Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > General Discussion

Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

View Poll Results: Overall, did you like the Raising Rudolph Event?
Yes 63 63.00%
No 37 37.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
Sace
Retired Community Manager

Sace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud of
Question Raising Rudolph Event Feedback

This is a poll/survey to collect feedback about your experiences with the Raising Rudolph Event.
If you find the poll question too vague to answer comfortably, try answering the following questions first:

1) Did you enjoy the process of raising Rudolph?

2) How often did you get the buffs of Rudolphina, or the Turkey's Big Mistake?

3) Which reindeer buff did you want most?

4) Did you like the way Santa gave out gifts?

5) Did you like Santa's gifts?

6) How many gifts did Santa give you personally?

7) What did you not like about this event, if anything?
Old 01-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
BadMofo
Goblin Lord

BadMofo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Raising Rudolph Event Feedback

1) no, it slowed the pickup of drops
2) 1 time rudolphina
3) rudolphina
4) shure
5) yes were very good )
6) dont know, like 6 our 7 for day
7) beside the reinder food pickup and that nc forgot to put the real A+12 weapons on the rewards, it was a good event
Old 01-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
Xentheous
Remnant Diabolist

Xentheous will become famous soon enoughXentheous will become famous soon enough

No, im a summoner screwed my toon from being able to do it all the time. On top of the herb drops slowing my experience gaining for the entire time.

Never

Rudolphina

Yes this is fine just like last year.

Wish they came with the buff scrolls like the previous one.

260 of these i used about 7 for raid boss killing on lowbies (4 toons to 40 through event^^)

~ After 260 gifts i really hoped id get the +12 weapon but i dont think there were a whole lot of these given out so Santas probably sitting on a pile of weapons for his Elfs to exp with....
~ Herb Drops slowed down my experience gaining such that i sat hitting an npc and went out and played gears of war2 and mario party as they were more fun that the grind+Selective drop pick up+no rudolph for my main.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
Chia
Grave Predator

Chia is on a distinguished road

I hated this event more then I hate the Australian Media, and that's a lot, because I'm from Adelaide.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
ArtbuntRector
Beleth's Slave

ArtbuntRector is on a distinguished road

this event made me not able to play the game since the start of the l2.bin errors it caused every 5 mins that ncsoft has yet to fix. biggest fail event ever.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #6
DrTulp
Remnant Diabolist

DrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the rough

It was a pain with all those fruit baskets.
I stopped trading in the presents cause the damage diff was not worth the trip to town.
Generally....I would hope that you would have Adena earning events so that there might be a chance for us poor people to get enough Adena to buy A/S weapons and Armour. I know everything points to botting or buying Adena but there are a few of us who actually like to earn their stuff the way the game was designed *snicker.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #7
aya
Dark Lord

aya is on a distinguished road

1) No.

2) Once / None

3) Something relevant to the class being played. Which was rarer than you would think.

4) No. Stand outside and watch everyone but you getting presents for standing around? Ugh.

5) So-so. Passive for the one handed swords was decent, passives for the daggers and two handed swords not so much. Liked the extra stats on the shirts. Should to add those to forts or something.

6) Too many. How am I supposed to turn them all in when Santa's giving them out right until you remove him?

7) Fruit Baskets. Why do you hate your players?
Old 01-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
Aeowen
Grave Predator

Aeowen is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sace View Post
This is a poll/survey to collect feedback about your experiences with the Raising Rudolph Event.
If you find the poll question too vague to answer comfortably, try answering the following questions first:

1:the baskets were a pain and so most the time i didn't lvl cause i got tired of waiting for the deer to eat them since i couldn't pick up items cause of the stupid baskets.
2:i didnt get either buffs which made me wanna just log out for the entire event.
3:the critical one
4:no should not have taken breaks
5:yes, though liked last years where u just went and got one from the guy and buffs too easy and it worked. also last year they were tradeable so people who didnt play alot i could give a gift to and they could enjoy the event.
6:total about 40
7: the baskets distrusted play, Santa should have given gifts that were trade able, there is some illusion that there was a +12 weapon suppose to be given at some point.... i dont think anyone got it. the reindeer buffed me with wrong buff 90% of time and never got the vit buff. maybe get an option of buff if not the vit replenish reindeer? I wish we got permanent accessories.

liked the shirts!!! ++++ shirts and +++ weapons make me happy. only3 deers a day???? lame specially when i got 3 wrong buffs. WANT MORE PERM ACCESSORIES IN GAME! that casket Halloween one where everyone got horns and masks!!!! i want those odds on accessories. not one pig hat in a million chance! not rider goggles-shadow i want cool stuff and to keep it to make my char look good!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
BordrX
Remnant Diabolist

BordrX will become famous soon enoughBordrX will become famous soon enough

It was a good event for lower level players ... I personally didn't participate so the fruit basket drops annoyed me but I m sure lowbies loved being able to use a +16 or whatever A weapon for a while.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #10
Belophan
Baylor

Belophan has a spectacular aura about themBelophan has a spectacular aura about them

Not at all:
Firts of all my main is a summoner, so i got forced to play on my sub during this whole event
the scratch thingy was just plain annoying, atleast make the glow and not nose, since i didnt ever see the nose glow (unless i turned camera around ofc)

NEVER

Rudolphina, what else...
sure, other buffs made me kill faster, but whats the point anyway, cause i "have" to pick loot anyway

To random, some ppl got tons, just by hitting a npc 24/7, while those actualy out grinding for a few hours prolly didnt get any

What gifts would that be?
if u mean the ++ weapons it wasnt to bad, should have lasted longer tho, atleast 6 hours and guaranteed a +16 weapon

30 maybe

Everything but the free +16 weapons
Old 01-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #11
V3ndettka
Elpy

V3ndettka is an unknown quantity at this point

yes

2) How often did you get the buffs of Rudolphina, or the Turkey's Big take?
2x Rudolphina

Donateloph

no

yes

Way how Santa distributed gifts and Fruit Baskets...

Last edited by V3ndettka; 01-12-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #12
FidgitTheClown
Antharas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

i did, although there was an issue with having to wait 15 minutes to use the reindeer scratch skill after initially summoning, or being disconnected, even if the timer was past that point.

I had heard of one person not in clan getting the Turkey buff, and several of my friends got the rudolphina buff once. i have 7 reindeers waiting to be used, but no way to feed them, so 7 chances not to get this buff... i personally did not get this buff, even though i wanted it greatly.

I really wanted to get the Rudolphina buff, for looks, for the 4 bars of vitality, and the hour long vitality which would have helped me a bit.
even though i had not been efficiently leveling, i'm sure with this buff i could have finagled together a good xp group.

i've always enjoyed this, although i found it strange that one day, 5 in an hour, and another day with 0 for the day... once i got one because i playfully attacked someone elses reindeer.

i did, although tradeability would have been nice, the extra Shirts and SA weapons were quite good. go go +16 shirt +5 str, int, con, men +50 resist element... (just wish someone told me the poles had Vampiric Rage sooner than the last day of the Santa weapons)

i received... close to 30 i guess, 15 AFK hitting, 15 Grinding(i didn't AFK hit too much... no jackpots though, i'm just not lucky in that way.

the herbs which dropped could not be picked up and interupted standard functionality for myself, and others... the herbs were required to get the rudolph buffs, so if you neglected to feed all of your rudolphs before herbs stopped, they became dead weight.
Also... 3 Rudolphs + Rudolph food + that event ticket thing...
took up way too much inventory space... inventory space is pretty important and i have 107 max, and was hitting it regularly during this event.
i feel bad for anyone who only had 80 max.
Last edited by Sace; 02-01-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Reason: http://youtu.be/dG8wsae-6tU
Old 01-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #13
Belophan
Baylor

Belophan has a spectacular aura about themBelophan has a spectacular aura about them

"i have 7 reindeers waiting to be used,"

no u dont, when servers come up they are gone..
Old 01-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #14
Ryne
Thunder Wyrm

Ryne is on a distinguished road

Kinda. Fruit baskets were annoying ofc the character went to pick up them FIRST before the drops they could actually pick up and Rudolf was slow at picking them up, and as he got close to going to santa he gave up on picking them up. The baskets should have been made so chars just ignore them. It was also annoying to have to switch from inquisitor to pet rudolf.

NEVER. i saw ONCE someone with Rudolphina. Never saw or heard of anyone with the Turkey one.

The vit one OFC.

Yes, tho he seemed to favor buffers/healers lol

No. I don't want any xmas trees, and the shadow weapons (tho improved from last time when they didn't give any sa) were useless for S grade due to the lack of elements so even highly enchanted ones were useless. Plus NO ONE GOT THE +12 weapon. And at this point in the game it should have been a +12 S weapon, and multiple lower grade highly enchanted weapons given out as the jackpot.

Between all my alts...maybe 40-50 or so?

Everything i've already stated. But mostly that no one has gotten the "jackpot" the weapons were useless if u had an elemented s grade weapon. Santa should have given out like real gifts, real armor/accessories/weapons of varying grades and enchants. The shadow weapons were fine....for levelling subs & alts. But not for mains.

Overall I said I liked the event. The buffs were nice, and so were the weapons for alts & subs. It also seemed to be one of the events that didn't necessarily favor those who play 24/7 as santa seemed to be competely random and event items were no trade no sell no drop.

~ Semper Fi ~
Old 01-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #15
FidgitTheClown
Antharas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

yeah, i know, it's een more sad now...
however, i did like the rudolph joy buff...
i know it wasn't asked about, but i liked it a lot anyway.

and... i should say, since rudolphina was pretty much a write off for me anyway with my bad luck...
for the actual turtle buffs, i liked them in this order.

Donateloph Attack speed, P.attack, Vamp Rage...
Raphaeloph Crit rate, Crit damage (i melee a lot with swords)
Leonardolph Casting speed, M.attack (helps for drains and seals)
Michaelangeloph ... magic crit rate? meh, didn't nuke enough to be helpful.

i kinda forgot all about the Turky buff, never even crossed my mind...
what were its stats anyway? anything useful?

i woulda liked those prophecy scrolls again from last year, but the fact that they were dominating Oly was kinda a big deal.
Last edited by Sace; 02-01-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Reason: http://youtu.be/dG8wsae-6tU
Old 01-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #16
Balmorhea
Goblin Lord

Balmorhea is an unknown quantity at this point

1) Did you enjoy the process of raising Rudolph? Sure it wasn't difficult at all.

2) How often did you get the buffs of Rudolphina, or the Turkey's Big Mistake? 2 Rudolphinas, 0 Turkeys

3) Which reindeer buff did you want most? Vit buff obviously followed by fighter buff. I seemed to get mage buff atleast half the time which was essentially worthless for me.

4) Did you like the way Santa gave out gifts? Yes

5) Did you like Santa's gifts? Yes the shirts and event weapons really helped alot however I have yet to hear about someone who actually got a permanent gift. Also gifts should be tradable.

6) How many gifts did Santa give you personally? I guess around 40 total.

7) What did you not like about this event, if anything? Items should have been tradable, rare buffs should be more common, fighters get fighter buff, mages get mage buff.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #17
Krissa
Spezion

Krissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No. Not that baskets, deer horns messing with my targetting, deer body blocking my movements, scratching, spamming the white chat. The only good thing about it was the deer didn't catch aggro.

Rudolphina was cute, though.

Quote:
3 times Rudolphina. That's the sole reason why I liked the event.

Quote:
Rudolphina

Quote:
Yes, was fun.

Quote:
OK, but nothing special.

Quote:
Don't remember, 10 to 15. And I don't think I used more than 5 of them.

Quote:
The event had absolutely no ingame market aspect, unless you are going to pretend that those trees aren't a waste of a trade slot.

Last edited by Krissa; 01-12-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #18
Laby
Valakas

Laby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of light

First I want to thanks all the Lineage 2 Staff for this event. I'll try to answer question the best I can

Yes, but there was for me a small problem : the Affection Jauge is a good idea, but it's a bit annoying to wait 15minutes between each "Scratch". And It was impossible to scratch rudolph when you was in a transformed state (Inquisitor, Vanguard ...)

Never for those 2 buffs

Personally as healer, I really loved the Donateloph Buffs, but for others, less work for me because of the Vampiric Rage effect

Sure.

Yes. I leveled my subclass and only it with all thoses event weapons. It's really a good help for alt characters/subclasses, and even for high level characters (S Grade Pole +16 x3, AoE @ fog <3)

Around 20

-All the white chat made by Rudolph. Ok it's cool at the beginning, but if you put 4 or more rudolphs in the same place, you should put white chat in an other tab ><
-Impossible to earn money with this event
-Summoners got played with this event.

Last edited by Sace; 01-19-2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: * profanity edit
Old 01-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #19
DininX
Grave Predator

DininX is an unknown quantity at this point

No, didn't bother. The scrolls from last year were more useful.

If I were exping the vit one of course, but normally whichever was most suitable for my class.

Bunch of people standing afk hitting npcs for hours on end hardly seems like what you intended.

Shirts were nice, weapons without element are essentially useless though. A +12 a grade weapon is something that would have been impressive 3 years ago.

8ish

The weapons being useless as mentioned above, the buffs were nice but I honestly couldn't be bothered with the reindeer. Shirts were ok, nice little boost. Being able to port in with the +16 weapons into olympiad probably wasn't intended, gave a pretty huge advantage to warcryers and OLs who are purely matk based, not that it really bothers me but was a little sloppy.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #20
Dela
Goblin Lord

Dela is an unknown quantity at this point

1) Not really, the idea is nice but it just didn't work in game, the baskets were probably one of the most annoying things ever.

2) Never got them

3) The vitality one (Rudolphina), and it would be nice if next time we could get fighter buffs for fighters and mage buffs for mages. I kept getting mage buffs over and over on my destroyer, other then added hp and run speed, they were mostly useless.

4) Didn't like it, I got 2 or 3 gifts on my SE that i would of liked to give to my BH instead.

5) Yes those were fine and fun.

6) Roughly 10 to 15 gifts.

7) Like I said before, the added "basket food" drops was really annoying.
Closed Thread