L2 stay pay to pay but include a NCsoft shop 38 20.54%
I realy don't care 19 10.27%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
Dagga
Thunder Wyrm

Dagga is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Lineage 2 Free to play

Hi , I'd like to NCsoft take a look on that and Sace / Moxie speak of that to NCsoft team if the vote is good.

Lineage 2 should be Free to play but of course a game f2p is never realy free to play.

NCsoft NA/EU Should make the game free to play and make a In Game NCsoft shop where player can buy atractive and usefull item. Like that it will bring lot of player that play on private because they can't pay every month the game.

There some idea that could be in shop.

Premium account that make 2X xp / 2X sp / 2X drop / 2X adena / 2X spoil .

Potion :
Hide potion : that has a reuse time enought long to don't be abused .

invincibility potion: again with a reuse time enought long to dont be abused.

Potion to see ppl in hide : for 6 sec with reuse time enought long ( exemple 15 minut ).

Ultimate CP potion : that restor the double of the Greater cp potion restore.

Ultimate spd potion : Increase greatly the sped ( More then WW2 ) for 1 minut.

Special item :

The item that increase the chance of enchent ( like they have in korean )

Special pet impossible to get in game ,only by buy via in game NCSoft shop.

vita pop ( or some item that give vita ).

Special cloak more style , with special bonus.

Accessory impossible to get without buy by NCsoft shop.

Special shadow jewel that give a good bonus ( pvp dmg, hp , cp , spd etc ).

If L2 come Free to play , NCsoft will need to open more server and it will bring them more cash.

Last edited by Dagga; 05-13-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Dagga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
mcBuff
Remnant Diabolist

mcBuff will become famous soon enoughmcBuff will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lineage Free to play

I voted "L2 stay pay to play but include a NCsoft shop". However, a big NO to sell items that gives a character pvp/pve edge; such as those potions and 'special' gears. Milk potion is ok to be sold. Vitality pop can be sold, but with a limitation of how many an account can by per month.

L2 NA/EU doesn't need to be f2p. It needs to attract casual players but the game should still require the same amount of commitment to get to end game. It doesn't matter whether the casual player is level 1 or level 85, they will still enjoy the game as long as there is a sense of community in game. I still remember it was so fun in c4 (when I started) and c5. 97% of the community was partying with each other and meeting new people everyday in a new exp/raid group. People would ask "Do you need a party/ Do you wanna join us?", but now "HEY! GET OUT!" "This is my spot!". I don't know what happened over the years, and most people seem to be stuck with themselves (multi-boxing) or 'the one' group now.

I want the old community back

Last edited by mcBuff; 05-13-2011 at 11:48 PM.
mcBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:46 AM   #3
SrTortuga
Thunder Wyrm

SrTortuga is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lineage Free to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcBuff View Post
I want the old community back
poor lonely guy!

Old 05-14-2011, 05:42 AM   #4
atarth
Remnant Diabolist

atarth will become famous soon enoughatarth will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lineage 2 Free to play

I voted f2p assuming the coins system will be included.

I dont see other way for getting in game people than f2p and im sure once people come see how game and our servers are,many of them when they lvl will start paying to play with us.

This is very important for bringing in game also people that allready knows L2,new players''noobs'' with current vit and events potions lvl so fast they reach s grade without knowing anything about game and without having the means to obtain gear that's why they cant get involved in an old's players group.

I dont see how our game(activitys,partys,money making)can exist without new players that do have knowledge of game.I'm trying to find some nuker and supports for my party over 6 months,i have spoken to every 79+ untaged toon in server,it's always the same,''im lf xp only,i lvl with friends and ill join them when i get to 85,just lf xp today'',

And i dont see game able to provide us with nothing with X1 rates and no system of donation/ebay/coins, name it as you want.I dont care if some rich guy wants to pay 1b euro and buy all safe enchantment scrolls as long i also can pay my 10e and buy the pet i want,the hat i want,the summoned jewl that will give me some stats i want,when i want.
I'm not afraid of 5 players with thousands of euros to spend in coins, they cant monopolize a server(maybe monopolize hero of their class),the servers were monopolized all these years by the guys that DID bot and ebay and everyone could do it,he didnt have to spend hundreads thousands of euro to do it.
atarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #5
T4G
Dark Lord

T4G is an unknown quantity at this point

I said no.. instead I would like to see a lower month2month payment or something. Besides.. ive got something im working on that I need the game to stay pay to play.
T4G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
Dagga
Thunder Wyrm

Dagga is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4G View Post
I said no.. instead I would like to see a lower month2month payment or something. Besides.. ive got something im working on that I need the game to stay pay to play.
If L2 stay p2p the game should get the same thing that lineage 1 got ( his death from the NA/EU server ) .

f2p is the best option to keep L2 alive for more long time.

We are 2 server, the next NCsoft option if they need to merge will be " to close L2 " .

RU are f2p and have 13 server.

The number of L2 player that can pay the game each month is ~ 10 000 and + ppl. So if L2 becaume f2p this will make all them start on the official game that will increase the number of server need and it will increase the NCsoft cash so L2 will stay alive a long time again.

There are over 2 000 private server that work with the NA clien ,wich these have a population of 600 to 3000 player. I played long time in private server to know that 80% on them play there cause they can't or don't want to buy the game every month.if the game become f2p,they all will come to play for sure

F2p is the best option to get enought server and that NCsoft continue to say " There are enought player to stay L2 online ".

I said some item that could be on the shop store but it can be different, it was more " exemple " .

Every one want that L2 being closed and need to change game cause of that ? i'm sure not.

Last edited by Dagga; 05-14-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Dagga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #7
mcBuff
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrTortuga View Post
poor lonely guy!

That reminds me of Akon! lol. But it's more like frustrating and talking to brick walls than lonely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagga View Post
There are over 2 000 private server that work with the NA clien ,wich these have a population of 600 to 3000 player. I played long time in private server to know that 80% on them play there cause they can't or don't want to buy the game every month.if the game become f2p,they all will come to play for sure
Hmmm... it doesn't make sense. So how does having a bunch of people that can't pay or are not willing to pay to play the game (which I highly doubt they will pay for NCshop, too) is profitable for NC?
Old 05-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #8
T4G
Dark Lord

T4G is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagga View Post
If L2 stay p2p the game should get the same thing that lineage 1 got ( his death from the NA/EU server ) .

f2p is the best option to keep L2 alive for more long time.

We are 2 server, the next NCsoft option if they need to merge will be " to close L2 " .

RU are f2p and have 13 server.

The number of L2 player that can pay the game each month is ~ 10 000 and + ppl. So if L2 becaume f2p this will make all them start on the official game that will increase the number of server need and it will increase the NCsoft cash so L2 will stay alive a long time again.

F2p is the best option to get enought server and that NCsoft continue to say " There are enought player to stay L2 online ".

I said some item that could be on the shop store but it can be different, it was more " exemple " .

Every one want that L2 being closed and need to change game cause of that ? i'm sure not.
Makes sense... I would hate to see L2 close. When ppl ask I tell them L2 is better than WoW/Aion/Everquest/Rift etc.. I have been playing since c2 opened and I dont see boredom any time soon.
T4G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #9
Aussielisa
Banned

Aussielisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Pls never make lineage 2 free to play there be like 1000 bots every where massive gold spammer on trade it would suck *** id go back to wow if tht happened
Aussielisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:47 AM   #10
Romel
Remnant Diabolist

Romel is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Hmmm... it doesn't make sense. So how does having a bunch of people that can't pay or are not willing to pay to play the game (which I highly doubt they will pay for NCshop, too) is profitable for NC?
People that can afford the cash shop would probably pay way more then $15 a month.
Romel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:35 AM   #11
Saber
Thunder Wyrm

Saber is an unknown quantity at this point

go find another 100k live players, then nc will talk to you about free play. plz use common sense.
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:38 AM   #12
Romel
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber View Post
go find another 100k live players, then nc will talk to you about free play. plz use common sense.
Thats really an unnecessary position now isnt it?
Not my job to find players or even use common sense for that matter. I just play here.

Editing to add: I remember playing RF online for a while. When they went free to play the population exploded. Those servers are gone now but thats a completely different issue.

Last edited by Romel; 05-15-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:00 AM   #13
mcBuff
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos View Post
People that can afford the cash shop would probably pay way more then $15 a month.
They would probably just break-even for the 'free-loaders'. Also with more population, the company will be spending more expenses on the game's operation; such as more staff to monitor adena sellers/bots/cheaters etc... Like Dagga said, those people don't want or can't afford to pay $$ for the game in the first place; and therefore, it is unlikely NC will even a dime from them with the cash shop.

If they actually sold those 'special' items in the NCshop, personally I would consider playing a private server rather than a free official server. At least I don't have to commit to L2 that much with a private server.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:43 AM   #14
Romel
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
They would probably just break-even for the 'free-loaders'.
Just from what I have seen I dont think thats true. Using RF as my example again. When the game came out it was the standard $15 a month to play. When the population got really low they switched over to f2p with a cash shop. If I remember correctly they were down to 1 or 2 server before f2p. When they switched over they had to add new servers. All the old ones were full. So you do make a fine point in saying the company would spend more money. But the end game clans in RF required there members to use the cash shop. I dont remember exactly what the items were. But you HAD to use it if you wanted to be in the big end game clans. I knew people that would easily spend over $100 a month in the cash shop. So one guy paying $100 a month at the cash shop covers the cost of nearly 7 free loaders. Official going free would kill quite a few private servers. The population here would blow up quick.

Just my opinion. High population in an mmo is never a bad thing.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:34 AM   #15
Balduu
Tainted Zombie

Balduu is on a distinguished road

The idea of adding a NCSoft Coin System and making L2 F2P is most likely a good idea.

BUT a BIGGGGGG no to all those "pots;Jewels". The only things which should be sold in there are things like Revita Pops; New Cloaks maybe (same stats as event cloaks); Accessorys; Agathions (a lot agathions are available which we dont have; I'm sure ppl would pay to get their desired ones); Vit Maintain pots; Milk; Dyes maybe and maybe something else.

There should be NOTHING which gives you an advantage over other players during pvp. They should only be able to get things which makes em able to gear faster than a player who doesnt pay at all. (lvling nonstop in vit4 is ofc gonna make em lvl faster and thats what players want for their subs and alts.
They got enough adena to gear up so why should they lvl months?)

So +1 to the general idea.
and -1 to the items you've listed there.
Balduu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:41 AM   #16
mcBuff
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos View Post
Just from what I have seen I dont think thats true. Using RF as my example again. When the game came out it was the standard $15 a month to play. When the population got really low they switched over to f2p with a cash shop. If I remember correctly they were down to 1 or 2 server before f2p. When they switched over they had to add new servers. All the old ones were full. So you do make a fine point in saying the company would spend more money. But the end game clans in RF required there members to use the cash shop. I dont remember exactly what the items were. But you HAD to use it if you wanted to be in the big end game clans. I knew people that would easily spend over $100 a month in the cash shop. So one guy paying $100 a month at the cash shop covers the cost of nearly 7 free loaders. Official going free would kill quite a few private servers. The population here would blow up quick.

Just my opinion. High population in an mmo is never a bad thing.
In the end, they are items that give players a pve/pvp edge. A f2p game cash shop with items that doesn't give an advantage to players in pve/pvp will never make enough money to the ratio of the expenses needed to support the game operation.

The beauty of L2 right now is that people don't need to cheat or pay RL money to get to have top gears. They might not get there as fast as the one that cheats, but they will and can eventually get there. But if NCNA needs to rely on having people to buy from cash shop to make profit, all that will change.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:51 AM   #17
Romel
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
In the end, they are items that give players a pve/pvp edge.
Im not agreeing with the items in the OP. I cant say I know what the best items would be to sell in cash shop. But sure, why not? We already know all the people posting on the boards can afford a cash shop if we went free to play. It seems reasonable that any of us already paying for the game can afford to use the cash shop. Not one of us would lose our edge in pve/pvp. Sure players with better jobs can use the shop more. But losing some pvp's to those players or any players for that matter is not going to upset me. Full mmo is still much better then an empty one any way you look at it.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #18
__Terry__
Remnant Diabolist

__Terry__ will become famous soon enough

I dont mind if it goes F2P as long as i have the option to pay my 15 bucks to get perma 2x rate and the other bonus .
__Terry__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:51 PM   #19
DemiGoth
Guardian Archangel

DemiGoth is on a distinguished road

Make L2 a F2P game with a Pat2Win cash shop and I'm out and I guess half the players will feel that way too.

Make L2 a Freemium game like Lord of the Rings online is and I'll consider to stay active, depending on the items in the cash shop, but will most likely leave as well (I have lifetime subscription for LotRo and haven't really played since it went Freemium)

Basically, I think L2 as an unique open-world PvP MMORPG should not be made F2P in any form. Look at the F2P PvP market out there. The MMO that comes closest to L2 is Perfect World, and the more money you pump into that game, the better you are in PvP. Really, skills have nothing to do with MMO's that have a cash-shop.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:48 AM   #20
MaoMao
Imperial Warlord

MaoMao will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussielisa View Post
Pls never make lineage 2 free to play there be like 1000 bots every where massive gold spammer on trade it would suck *** id go back to wow if tht happened
It wont be so. If it is F2P bots will no longer be allowed, because they not only that dont pay anything, but they hurt revenues for the company.
If ppl bot they wont need special items such as vita or +20 gear from shop, so sales will drop.
Like it is now, they like bots because they pay subscription too, in F2P at most PvP bots will be alowed, but that hurts sales too because ppl will be able to do something even without +20 weapon.

I voted to keep the game like now, but if it is up to survival, I would agree with F2P.
M