Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Community Corner > Player Guides

Login

Player Guides Players that create guides and collections of game tips can post them here. If you have questions please post in the Player Questions section above!

Old 06-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
SoulMagic
Remnant Diabolist

SoulMagic will become famous soon enough
Default Pet Guide

Mini Pet Guide (some info borrowed from links)

http://www2.elliebelly.net/index.php...iewtopic&t=775 Sadly elliebelly is no longer online :/

Buffalo - good for fighter classes

Baby has Small Heals
Improved does Greater heal
lv 55 : Bless the Body lvl 6. (20mins), Might lvl 3. (2 mins)
lv 60 : Shield lvl 3. (2mins), Guidance lvl 3.(2mins)
lv 65 : Haste lvl 2. (2mins), Vampiric Rage lvl 4. (2mins)
lv 70 : Focus lvl 3. (2mins), Death whisper (2mins)

Kookabura - good for mage class

Baby has Small Heals
Improved: Recharges mp (battle heals as well when you are at 30% hp)
lv 55 : Bless the Soul lvl 6.(20mins), Empower lvl 3.(2mins)
lv 60 : Bless the Body lvl 6. (20mins), Shield lvl 3. (2mins)
lv 65 : Concentration lvl 6. (2mins), Acumen lvl 3.(2mins)
lv 70 : (consensus seems to be no new skill at 70)
* If the owner is +15 levels of the pet, there is -10mp penalty per each level.

Cougar Casts both fighter & mage buffs

Baby has Small Heals
lvl 55 : Might lvl 3.(2mins), Empower lvl 3. (2mins)
lvl 60 : Bless the Body lvl 6.(20mins), Shield lvl 3. (2mins)
lvl 65 : Acumen lvl 3.(2mins), Haste lvl 2. (2mins)
lvl 70 : Vampiric Rage lvl 4. (2mins), Focus lvl 3. (2mins)

Please note, even though these baby pets can equip a weapon, don't bother buying one, they are lovers not fighters =)

A Hatchling is cute baby dragon, again not much of a fighter but at 55 when evolved into a Strider they can be ridden. If you see someone flying in the air with a dragon, that is a Wyvern. Castle owning clan leaders can use a normal Strider to summon a Wyvern, B-grade crystals are required and be sure to have Wyvern food on the pet (or possibly in your inventory if they are like other pets that you can ride). Certain clan halls (Aden, Forrest of the Dead and Beast Farm I believe, there may be others) also have a Wyvern Manager where the clan leader can summon a Wyvern. More here http://www.lineage2.com/Knowledge/pet_6.html

Evolving to Guardian Strider is gone now since Territory Wars were removed: You can exchange a Strider to a Guardian Strider via Territory War badges. I do not know what advantages a Guardian Strider has over a normal Strider so I anyone has one and can post their stats and skills and maybe a screenshot that would be cool

If you have a Strider get Isabelie to throw another Strider run =D http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=208940

Dino pets are obtained by hunting on Primeval Isle. They do not drop on the ground but instead go directly into your inventory. They eat plain wolf food, do not have any buffs and cannot wear pet weapons or armor but they can wear the Jewels. Thus far they cannot be evolved but they come in level 55 and 70. The level 70's come from the Sailren raid.

Some additional Dino info here http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=209815

Note to ncsoft: Dino's need some love.

------------------------------------------------

Pet Quests

Kookaburra Lvl 24 Help the Son Gludio - Lundy One Time Only Solo
http://l2.eogamer.com/wiki/Help_the_Son%21

Buffalo Lvl 25 Help the Uncle! Dion - Waters 1 Time / Solo
http://l2.eogamer.com/wiki/Help_the_Uncle%21

Cougar Lvl 26 Help the Sister! *Heine - Cooper 1 Time / Solo
http://l2.eogamer.com/wiki/Help_the_Sister%21
*This quest seems to have been changed, starts at the Giran Pet Manager outside the Luxury Shop now.

Wolf Lvl 15 Get a Pet Gludin - Martin Repeatable
http://l2.eogamer.com/wiki/Get_a_Pet
Cheats for the wolf test but probably out of date: http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=209055
Warning: Apparently since Goddess I think, Dark Elves can't do this quest as the mobs needed for it have been removed >< Just make another class to do the quest. It is repeatable. Dwarves work fine =)

Hatchling Lvl Little Wing Cooper - Giran Repeatable
http://l2vault.ign.com/View.php?view...s.Detail&id=23

Strider Lvl 45 Little Wing's Big Adventure Hunter's Village - Wiseman Cronos Repeatable
http://l2vault.ign.com/View.php?view....Detail&id=387
(Evolves your baby Hatchling to a ridable Strider)

Tips:

Always have plenty of the correct food on your pet. They will feed themselves if the food is in their inventory. There is a thread that someone's pet died from starvation even though it had the right food on it because there was another type of food in it's inventory (I carry multiple pets with different food and haven't had this problem yet) http://boards.lineage2.com/showthrea...light=pet+food

Most foods are obvious, such as wolf food, great wolf food but I have seen people ask what food does the baby kook, buffalo and couger eat, that is the Baby Spice.

If you mount a ridable pet, the food needs to be in your inventory not the pets and you have to right or double click the food to feed him until you dismount. Then it goes back in his inventory for self feeding.

If pet dies to mobs, you used to have only 24 hours to rez it or it would be gone forever. This is no longer true, and even the pet wolf quest says this. They do not disappear even if you let the poor thing die of starvation =p

To target your pet to rez him or heal/buff or whatever, you click on his name bar on the top left on your screen, or if for some reason the bar is gone, you can press the shift key and hold it while you click the pet's dead body. You can also type /target petname if he has a name.

If your toon doesn't have the rez skill, carry the plain resurrection scrolls from the grocery in case they die from mobs when they are low level. There are blessed pet rez scrolls available from the Priest of Mammon but they cost quite a bit and there really is no point until they are higher level. They make up the loss in a jiffy =)

Always keep the "Unsummon" skill on a toolbar somewhere. Sometimes they glitch like in instances and you lose their bar so you can't open it and use the Unsummon. You have to Unsummon then Resummon to fix it.

Get gear that is in your price range, you don't need top gear, anything helps imo Some gear can be upgraded but it seems more expensive than buying the new gear. The only pet that needs a weapon is the wolf, other pets aren't really good fighters. Armor and a Jewel helps for all the pets. The best armor and weapons can be found in Giran and Rune I believe. Correct me if wrong.

Keep them Safe ~ Pets no longer have to fight to gain xp. I find it best to hunt in an area where none of the mobs are aggro and let the pet follow or park them in a safe spot and pull to them but you have to learn the tricks to keeping the baby pets from following you to heal and buff. Example, don't run into a pack of aggro mobs if your health is low and the pet wants to chase to heal you. Use some heal pots if you need to. You can turn off his buffs for 5 minutes from one of his actions if necessary. If I am aoe'ing with a pet parked at a safe spot I will sometimes Alt-Click off his buffs and wait for him to rebuff before I pull if the time on the buffs is short. Decent armor and jewel help, get the best you can afford. For mobs that AOE, if I am single mob hunting in a spot where I have to run around to get the mobs, I click the pets "Movement Mode" button to stop him just out of the AOE range.

If a wolf is near your level or above and has decent armor, weapon and jewelry you should be able to have him fight alongside you, just be sure to get the aggro first and put heal pots on the wolf if you don't have a heal skill. Wolves will stay put if you click Movement Mode in their action window. Click again if you want them to follow you.

I haven't tested this but I have heard if the pet is more than 15(?) levels above you, you aren't able to control it. (looking for verification here)

Wolves can be evolved to Great Wolves at level 55 via the Pet Manager. If you are in a clan that holds a Rune or Aden clan hall, you can make the 55 Great Wolf into a ridable Snow Wolf. Otherwise it needs to be level 70 to become a ridable Fenrir.

Excellent Wolf info and leveling guide here: http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=209602 Thanks Melkhyn! (some of the wolf tips in Mel's guide are good for other pets too

Pets are great fun! gl with yours. They also sell for a good price when they are evolved at 55 if you want to raise them to make some adena

In order to trade, mail, sell or put your wolf on auction house you need to completely empty it's inventory. They can be stored in your warehouse without emptying them.

Aug. 8, 2012 update:

If you are a summoner class, you can have a summon and a pet out at the same time.

Pets take a small amount of your xp when hunting while you have them out. I googled this to try to find out how much xp they take and the site below on baby pets says they take 5% of your xp and Improved pets take 35%. It doesn't seem to be this much to me but you can test the xp you get on the same mob with and without the pet out. (Thanks for the suggestion Yidao =). The pet also gets the xp advantage of your VP, the 200% Mentor bonus (and buffs) and I would assume any other xp increasing items such as Runes.

While googling, I ran into this site that has a nice section on pets =) http://l2wiki.com/Pets and http://l2wiki.com/Baby_Pets

Feel free to add any of your pet tips/info to this thread!
We really needed a PTS

Last edited by SoulMagic; 08-08-2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: updated!
SoulMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
SoulMagic
Remnant Diabolist

Default Re: Pet Guide

Isa's Strider Run! http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=208940

Sace even came! lol showing off her Wyvern =P

We really needed a PTS

Last edited by SoulMagic; 08-15-2010 at 06:04 PM. Reason: fixed image link
Old 06-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
Melkhyn
Grave Predator

Melkhyn is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Pet Guide

The wolf guide is badly outdated....I have 3 Fenrirs, may I write it myself?
Old 06-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
SoulMagic
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkhyn View Post
The wolf guide is badly outdated....I have 3 Fenrirs, may I write it myself?
Sure, the more the merrier Would be good to show the stats and skills wolves get too if you have those.

oh I saw your wolf quest guide so I'll add a link to it above hehe
We really needed a PTS
Old 06-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
pix
Imperial Warlord

pix is on a distinguished road

theres a 23 ish raid if u port to forgotten temple n go left - lizardman with archers (cant think of its name atm) that drops blessed pet rez.

if u lvl ur pet on a toon 10-15 lvls lower than the pet, this seems to be the best pet xp (really not 100% just guaged from what ive tried so far)
Old 06-19-2010, 01:45 AM   #6
SoulMagic
Remnant Diabolist

Great info! Thanks Pix I didnt know any mobs dropped the blessed pet rez scrolls
We really needed a PTS
Old 07-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #7
Melkhyn
Grave Predator

Melkhyn is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Pet Guide

Posted guide on wolves here:

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=209602

Live long, have fun! RRAAAWR!! >o<
Old 07-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
SoulMagic
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkhyn View Post
Posted guide on wolves here:

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=209602

Live long, have fun! RRAAAWR!! >o<
added it to the guide above on 7/11, and TY!
We really needed a PTS
Old 07-22-2010, 02:47 AM   #9
SoulMagic
Remnant Diabolist

updated the guide a bit
We really needed a PTS
Old 08-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
Nivay
Elpy

Nivay is an unknown quantity at this point

magicsoul, did anyone named "suffler" helped ya to create this guide? or cooperated with you? answer me if it's possible, someone claims that he did
Nivay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #11
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivay View Post
magicsoul, did anyone named "suffler" helped ya to create this guide? or cooperated with you? answer me if it's possible, someone claims that he did
rofl.

someone trying to scam some credit?
Guess we know where he hangs out...
Smittie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #12
Nivay
Elpy

Nivay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie View Post
rofl.

someone trying to scam some credit?
yes, that's why i am asking, i will ban him if this is the truth, but i want to be 100% sure so i need to hear it from magic soul
Nivay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #13
SoulMagic
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivay View Post
No, I don't know a suffler and nobody helped me other than the links I put in the post
We really needed a PTS
Old 08-15-2010, 06:08 PM   #14
SoulMagic
Remnant Diabolist

Just thought of this but I added some stuff to the "Tips" section because it needed some really basic info like how to target a dead pet, which came about from helping a newbie in game, maybe that was suffler? He had a different name in game though if it was.
We really needed a PTS
Old 08-29-2010, 01:23 AM   #15
grimnar13
Hungry Spirit

grimnar13 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's with those new looking striders? What kind are those?!?

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder...!
grimnar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:54 AM   #16
SoulMagic
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimnar13 View Post
What's with those new looking striders? What kind are those?!?
Those are Guardian Striders, which you get from the Territory Mercenary Captain under Mount Information.

I believe you have to trade a regular Strider for it and it costs TW badges but I haven't done it so I don't know for sure.

Maybe someone who has done this can share that information (calling Isabelieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!)

If anyone that has a Guardian Strider could post some info on special skills and maybe a screenshot showing their stats, that would be great Are they worth it?

I'm sure there is some info in patch notes of recent updates. I don't recall which update they were added.
We really needed a PTS
Old 12-10-2011, 06:11 AM   #17
Minigod
Elpy

Minigod is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I just getting trouble with my pet, I got my Kookaburra lv 24 but it is too weak to be train it just take 1 damage per hit and always die.

I can't upgrade lv for it by killing mob cause it just got only 10% exp, it is too long.

Is there have anyways to share more exp for pet? if not, can someone show me any guide about Kookaburra's gears, training spot...? The first link is dead to me

Last edited by Minigod; 12-10-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Minigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #18
pix
Imperial Warlord

pix is on a distinguished road

are u close to ur pets lvl ?

if u r take it in to kamaloka daily it will soon lvl.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #19
ragner
Goblin Lord

ragner is an unknown quantity at this point

hi!
nice guide!

1 question: is there any limit how many different pets u can have on 1 character?
ragner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #20
SoulMagic
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragner View Post
hi!
nice guide!

1 question: is there any limit how many different pets u can have on 1 character?
Thank you

you can carry as many as your inventory will hold, but I believe you are still limited to having only one pet out at a time

Summoners can have a summon and a pet out at the same time.
We really needed a PTS

Tags
buffalo, couger, hatchling, kookaburra, pet wolf