Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Game Suggestions

Login

Game Suggestions Share your ideas for new or modified game features

Old 12-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
Felathar The Merchant
Elpy

Felathar The Merchant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Solving the traffic problem..

I think people should start using the wharehouse instead of leaving their character AFK for 5 hours selling.

The queue problem is mainly because of that. I was in the time of gludio yesterday for about 20 min with a friend and it's incredible the HUGE ammount of AFK characters or duplicated characters AFK selling.
I don't have anything against selling but if that means wating for 2 or 3 hours to log in the server is really dumb.

My suggestion is this. Limit the AFK time to 20 or 30 minutes and automatically disconnect the character. This way you are gonna have the traffic reduced a lot. Also I noticed people barelly uses the Auction House witch in my opinion is a must. I know most of the Linage 2 players don't know what an AA is but if you come from WoW or Rift you are used to it.

Last edited by Felathar The Merchant; 12-08-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Felathar The Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
Iceburn
Elpy

Iceburn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Solving the traffic problem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felathar The Merchant View Post
I think people should start using the wharehouse instead of leaving their character AFK for 5 hours selling.

The queue problem is mainly because of that. I was in the time of gludio yesterday for about 20 min with a friend and it's incredible the HUGE ammount of AFK characters or duplicated characters AFK selling.
I don't have anything against selling but if that means wating for 2 or 3 hours to log in the server is really dumb.

My suggestion is this. Limit the AFK time to 20 or 30 minutes and automatically disconnect the character. This way you are gonna have the traffic reduced a lot. Also I noticed people barelly uses the wharehouse witch in my opinion is a must. I know most of the Linage 2 players don't know what a wharehouse is but if you come from WoW or Rift you are used to it.
I think you mean 'Auction House' not warehouse, but yes, you'r right... it's time people start using it. It's annoying to see all that campers all over the every fak.ng town... sometimes you can't even pass them by... auction house is there for solving that problem, they programmed it, so use it **** it!
And yes, PLEASE reduce AFK time to 20min... it's extremely frustrating having to wait for 1h to log in... if this is customer service you were so proud about during announciation of F2P service... well, you'll have to work about it a little more!
Iceburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
Felathar The Merchant
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburn View Post
I think you mean 'Auction House' not warehouse, but yes, you'r right... it's time people start using it. It's annoying to see all that campers all over the every fak.ng town... sometimes you can't even pass them by... auction house is there for solving that problem, they programmed it, so use it **** it!
And yes, PLEASE reduce AFK time to 20min... it's extremely frustrating having to wait for 1h to log in... if this is customer service you were so proud about during announciation of F2P service... well, you'll have to work about it a little more!
Thx for pointing at my mistake. Yes it's AA not warehouse. I've been trying to log in for 3 hours now Is really frustrating cause I'm having a lot of fun and knowing a lot of people. I also planning on creating an Only Dwarf Clan.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
ModiOperandorum
Tainted Zombie

ModiOperandorum is an unknown quantity at this point

I like this idea, it would make it easier to see what is a good price for an item, when you can simply compare prices. The only problem with this is that it would eliminate private creation shops. If there was something similar for private creation, then i would give this my full support.

My addition to your suggestion:

Have the blacksmith (or a new NPC) be able to do private creation for you, in a similar manner that the Auction House works.
ModiOperandorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
Felathar The Merchant
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModiOperandorum View Post
I like this idea, it would make it easier to see what is a good price for an item, when you can simply compare prices. The only problem with this is that it would eliminate private creation shops. If there was something similar for private creation, then i would give this my full support.

My addition to your suggestion:

Have the blacksmith (or a new NPC) be able to do private creation for you, in a similar manner that the Auction House works.
First... thanks for commenting. Secound private creation shops can be replaced with a pet seller or something like that. A pet that stays online when you are offline. There are thousands of way to fix this. You just have to think beyond the obvious. Right now I can't see clearly how the economy moves on L2. Unlike WoW you don't have a clear view of what the prices are for example. I play mosly an economical character. I will lvl up my dwarf and probably look for the way of getting rich without doing much grinding. That's the way I've always played. AA is a great tool for me, but right now is complicated. Also like I said before it bothers me to wait so much time to log.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
atarth
Remnant Diabolist

atarth will become famous soon enoughatarth will become famous soon enough

Quote:

My suggestion is this. Limit the AFK time to 20 or 30 minutes and automatically disconnect the character. This way you are gonna have the traffic reduced a lot. Also I noticed people barelly uses the Auction House witch in my opinion is a must. I know most of the Linage 2 players don't know what an AA is but if you come from WoW or Rift you are used to it.

Lineage2 and playing the market are so much united that your suggestion would really make the last of old players quit the game!

We have created several toons only for buy-sell!Specific toons for specific kind of items,many of us thought of several ways to make our main seller attractive to new customers,mastered the technique of smart macros and good setting shop spots,have an open communication with other players with emails and bargains for sell-buy and so much more.In the older days when servers were full,there were well known dorf-shops that you would pm or mail to ask for specific mats or items,market is a very alive and exciting aspect of game!

Auction,may be a fast way to look on many of items the server has for sail,but it is a cold way to shop,also a good way for Ncsoft to shrink your adena even more,since the items you put in auction propably wont get sold in 7 days.

About traffic problem,i have noticed his pick hours on naia are evening around 18.00 untill 22.00 and these are NOT setting afk shops hours,only grind active 's people's hours.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
DrachaVonDrachen
Antharas

DrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to behold

If you could sell a set of Armor together in the auction it would be nice... alas you can't.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #8
NiceDwarf
Guardian Archangel

NiceDwarf is on a distinguished road

its not only for selling, its for mentees too, so they can have 200% exp and buffs 24/7
NiceDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #9
Dreamer
Beleth's Slave

Dreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about them

Don't even dare to touch my beloved sellshops

Better delete the whole mentor thing and bb afkish ppl standing around to "pwlvl" low lvls via the 2x xp.
(Tho we all know that nothing will happen unless NCKorea does some changes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draecke View Post
didn't you knew L2 is all about ze dramaz o0
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #10
Sent
Grave Predator

Sent is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Player shops are one of the best and unique features for many players in L2. Usually they account for 1% of the population, at worst they climb to 5% in the morning when the server has room for about 1000 more players.

Yes, clearly shops are the problem and need to be destroyed. With this type of logic you should work for the government. :P
Sent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #11
Jyrki
Frintezza

Jyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really nice

They need to raise the Max on the Auction house to more than 10, and maybe remove it from being restricted from Account to the individual Character.