Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > General Discussion

Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

Old 01-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
-Nemesis-
Thunder Wyrm

-Nemesis- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Warrior vs Archer or other DDs in GoD

I've made this topic also in Kamael area. Sorry for making 2d same topic but I wanted some discussion about this topic..

I read tons of topics around for GoD..
I have a new kamael in Bartz (almost 60 lvl) and what I really want to know is... Doombringers can still be a good DPS "pvp machine" after being awakened? Or maybe archers,daggers > DB

Destructor I read you have 97lvl DB in Korean servers, so I bet you participated in many pvps... I want to read your opinion about this...
Have you ever thought "**** archer is pretty pwnage now"? (for example)
Or you still can have tons of fun and "+1" with new DB after 85..

I used to play for many years in a private low rate (x2) server an archer...
I also played in the past DB..
So when I started here in GoD I had this dilemma "DB or archer?"

Just need to read some opinions

Thnx for your time guys..
-Nemesis- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
Snobb
Dark Knight

Snobb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Warrior vs Archer or other DDs in GoD

i dont know about kamaels exactly but in my opinion warriors are outclassed by archers and rogues. im lvling a dagger to be rogue and leaving my warrior till maybe someday they update him and make him as usefull and strong as other dd classes.
Snobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
-Nemesis-
Thunder Wyrm

Thnx for your answer Snobb... So you played awakened warrior and you think thats its outclassed from Archers/Rogues? hmmm thats not good...
Hope I see some more answers on this :/
Old 01-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
-Nemesis-
Thunder Wyrm

Any further opinions :/
Old 01-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
Draecke
Antharas

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

archers & mages are the top pvp dps chars atm, pve wariors have issues after lvl 95 due to lack of mobs they can kill fast compared to other classes which is an issue that will be fixed in a later patch but no idea when we will get that though..

use search as this question has been asked before in the last 4 months unless all topics from the GoD section got deleted when we went live with it then ok maybe not ^^"
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
Kamyo
Hungry Spirit

Kamyo is an unknown quantity at this point

Its fair this way, warrior wont do the same damage archer and wizard. why?
Simply warrior have more defense, therefore he can survive more time.
But I bet at raid bosses the dps (damage per second) is somewhat near among all DD classes.
Kamyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
-Nemesis-
Thunder Wyrm

So playing awakened warrior still remains some nice playstyle in pvp part right? You dont feel like "**** archer/mage kick my ***"
Old 01-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #8
KnightOfDarkness
Valakas

KnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of light

Nukers have the most DPS followed by archers, then daggers, then summoners, warriors, enchanters, tanks, healers.

Flip that list around and you're looking at survivability rankings.
healers > tanks > enchanters > warriors > summoners > daggers > archers > nukers.
R.I.P. the best server ever, Lionna
KnightOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #9
Yunalesca
Antharas

Yunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the rough

Let's not forget kamael doombringer-tyr warrior has a big advantage over other tyr warrior races.

You can keep soul barrier as means to counter the m.def "nerf" the overall buffs got, but for that you can't learn giant barrier, but this is a skill used every so often and quite situational..

And your rush impact is the one that you can spam, unlike duelists/titans/tyrant's, this rush will help you greatly vs nukers the most who can teleport a lot now so you can always shorten ur range( due to 0 re-use on ur rush impact) which makes it easier to land most of your damage which is the problem most tyr warriors get, it's to land the most DMG in the shortest time, DBs can do that simply cause they can always enclose in to taarget, no matter what. And you have a shetload of HP to cover your ***.

And you have the final form, also with spamable rush. It gives a ton a status now, but needs to be used when ur CP is low coz of some reason the final form cuts ur max CP in half. On my summoner, from 2k p atk, i go to 10k p atk and now there's no more "BOW use" penalty, the atk speed remais untouched.

Just sayin that if you go kamael tyr warrior you won't be "underpowered" like players claim, that is for sure. But yea, archer is a beast too on crit dmg.
Yunalesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #10
-Nemesis-
Thunder Wyrm

Last 2 answer were great.. especially the last one..
So I have not to change the rush impact skill after 85? So I can use it non stop?
Because I know that rush impact also changes by a new awaken skill...
Old 01-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #11
Yunalesca
Antharas

Yunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the rough

Rush impact can be replaced by "jump" at 87. Being jump a great rush with slow effect and 5 secs re-use, it's great but if you feel confortable with rush impact, i advise to not trade until you are sure this new skill goes with your overall playstyle.

Jump description:
Attacks nearby enemies by jumping at them to reduce their Spd. Damage inflicted on an enemy is proportional to the amount of Force Energy consumed. Power 10,508. For 5 seconds decreases attack speed by 70% on the enemy. Overhit avalible. Critical Hit avalible.

Don't forget Soul Barrier too, if you intend to awaken as tyr warrior, first check your status with soul barrier, see re-use etc, what it offers, at 91 you can exchange it for giant barrier, till then it's an aditional buff other classes don't have (pretty much no other class/race has a buff that increases m def 2x that has few seconds re-use) and quite the good one, against the biggest DD around, feoh wizard.

Last edited by Yunalesca; 01-11-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #12
-Nemesis-
Thunder Wyrm

I see... I prefer having mass non-stop stun rather than slow and 5sec reuse...
Yeap soul barrier is great benefit against mages... But giant barrier dont increase mdef by 2x? Its like a new UD?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #13
tb_
Elpy

tb_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem3s1s View Post
I see... I prefer having mass non-stop stun rather than slow and 5sec reuse...
Yeap soul barrier is great benefit against mages... But giant barrier dont increase mdef by 2x? Its like a new UD?
GL landing stun from RI on awakened char
tb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #14
-Nemesis-
Thunder Wyrm

When time comes, Ill test it of course... I dont mean its 100% Im gonna keep it, just tests before I decide..
Old 01-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #15
Yunalesca
Antharas

Giant barrier is a 10 secs invincible buff with 5 minutes re-use, usable at 20% HP.

Rush impact might have trouble landing but the 10% minimum land chance on debuff still aplies nevertheless.

IMO slow debuff is not so relevant vs mages when it doesn't affect their teleport. And you have higher speed to begin with.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #16
KnightOfDarkness
Valakas

KnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of lightKnightOfDarkness is a glorious beacon of light

If you pick a Tyrr Warrior class, note that you aren't picking the class for sheer damage. NCsoft messed up before giving certain warrior classes the damage capabilities close to that of archers and daggers with the near survivability of a tank with immobilizing skills and either reflects or more defensive capabilities later on. Too much.

Now they are what they are, a balance between offense and defense. Able to take hits but not like a tank, able to deal damage but not like a archer,dagger, wizard. Their perks are interuption and immobilization. Stuns, knockbacks, slows, disarm...

Their power in pvp comes from combos rather than skill spam alternating between immobilizing and damage, much like a Duelist/Grand Khavatari mixing playstyles with a warlord, and those who can't combo their skills well won't do well in pvp.

In mass pvp, for your analogy, you're essentially keeping your enemy in a headlock and kneeing them in the back while your friend smacks them in the head with a bat.

So if you rolled this class expecting to hit like a truck and take one too, you're mighty high my friends.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #17
beleaua
Imperial Warlord

beleaua is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfDarkness View Post
Nukers have the most DPS followed by archers, then daggers, then summoners, warriors, enchanters, tanks, healers.

Flip that list around and you're looking at survivability rankings.
healers > tanks > enchanters > warriors > summoners > daggers > archers > nukers.
lol, look at museum statistics for most DPS, at pve and pvp (on chronos, old server)
in pve, mages > warrior > archer > rogue > enchanter > summoner > tank > healer
in pvp, mages > rogue > warrior > archer > enchanter > summoner > tank healer
so dont lie to people
beleaua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #18
KnightOfDarkness
Valakas

Quote:
Originally Posted by beleaua View Post
lol, look at museum statistics for most DPS, at pve and pvp (on chronos, old server)
in pve, mages > warrior > archer > rogue > enchanter > summoner > tank > healer
in pvp, mages > rogue > warrior > archer > enchanter > summoner > tank healer
so dont lie to people
Considering that for, I don't know, the past 7 years that duelist, GKs and titans had the capability to out damage every class before the whole awakening comcept. It's pretty believable. Then you have the majority of players playing certain classes because of, nukers (fear), rouges (dual blow, mirage, etc.), warriors (reasons explained above) over other classes such as tanks (mostly unnecessary until GOD) and summoners (mostly useless until GOD). Then you might come to a conclusion of why it's like that on Chronos a.k.a. old server. And not the case on Shilen, Magmeld and Bartz.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #19
-Nemesis-
Thunder Wyrm

At the moment I have on Bartz a Berseker lvl 61, followed by a warcryer lvl 61...
So I think Im gonna stick with it till 85+ to test it by myself in pvps...
Hope Im gonna have some fun with warrior and this class dont make me to reroll to archer class..
Old 01-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #20
Kitoshin
Elpy

Kitoshin is an unknown quantity at this point

Being a tyr warrior myself, coming from duelist (having also kept duelist spirit for the +pvp dmg), it's very hard to imagine tyr warrior being as bad as most people think it is.

Sure it's not top dog damage, but that is mainly cause tyr warrior isn't a 1 button class, we TW's have to know what we are doing, or we gonna suck.

Some random parties i had, in SOA as well as harnak 3, I am easily doing 10-13.000 dmg crits NORMAL auto attacking with a spear, so this means hitting atleast 5-6 targets at a time, on a 1.250 aspd rate (with the proper forces), combine that with the fact you can easily achieve 340 crit trough hawk cry, and you got yourself a pretty good damage dealers.

To add to that i am only using a mere +0 requiem stormer, not even apocalypse yet.

In pvp it is indeed about the interrupting and "annoying" of other classes, and let those big spike classes like archer, rogue, feoh's do the main killing damage, but that does not make us useless, far from it.
Kitoshin is offline   Reply With Quote