Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

Old 01-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
kirill
Imperial Warlord

kirill will become famous soon enough
Default Oly games in H5

HI guys, please discuss

The previous system in which opponents were selected randomly has changed to a system in which opponents with similar Olympiad points will be matched first.

as i understand, if i have 8 points i will face any class who has 8 points too?
so if lvl 85 wins wins wins wins and then feeds up his clannie and get down to 8 points i will face him too?
even tho im lvl 79 right?

or am i wrong?

please discuss
kirill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
__Terry__
Remnant Diabolist

__Terry__ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Oly games in H5

seems so, but imo its better then keep fighting hero after hero. This system will force the players with high scores to fight each other and will enable the ones that have less points to increase them.

Seems very good.
__Terry__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
SayntLucifer
Goblin Lord

SayntLucifer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by __Terry__ View Post
seems so, but imo its better then keep fighting hero after hero. This system will force the players with high scores to fight each other and will enable the ones that have less points to increase them.
Agreed. Also gotta take into consideration that the number of matches people can do. might force more CB to go on. maybe a good thing? not sure yet for myself. just gotta wait and see
SayntLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
Mareesha
Thunder Wyrm

Mareesha is on a distinguished road

Too the most part you are correct kirill. It assumes he can actually feed the points to his clan mates, and get back down to gather more points.. But then most of us, even with lvl 81 toons lose to lvl 85 toons.
At this point, with all the changes happening in the Oly part of game with H5, I find it hard to guess what strategies big clans and top players will adopt to get to be heroes. That lvl 85 toon might just as easily find he's feeding points to his clan's enemies and not his clan members. If he's trying to pass points to toons which a clan wants to become heroes, he will need a lot of points by middle of the month. In open oly, a lot of heroes or potential heroes will be fighting others with similar high point scores, or might.
As SayntLucifer indicates, mostly we need to wait and see, or possibly read the posts from Korean players.
Mareesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #5
LordRiot
Imperial Warlord

LordRiot will become famous soon enoughLordRiot will become famous soon enough

Doing any mega-feeding is going to be really difficult on an uber farmer. With a maximum of only 280 fights every month, if you can't afford to lose the hero slot on the farmer, then you can't give up too much of your points.

At the same time the requirement for how many matches people need to play goes up to 15 meaning there should be even more points to take from players.
Also the vorpal and vesper gear in the shop, on top of the fact that the daily quests seem really good in terms of rewards means there should be much more people doing olympiad regularly.

Make no mistake, feeding is going to be harder to do effectively as you can't just do a 1000+ matches to get your desired results and take hero without contention. Especially (in fact crucially) because players can now /olympiadstat other people...
LordRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #6
Aconyte
Beleth's Slave

Aconyte has a spectacular aura about themAconyte has a spectacular aura about themAconyte has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirill View Post
as i understand, if i have 8 points i will face any class who has 8 points too?
Oly in H5 still requires a batch of 8 people to start a wave.
So, if there are 7 signed people with just 1 point each in that wave, and 1 person with 1000 points signed at the same moment, there will be a match in which the person with 1000 pts fights someone with 1 point.
Aconyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
kirill
Imperial Warlord

kirill will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconyte View Post
So, if there are 7 signed people with just 1 point each in that wave, and 1 person with 1000 points signed at the same moment, there will be a match in which the person with 1000 pts fights someone with 1 point.
oh, so, as far as this goes....
ok they changed from 9 ppl to 10,
so i guess when 10 ppl are signed and u have 1 point, i have 4 points

some other have 1 point and another has 6 and bla bla bla have 1000 points

we all be matched up lower points to lower points and the one with 6 points to one with 1000 points or will it be totally korean random as usual?
kirill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #8
RavenWind
Thunder Wyrm

RavenWind is on a distinguished road

Lets be real people. Even with lvl 85 characters you're still going to lose to oly enforcers. They're called enforcers for a reason.
RavenWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #9
phoenixdown
Remnant Diabolist

phoenixdown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenWind View Post
Lets be real people. Even with lvl 85 characters you're still going to lose to oly enforcers. They're called enforcers for a reason.
L..O..G..I..C..?

Get that out here.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #10
RavenWind
Thunder Wyrm

RavenWind is on a distinguished road

brb starting thread about why i cant win in open oly on my 79dc
RavenWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #11
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Quote:
brb starting thread about why i cant win in open oly on my 79dc
No need to start another thread, it's your total lack of skill.

Go press 2 macros moar!
Guess we know where he hangs out...
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #12
Krissa
Spezion

Krissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to beholdKrissa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconyte View Post
But if there are 2 enforcers signed, the stuff becomes more interesting
Krissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #13
Varaya
Valakas

Varaya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Not if the enforcers get each other in their matches most of the time
Old 01-06-2011, 11:49 PM   #14
Retribution
Remnant Diabolist

Retribution will become famous soon enough

I need to reroll to an OL, all this talk of Oly glory makes me on my BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sace
This just in from QA:
"Tears are delicious!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH1Fa...youtu.be&t=25s
Retribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:09 AM   #15
MaoMao
Imperial Warlord

MaoMao will become famous soon enough

There is a good way to feed in this system. It is called keep your numbers high.
I will detail here:
I have 1 char that i want to get hero on. This wont be regular char, can have a lot of real victories on pre-80 chars on it's own, and even higher, as such can do some points up to 30-40 alone. Then, I have oly farmers on other accounts/clans/trains, etc. They will get also at around 30-40 points. Now, a tipical wave of ppl doing 15 matches for rewards consist of lower-than-30 huge majority. The chances for your farmer to meet the prospected new hero are high, and, in case wont meet it, will be able to continue farming on both chars. Once they get over 100 points will be even easier.
There will be scouts at Oly NPCs in all towns to see if any possible contestant is on, i.e. another known farmer with trains/clans, etc.
It wont be any easier than before, but also not THAT much harder as some ppl imagine.
M
Old 01-07-2011, 04:15 AM   #16
Retribution
Remnant Diabolist

Retribution will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoMao View Post
There is a good way to feed in this system. It is called keep your numbers high.
I will detail here:
I have 1 char that i want to get hero on. This wont be regular char, can have a lot of real victories on pre-80 chars on it's own, and even higher, as such can do some points up to 30-40 alone. Then, I have oly farmers on other accounts/clans/trains, etc. They will get also at around 30-40 points. Now, a tipical wave of ppl doing 15 matches for rewards consist of lower-than-30 huge majority. The chances for your farmer to meet the prospected new hero are high, and, in case wont meet it, will be able to continue farming on both chars. Once they get over 100 points will be even easier.
There will be scouts at Oly NPCs in all towns to see if any possible contestant is on, i.e. another known farmer with trains/clans, etc.
It wont be any easier than before, but also not THAT much harder as some ppl imagine.
M
I'm not on the same server as you, but from your posts I get the strong feeling that you have no clue how to compete in the Olympiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sace
This just in from QA:
"Tears are delicious!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH1Fa...youtu.be&t=25s
Retribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #17
Jorge
Grave Predator

Jorge will become famous soon enough

imo /olympiadstat used to others will be helpfull to feed a char in oly.
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:08 AM   #18
xKilandi
Dark Knight

xKilandi is an unknown quantity at this point

To sum it up:

In general the fights will be more fair since people that are farmers will get high in points pretty fast and they will face people with higher points very soon after they started "farming" Olympiad. During the end of the month when many people are inside, the so called "lowbies" will also have a lot of fun during Olympiad because they should be faceing each other most of the times.
Overall the matching of opponents via there points will make Olympiad ALOT more fair and interesting. Farmers won't need to camp Olympiad 6 hours everyday to get as many 1-2-3 pointers as possible to become hero.
Due to the max amount of 60 matches in open per week only the real strongest people of their class will get hero and not the one who camps the most.

Thanks for this change NC.

My Shop + Powerleveling:
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthrea...80#post3035980
xKilandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #19
__Terry__
Remnant Diabolist

__Terry__ will become famous soon enough

ant points lost will be reduced from 1/3 to 1/5. So no more heros screwing up your points by 9 more every time you get them.
__Terry__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:08 AM   #20
washtak
Beleth's Slave

washtak has a spectacular aura about themwashtak has a spectacular aura about themwashtak has a spectacular aura about them

I'm so going to be cardi hero!
*dusts off her A-grade suit*

Anyone to feed me?

(art by Martha Dahlig)
washtak is offline   Reply With Quote