Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 12-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
olgen
Guardian Archangel

olgen is on a distinguished road
Default subclass and stone of destiny question

I am trying to figure how to get Mana Gain on a sub since the new Aoere Healer recharge sucks without it...

1. Can Spectral Dancer take 2 subclasses at the same time - Bishop and Shillien Elder? if yes, can i make Bishop a dual class?

2. Suppose I have some non healer class, for example Mystic Muse, who has a healer sub, for example Eva's Saint. Can I awaken the main class as a Aoere Healer if I have a Stone of Destiny?

Last edited by olgen; 12-20-2011 at 02:52 PM.
olgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
Megid
Dark Knight

Megid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: subclass and stone of destiny question

You can have three subclasses or some other large number and the only limit to stone of destiny is if you don't use it, it disappears anyway, and you can't use it to awaken to the same thing another class will awaken to.
Megid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
olgen
Guardian Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megid View Post
You can have three subclasses or some other large number
so case 1 will work?

Quote:
and the only limit to stone of destiny is if you don't use it, it disappears anyway,
you mean when i awaken without using the stone? i am aware of that.

but can you awaken dual class with SoD if main is not yet awakened?

Quote:
and you can't use it to awaken to the same thing another class will awaken to.
so the answer to the case 2 is no? since SM's ES would awaken to healer (but won't since i want mg), i can't awaken main as a healer? even if i have not dualclassed it?
Old 12-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
Megid
Dark Knight

Megid is on a distinguished road

You can't do the dual class quest without first having awakened, which would consume the stone regardless of if you used it or not.

Then you can't awaken a dual class to what your main class is. So you wouldn't be able to make your healer subclasses into dual classes afterwards.
Megid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
ZuFF
Imperial Warlord

ZuFF is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgen View Post
I am trying to figure how to get Mana Gain on a sub since the new Aoere Healer recharge sucks without it...
that makes no sense, literally
ZuFF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
olgen
Guardian Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuFF View Post
that makes no sense, literally
why? with mana gain, i'd receive 250+ mp per recharge instead of 166. although there is a over time part too, still extra 100 would be nice.

... on the other hand, I just noticed the Rebirth skill that restores 100% of everything for every member with 10 min cooldown and maybe mana gain is not worth bothering with after all but something tells me this skill might be nerfed in the future...
Old 12-20-2011, 11:56 PM   #7
ZuFF
Imperial Warlord

ZuFF is an unknown quantity at this point

subclass skills don't exist anymore, not in the way you think. No matter what you subclass you have a choice of 8 generic skills to choose from. Mana gain doesn't exist anymore, the closest to it is the MP Consumption/Skill reuse skill
ZuFF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:11 AM   #8
SirCrash
Dark Knight

SirCrash is an unknown quantity at this point

You can switch to your subclass anywhere.. So every 20 minutes you could switch to an se or ee sub and give everyone mana gain.. Although if you are a healer you cannot subclass an SE or EE anyways.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:32 AM   #9
olgen
Guardian Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCrash View Post
You can switch to your subclass anywhere.. So every 20 minutes you could switch to an se or ee sub and give everyone mana gain..
not to everyone since it has 5 min cooldown but to one person, yes, that was the plan.

Quote:
Although if you are a healer you cannot subclass an SE or EE anyways.
right, but I am planning to make 2 sub classes on a non healer, both of which are healers - bishop and EE/SE. I get EE/SE to 79 and do NOT dual class it. I dual class Bishop and make it aoere healer, and the main is not a healer, but i still have both aoere and a SE on the same char so i can cast mana gain and other skills from EE/SE/Bishop from pomanders, for example Resist Stun.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #10
Esorlleh
Elpy

Esorlleh is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to know this as well.
I'm reading that even with Rebirth, healers miss Mana Gain a lot, especially in a party with nukers.

I guess the main question is, are there any restrictions to subclassing a healer class if your Dual class is a healer?
I understand that you can't sub a healer if your Main class is a healer.
Esorlleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #11
beleaua
Imperial Warlord

beleaua is an unknown quantity at this point

On my first char I'm wizard main, cardinal sub and some others. I went to npc in talking island and I cant take EE/SE subs or change to that and probably because of my cardinal subclass. Aside from that, it seems like I cant take necro subclass anymore, it was available when I played long time ago, now is considered wizard too lol.

Btw, I guess you made Aoere Healer to help your main char. I was debating too, if I should make my SE healer or enchanter to help my mage but my brother advised to make enchanter and he was right, you wont miss mana with all buffs, with healer buffs you need some recharge and the only place where I miss recharge is in solo instances like SOA, whenthose 3 songs expires but you still have wizard harmony. Its not like you can bring someone with you inside, I'd better lvl a recharger pet.

Last edited by beleaua; 12-22-2011 at 04:04 PM.
beleaua is offline   Reply With Quote