Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Technical Discussions > General Technical Issues

Login

General Technical Issues Describe your client-side, hardware or software complications. This is not a place to report game bugs.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
Infomorph
Dark Lord

Infomorph is on a distinguished road
Default Windows 7 + L2 Windowed Mode --> dock, minimize, restore, fullscreen :(

Does anyone else have this problem?

In Windows 7:

1. Open L2 in windowed mode.

2. "Dock" the L2 window to the top of the screen (drag it to the top of the screen) so that it fills your desktop (but doesn't overlap your Windows taskbar)

3. Minimize the L2 window.

4. Now restore the L2 window... it switches to fullscreen.

I 2box and sometimes click on the wrong one in the taskbar (which automatically minimizes it). When I click on it again to bring it back up, it switches to fullscreen mode which makes the screen black for about 3-5 seconds, sometimes just long enough for me to get killed

Is this problem recognized by the L2 dev team?

Can anyone recommend a Win7 registry hack that will change the default behavior of clicking on programs in the taskbar?

ty
Infomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
Varaya
Valakas

Varaya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Windows 7 + L2 Windowed Mode --> dock, minimize, restore, fullscreen :(

That does not happen to me. I have Windows 7 x64, Nvidia 8800GTX. I play in Window mode (same as you described, dock to top of screen so that it covers whole screen except task bar). When I minimize the game (and I do it often, e.g. when I have a shop running) and then click on the icon in the task bar to show it again, it restores to exactly the same size and position as it was before.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
Ryne
Thunder Wyrm

Ryne is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Windows 7 + L2 Windowed Mode --> dock, minimize, restore, fullscreen :(

yup same here...all the time. Or when i load up my second client it sometimes switches the first one to full screen. I usually alt-tab through my screens it usually doesn't happen then.

~ Semper Fi ~
Ryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
Infomorph
Dark Lord

Thanks for replies

Varaya are you sure you're doing what I said? Window mode > dock > minimize (by clicking icon in taskbar) > restore (by clicking icon in taskbar).

This happens on both my desktop and laptop... both are Windows 7 Pro x64. My desktop runs a 8800GTX too, not sure what my laptop has, its a Lenovo W700. But I don't think it's a hardware issue anyways. Do you have Windows aero on or off?

The same thing happens when you click the maximize button in the top right corner... instead of maximizing the window it changes to fullscreen. I think that's the problem... when Windows says "maximize" to L2, L2 goes to fullscreen instead.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #5
Infomorph
Dark Lord

btw, if you shift+right click on the minimized window, hitting either Restore or Maximize from the context menu puts it in fullscreen.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #6
Varaya
Valakas

Varaya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infomorph View Post
Varaya are you sure you're doing what I said? Window mode > dock > minimize (by clicking icon in taskbar) > restore (by clicking icon in taskbar).
I think we are talking about different ways of making the game "Window size but leave the task bar visible".

I put L2 into Windows mode

I drag the Window up to the top of the screen so that the upper Window border is slightly outside the visible area (I do not get the "dock here" white rectangle thing). If I then release the button, it sticks exactly to the top of the screen. I resize the Window then (dragging lower right corner) so that it fills up the visible area of the screen except for the task bar.

I click the icon in the task bar -> game minimizes

I click the icon in the task bar again -> game restores to exact same size/position. Same happens with 2 game clients (I have a dual screen setup, and if I put a 2nd client on the 2nd screen, I can minimize/restore that one the same way)

Just tried it out again to make sure.

I think what YOU are doing is not to just make it stick to the top of the screen and then resize it, you drag it a bit further outside the visible area to let Windows do the "resize" part. If you THEN minimize it and restore it, then - yes, it resets to full screen. The game remembers the Window size, so whenever I start the game, I just have to drag it to the top of the screen to make it stick there, I never have to resize the Window again.

Last edited by Varaya; 02-06-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Varaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
Infomorph
Dark Lord

I see... you are manually resizing the L2 window by dragging the corners. You're right it maintains the window size/position on minimize/restore that way. Good idea but not as fast and clean.

BTW this feature in Windows 7 is called "Snap":

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../features/snap
Old 12-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #8
diemorra
Elpy

diemorra is an unknown quantity at this point

hey dude! idk if will help but when you enter in game press alt+enter

^^
idk if will help
diemorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #9
Judas
Baylor

Judas has a spectacular aura about themJudas has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infomorph View Post
Does anyone else have this problem?

In Windows 7:

1. Open L2 in windowed mode.

2. "Dock" the L2 window to the top of the screen (drag it to the top of the screen) so that it fills your desktop (but doesn't overlap your Windows taskbar)

3. Minimize the L2 window.

4. Now restore the L2 window... it switches to fullscreen.

I 2box and sometimes click on the wrong one in the taskbar (which automatically minimizes it). When I click on it again to bring it back up, it switches to fullscreen mode which makes the screen black for about 3-5 seconds, sometimes just long enough for me to get killed

Is this problem recognized by the L2 dev team?

Can anyone recommend a Win7 registry hack that will change the default behavior of clicking on programs in the taskbar?

ty
this is a known issue since windows 7 was available in a public RC or even prior to that using a fixed gameguard file to play it.

DO NOT DOCK lineage II..... simple as that.

Alternatively... disable windows snap.. as mentioned above
Old 12-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #10
PimpMyBow
Remnant Diabolist

PimpMyBow will become famous soon enoughPimpMyBow will become famous soon enough

Cool, I thought this was how its supposed to be .