Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Technical Discussions > General Technical Issues

Login

General Technical Issues Describe your client-side, hardware or software complications. This is not a place to report game bugs.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
gntle
Goblin Lord

gntle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GameGuard ERRORS and Windows 7 64bit.

Error1:
\??\C:\Program Files (x86)\NCsoft\Lineage II\system\GameGuard\d has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

Error2:
The NPPTNT2 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Warning:
Name resolution for the name l2clientdownload.lineage2.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

These are the messages i get from windows, and game freezes and locks up the comp at random times. Anyone have a suggestion what to do about this? i hate GameGuard with a passion!

Please if someone know whats up
gntle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
PimpMyBow
Remnant Diabolist

PimpMyBow has a spectacular aura about themPimpMyBow has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: GameGuard ERRORS and Windows 7 64bit.

Try and run it in compatibility mode?
PimpMyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
gntle
Goblin Lord

gntle is an unknown quantity at this point

Well thing is i never needed to this just until last update this started to act up. I have excluded L2 folder in my antivirus and tried compatibility stuff etc, it's random how it cashes. Cause comp freezes totally most times.

Also deleted gameguard aswell reinstalled it.

Thing is game works for hours and soetimes minutes before it crashes. So the error is kinda weird. but the nppTNT2 is a file located \windows\system and \sysWOW64 and is a system file wich is put there by gameguard i belive :S wich i kinda dont like.
gntle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
NiceDwarf
Banned

NiceDwarf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gntle View Post
Error1:
\??\C:\Program Files (x86)\NCsoft\Lineage II\system\GameGuard\d has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.
ALways have this error in Windows logs, but GG works fine... Its all because x64 windows blocks unsigned drivers, i dont know why NCSOFT doesnt care about signing their main files...
NiceDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
Luxiel
Remnant Diabolist

Luxiel has a spectacular aura about themLuxiel has a spectacular aura about them

Maybe 64-bit System aren't mainstream on Korea yet...
Luxiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
Judas
Baylor

Judas has a spectacular aura about themJudas has a spectacular aura about them

Don't install lineage II to the program files... additional Levels and Write permissions are very VERY limited even if your running as admin it can be sometimes unreliable.. specially with gameguard ******* off every single "check" windows and most other anti-viruses have.

I would suggest moving the entire Lineage II folder to another location "IF" possible. Even if it's just to the C:\ drive which still isn't 100% ideal.. but generally a lot better. (cut~> paste)

Watching my gameguard files and lineage II startup, after the first time lineage II is installed and a full check completed, this file doesn't appear to excist in my system32 folder at all.

Then again i never have installed the game using the standard installer...

I would suggest going to the system32 folder in your windows folder...... find the file.. delete it.... try lineage II again...

Are you running lineage II via the ncsoft launcher or via the actual Lineage II Launcher?
Judas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #7
Luxiel
Remnant Diabolist

Luxiel has a spectacular aura about themLuxiel has a spectacular aura about them

Judas, I found myself with some problems recently...

If I leave Lineage 2 open and try to run some applications not made by NC Soft or Microsoft, they just throw errors.

Not usual errors, more like flawed installation errors. For instance:

Steam: If not running for a long time into that boottime, when lauching with L2 open, throw exception about denied access to Steam.dll (or something like that).
Steam Games: If Steam and L2 are running but the game wasn't loaded before, the game is blocked if it is a Steam-Required (Games like Portal 2 and later - Show "No Steam" instead of menu, Can't locate Steam, even if it is running).
Windows Media Player Classic home Cinema: If L2 is running, it crashes when open ANY video file. Opening the program is OK but loading a video files crashes it too.
BS Player: Maybe lucky or not, but if BS Player checks for updates before loading the video file, throw denied access and kill process.
Ventrillo: Apart from the problem of running if as restricted user (keeps the push to talk function disabled while L2 is foregrounded), works flawlessly while running as admin.
Other applications: I've seen some strange behavior but mostly unoticed, apart from those other apps that Read/Write into Program Files or Program Files (x86).

Strangely enough, uTorrent works, even when it updates itself and it write files to Users folders. uTorrent is installed into Program Files.

When Lineage 2 is closed, everything work as intended. also, a few days ago, I closed Lineage 2 prior than launching Steam and it threw the error. I checked the process list and found nProtect Modules already running (they lagged out in quitting, I think). I killed GameMon.des (AFAIK, this is one of the main modules for GameGuard or nProtect based softwares) and all other modules went down. Steam ran as intended after this.

Any tips around this?

Another question: Twice now, while Lineage 2 is starting (probably after GameGuard had finished it's update procedure), suddenly a IExplorer instance is launched into the GameGuard FAQs page. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance,
~Lux

PS:

Sys config:

Dell XPS 15
CPU: Intel core i5 2410M @ 2,1GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR3 - Single Channel @ 1333MHz
Video (Aero and low tasks): Integrated Intel Graphics HD 3000
Video (Games and 1080p Playbacks): nVidia GeForce 525M DDR3 1,5GB GPU
Storage: HDD 500GB SATA2 @ 7200rpm
AV: MSE
Resident Protection: MSE & Spybot -S&D

Last edited by Luxiel; 11-01-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #8
Judas
Baylor

While lineage II is running it's quite normal for numerous other applications to fail to run or even report installation errors.... Even at some points Internet Explorer has been barred from running.. (boy that was a pain)... i think even now google chrome is touch and go.. not to mention countless other programs..

Gameguard LOCKS them out of running, disabling necessary files and services from running which are required to run the called program.... so no surprise there.

As for the random Internet browser app showing up about nprotect... yeah I've got that unpredictably.. sometimes i can go weeks without it.. and then in a single day see it repeatedly.... no real understanding as to why aside from gameguard giving a false failure notice.

Basically ANYTHING you plan to run, make sure you start BEFORE running lineage II.. and if gameguard has an issue with it running, it'll kill it... but more often then not, if it's running prior to launching lineage II it'll keep running.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:44 AM   #9
Luxiel
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas View Post
While lineage II is running it's quite normal for numerous other applications to fail to run or even report installation errors.... Even at some points Internet Explorer has been barred from running.. (boy that was a pain)... i think even now google chrome is touch and go.. not to mention countless other programs..

Gameguard LOCKS them out of running, disabling necessary files and services from running which are required to run the called program.... so no surprise there.

As for the random Internet browser app showing up about nprotect... yeah I've got that unpredictably.. sometimes i can go weeks without it.. and then in a single day see it repeatedly.... no real understanding as to why aside from gameguard giving a false failure notice.

Basically ANYTHING you plan to run, make sure you start BEFORE running lineage II.. and if gameguard has an issue with it running, it'll kill it... but more often then not, if it's running prior to launching lineage II it'll keep running.
Thanks Judas!

Yeah, I also though that the page was opened when GameGuard gets some failure, but it shouldn't run the Game if it (GG) was shut down. So I'm clueless too...

~Lux
Old 11-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #10
sercatum
Imperial Warlord

sercatum will become famous soon enoughsercatum will become famous soon enough

If we talk about GG/L2 .. and TeamSpeak.
I can use L2.
I can use TS will all functions including hot keys to chat.

I can use L2 while TS is running - np.
But when L2 is not minimized I don't have access to Hot keys in TS to activate chat.

It doesn't matter is L2 is in window or full screen mode TS is blind to hot keys.
I hear all clearly ... just can't speak.
I can use voice activation but no one like it
When L2 is minimized I can use hot keys.

When I was using W7x32 all was ok, now I have W7x64 and those problems.

Anyone have/had something similar and solved it?
I have tried some options in L2 interface about game-pad but except rotating camera haven't archive anything
sercatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #11
Judas
Baylor

I've never had a problem with TeamSpeak 3 provided it's ran AS Admin either after or prior to Lineage II.. usually best to start it before you fire up lineage II..
Old 11-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
Luxiel
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sercatum View Post
If we talk about GG/L2 .. and TeamSpeak.
I can use L2.
I can use TS will all functions including hot keys to chat.

I can use L2 while TS is running - np.
But when L2 is not minimized I don't have access to Hot keys in TS to activate chat.

It doesn't matter is L2 is in window or full screen mode TS is blind to hot keys.
I hear all clearly ... just can't speak.
I can use voice activation but no one like it
When L2 is minimized I can use hot keys.

When I was using W7x32 all was ok, now I have W7x64 and those problems.

Anyone have/had something similar and solved it?
I have tried some options in L2 interface about game-pad but except rotating camera haven't archive anything
TS works much like Ventrillo.

Run TS in Admin mode. Pref. before running L2 and the Hotkeys should work.

(you know, Right click > Run as admin)

I usually used Voice Activation on TS and worked great.

Still don't know why US people prefer Vent over TS... I guess it's some sort of prejudice, because Flagship (Ventrillo) is from US and TeamSpeak Systems is German.

I like TS better... TS3 manages codecs and plugins pretty well and has a lot of features, while keeping it light for the system. I'm also used to locate functions in TS that I always get lost looking for in Vent.

~Lux
Old 11-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #13
Judas
Baylor

Yeah teamspeak is superior in every way... the only issue people had with teamspeak 2 when ventrillo has it's update, was that teamspeak was still using outdated codex and didn't "sound as good"..

now with TS3... there is utterly no reason why anyone would want to keep with vent...

but meh whatever
Old 11-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #14
Luxiel
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Yeah teamspeak is superior in every way... the only issue people had with teamspeak 2 when ventrillo has it's update, was that teamspeak was still using outdated codex and didn't "sound as good"..

now with TS3... there is utterly no reason why anyone would want to keep with vent...

but meh whatever
I set up a TS3 server once... It is like Skype: Voices clear like water and the former 0.5~1 second delay was gone. Finally real-time conversation.

I never liked Vent. No menus and all functions are hidden in a HUGE rightclick menus. Options window is messed and confusing and I just can't find some tweaks. Hell it took a while to find Master Output Volume! Not to mention the individual volume...
Old 11-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #15
Judas
Baylor

yeah it's significantly more difficult.. the voice activation system is pretty flawed and generally unreliable..... the delay is an issue... and there really is no identification or reasonable administrator system of any type with profiles and such for different levels of privilages.

Best yet for teamspeak, it's free for anyone willing to set it up and run it off a connection, and the new TS3 uses significantly LESS bandwidth then vent for significantly better voice.

I wish people would use it, but nope.... to stuborn....
Old 11-07-2011, 06:39 AM   #16
Luxiel
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
yeah it's significantly more difficult.. the voice activation system is pretty flawed and generally unreliable..... the delay is an issue... and there really is no identification or reasonable administrator system of any type with profiles and such for different levels of privilages.
This is one of the best TS2 and TS3 features IMO. Their web admin system is great and, if you want, you may set it online so your subadmins and mods can access it remotely.

Better yet, you just have 3 different ports of 3 different services: Voice Chat, Admin System and file Sharing system. So you can easily set any of those services on and off...

Maybe I'll try to convince my CL to use it...
Old 11-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #17
Judas
Baylor

there is a "bug or glitch" that can be used to increase the maximum number of clients able to be hosted..... from it's free 25 or 30 limit to any number..

but be forwarned.... at 25 people consuming the upload bandwidth of your connection and even with the higher end codecs and compression schemes... an unload rate of less than 2 or 3mb at max quality isn't going to cut it.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #18
Yusei
Elpy

Yusei is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxiel View Post
Windows Media Player Classic home Cinema: If L2 is running, it crashes when open ANY video file. Opening the program is OK but loading a video files crashes it too.
Hi, any solution for this????
Yusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #19
Dawe
Heathen Knight

Dawe will become famous soon enough

I can open video files on Win XP with MPC - HC.
Dawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #20
Yusei
Elpy

Yusei is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawe View Post
I can open video files on Win XP with MPC - HC.
Yeh, on win xp its fine, but in win 7 64bit with l2 runing u cant open mpc -hc :s...
Any solution???
Yusei is offline   Reply With Quote