanig
Remnant Diabolist

Zhanig will become famous soon enoughZhanig will become famous soon enough

Good answers

But, your website and in specific the skills and armors, etc. are all being pulled out of a database server. Therefore, updates should not be all that labor intensive and if your answer that things change and you don't want to do the work more than once, technically you should not have updated since the origional book came out with the release of the game 5 years ago.

I appreciate there is only so many limited resourses you have to work with and there are other things going on, but on this response, well, I think there are other reasons that what is the face you present to us from NcSoft.

If the dynamic page is written correcly, it should not have to be touched, it should do the SQL request, return the dataset and display the data. The data in the server should be updateable with tools already given to your web folks or your data folks or even the forum folks to key in or import and edit.

Sorry, but we maintain dynamic data sites and because there is a chance for a change is not a good reason, especially since you have 6 months plus or minus between updates to get it done and we are at least 2 updates behind in quite a bit of our information

Sorry,
Oh ty for the Q and A session. I did apprecate alot of your answers.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #11
SmuX
Elpy

SmuX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
I really don't get this.
A website such as this needs to be dynamic. The skills / items / classes come from a database. How difficult can it be to make your site look for everything in the database.
Whenever something is updated in the database, the change is immediately reflected on the website ... Seriously, how hard can that be ?
I don't understand that either, u guys can run an mmo, can fix issues and can't make a dynamic website?, i'm a coder and i understand that for performance matters it has to be in a different databses but nothing that some triggers in linked servers, doesn't matter which database is, doesn't solve, and this triggers would only be triggered once in a while, when the custodial tables ware updated in a case of an update.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #12
Orcanta
Tainted Zombie

Orcanta is an unknown quantity at this point

hello all, am just curious about the Bots Questions,

somthing i dont see, no one sayd, maybe if bots, don't you think its because all is to hard to get ? expe, mats, rec's (A/S, that you all know S arent spoilable, so why lvl a BH ?...), full armor drop, quests for S recs are kinda TOO hards......?

it's just my opinion, thx for your answers Lyzira.

Ps: i don't say bot is good !! it's BAD ! maybe it's just a big think about all this too...

Last edited by Orcanta; 08-19-2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: few add's
Old 08-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #13
YesWeCan
Dark Knight

YesWeCan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armenua View Post
Well, Lyzira, as did Moxie, gave very few real answers. Most of them were PR rhetoric to avoid answering anything and really communicating with their player base. There are allusions to the concept that you all are doing a great job and we, the public, just can't know about the real information because it is a state secret or something: Not much is being done or plans on being done. Actually I think that is a lack of respect for people that have called for the people who run this game to do their job.

What I would like to ask now in all earnestness is why did you even ASK for the Q&A if this is the way you planned on answering them?
Psssssssssssss, ::whisper:: to please the simple minded people....

You have to understand the kind of people they are though. I can just see it happening, people in Korea look down on them and mistreat them and they take it out on us. Well some people deserve the silent treatment because they're ignorant in general, but others not so much.

I can't blame Lyzira (or the people before her) though, she probably gets "the talk" if she reveals too much.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #14
Dangleberry
Elpy

Dangleberry is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Lyzira Q&A - Answers!

I notice you ignored the questions about the ongoing problems with lag on Devianne and Phoenix servers. I wish that in my job I could just ignore the awkward questions from the customers with real issues and just concentrate on those who asked the questions I already had pre-written answers for.

New question: will you merge Phoenix and Devianne with servers in other parts of the country once enough players on those two servers have quit because they can't play the game they're playing for?
Old 08-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #15
Dock
Elpy

Dock is an unknown quantity at this point

The next time US/EU servers seems to be the last in applying LA2 updates.
Everywhere (except US and Russia) already Gracia Plus.
And in Russia is already announced promo site - promo.l2.ru
So US is the last...
Old 08-18-2009, 06:40 PM   #16
phoenixdown
Remnant Diabolist

phoenixdown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumPunch View Post
Some of the writing I see from my students in school is so horrible that it is impossible to understand the writer's thoughts. In fact, I often doubt if the writer clarified their own thoughts sufficiently to understand the thought themselves.

Given this, and the multitude of languages of L2 players, and the lack of writing experience of some of our younger players.....

I expect that some petitions are so poorly expressed that it is humanly impossible to understand what was going through the writer's mind in the game situation, especially if they are upset while they write. I am sure that many petitions honestly need a re-write to be understood. It is not the fault of the 'competent GM' if the writer cannot communicate.

For example, a clannie recently asked this question on clan chat, "waznt box time off? last hit or other open on the quest waz differentlol, right?"

No explanation other than that. So don't blame the GM if they ask for restatements, kk?
I fully understand there are idiots in this world that cannot create coherent sentences and there are people with language barriers; however, I am neither of those. When I send in a petition with a detailed explanation of the problem, I do not expect a reply that asks me to restate the problem.

The last time I got this response was when Antharas failed to spawn on time (note: competitive alliances track antharas/valakas spawns to the minute). The GMs sent me an auto-reply asking me to restate the problem. How hard is it understand: "Antharas spawn is bugged". Oh and the final response was "Sorry spawn is controlled by the server time, we cannot help you, please wait for it to spawn." Hurray for the server time being off from where it should be...
Old 08-19-2009, 05:00 AM   #17
EatTheRich
Heathen Knight

EatTheRich will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Do you have any plans for improving the vitality system to lvl 8 (500%) or lvl 10 (600%), as a way to make the grinding easier for real players?
plz dont do that. such things ***k up the game. those n00bs who still cry for faster xp should play another game...

there are enough noobs 78+ around who have absolutely NO clue of LII. and those who have clue cant be low lvl anymore.
ex-NCoa member
Old 08-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #18
MayatheBee
Remnant Diabolist

MayatheBee will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I have to agree with what this gril said.

I can suggest something about the updating of the web. There are some ppl that do understand from the game and have at least basic web knowledge and these ppl might be willing to help you out with the update if you recruit them correctly. Just to name a few - DiegoVargas from l2guru, populus who visits this web too, elmar from elliebelly.net, ellie herself and some others.

And about the vitality events. Koreans got like 20 times more vitality events than we get. This is why their playerbase is arround 81 currently and our is still 78. Their 16 hours of playing l2 without stopping is a pure myth... they just get too much vitality events. For example - if u get 5 revita pops they get 25.

Anyway tnx for the answeres some were interesting to read, but the others how armenua said were just PRethorical.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #19
XelliB
Heathen Knight

XelliB will become famous soon enough

Quote:

This is a good cover answer but totally misses the point by not answering the deeper question. The biggest issue I find with support is they make you wait 30 to 40 minutes until they even respond to your petition -- then the response involves their copy/paste or canned answer that has nothing to do with your question -- then they close the petition asking you to repetition again with more information or to clarify your question. How about this... Answer the petition and ask me yourself to clarify instead of making me wait ANOTHER 40 minutes to get a response?

The average player I know doesn't want to wait an hour and 20 minutes, or MORE to get an answer from support. If you called a 1800 number and they said "Thank you for calling, your estimated wait time is 1 hour, 20 minutes" you better dang well believe you'd slam the phone down and say "F that!" Totally unacceptable behavior for support. See THIS thread for some discussion on that matter and to see real screenshots of GM's responses.

I'll quote the ridiculously fabulous Judge Judy: "What's that saying? Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining? Yah, don't do that."

Quote:

*touches nose* Bingo.

Elemental Master -- Cardinal -- Saint -- Heirophant

Last edited by XelliB; 08-19-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #20
Azmaria
Goblin Lord

Azmaria is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

/sign

Same things have already been said by older community managers or even GM's (who can forget those words by spam surrounded by awesomeness and flames "i will do this , i will do that") but always the final results were equal to zero.

My conclusion is that it doesnt have to do with any CM but it's just the way NC works. Their business/development model is such that does not permit openness and good management of massive communities. Same goes for other NC titles i have some experience of like tabula rasa or exteel. Just can't expect from NC suddenly to become e.g CCP (eve online) and documenting the tiniest change they made.

So thanks for the answers lyz but tbh personally don't expect anything anymore :P