Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
mixa
Purgatory Shadow

mixa will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Truly Free or Truly Paid?

Okay this is going to be a wall of text, so if you wanna read it sit back and relax.

There have been alot of things that was annoying me since GoD came around and I`m sure many others, I`m not a forum warrior either, but time had come where I want to put my 2 cents (rather not talking about cents lol).

Now where to start off....w/e things will be listed and comented on random-memory basis.

1.Truly free?:
Now this is the biggest joke in the NCSoft's history.While Linage2 was made free of monthly payments, the things got almost BR-like-java-based-lolservers (period).
First of all, its the new revamped Vitality system, that is very good, until you hit 85.Before 85 your vit drops slow enough to have it for a while, but after 85 its a matter of 30-40 min to lose it all the way.Here comes the bad side of the revamped vit system - you cannot replenish it by any other means than buying items for real money.Having VP on is a huge advantage when farming, but you have to PAY for it.Yes they have put limit at items that can be used per week - first 5, now 7.This is totally unfair to the people who cannot pay for vit items, total crap - Truly Free.

Second thing are the XP/SP runes that again you can buy with real money, those give you such a boost that you`ll be struggeling behind the other players if you don't buy one each 7 days.Since GoD the level difference matters so much as it never before, 1 lvl diff makes a huge diff, not to mention more than that.
Again if you cannot buy runes + vit items, you're pretty much screwed and lagging behind the ones who can buy these items.
I can even add up real example of what xp rune+vit items can do.On 88 I can do almost 50% with VP and 50% rune durring normal playtime (lets say 5 hours).Now a player on the same level w/o these items will barely do 10-15% if not less.Now multiply this by 7 (days) - you get the picture.

Here comes the biggest greed-inspired idiotism ever existed on the retail servers of L2 - ever!
A new type of enchant scrolls have been introduced into the game - Destruction enchant scrolls.By it basic means thats not bad if these are uber-rare items, since even if you fail enchanting an item with them it wont crystalize, it wont even revert it enchant value.
But NCSoft decided to put them for REAM MONEY TRADE with the so called Destiniy Pack.

This have crossed the line between balanced buyable items and real disbalance.Players who could afford it bought 20-25 Destiny packs and made +15 weapons with these (or saved them to make +15 ones of higher grade).Having for example +15 apocalypse weapon will boost your dmg so much that you`ll be a monster at both pvp and pve.

I want to see how an NCSoft representative (GM for example) will kill me 1v1 with a +4 wpn while I have +15 one on the same level/skills. or how a char with lets say +3 wpn will kill any other char with +15 one in the olympiad?

So it turns out that NCSoft was SELLING +15 weapons for 1 month - that's trully free and fair right?

Next comes the same issue as the stated above but with Scroll enchant armor of destruction R grade.
Again some players bought destiny packs and made +6 armor sets/jewery easily, on top of that the pack was containing 3 of these scrolls (each pack) + 3 stones that increase your chance of success to enchant an item from +4 to +9.This also makes huge impact in pvp and pve + olympiad.
In other words - NCSoft sold +6 armor sets and jewery for real money.

Next is the "Vitality Unleased" event - it's the first event ever existed that was purely made for players who buy vitality items.A whole 7 days the players who could afford it were buying and using as much as items as they want, that again made a nice gap between people who can afford those and those who cannot.This has once more made the gap bigger and bigger.
Truly free you say? It has already changed to Truly Paid.

So guys/gals welcome to Linage2 - Truly Paid.Fact and Period.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Trancelvania
Elpy

Trancelvania is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Truly Free or Truly Paid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa View Post

Here comes the biggest greed-inspired idiotism ever existed on the retail servers of L2 - ever!
A new type of enchant scrolls have been introduced into the game - Destruction enchant scrolls.By it basic means thats not bad if these are uber-rare items, since even if you fail enchanting an item with them it wont crystalize, it wont even revert it enchant value.
But NCSoft decided to put them for REAM MONEY TRADE with the so called Destiniy Pack.

This have crossed the line between balanced buyable items and real disbalance.Players who could afford it bought 20-25 Destiny packs and made +15 weapons with these (or saved them to make +15 ones of higher grade).Having for example +15 apocalypse weapon will boost your dmg so much that you`ll be a monster at both pvp and pve.
As far as I know you can't buy endless NC Coins... you got a limit and based on that limit you can't really OE your items
Old 03-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
Axio
Tainted Zombie

Axio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Truly Free or Truly Paid?

I do understand that NC needs to sell to have an income but i think a different approach would be better for the players on the server.

In my humble opinion the xp related items should be 5 times cheaper so they become more accessable for many more people and it might even increase the amount of people buying by more then 5 times and in this case better for players and ncsoft.

All the items related to gear etc which makes a character 'stronger' should simply not be sold coz even more then xp difference this imbalances the servers completly.

A suggestion for ncsoft, try to add more accessoires without special function which only can be bought ( CHEAP ) through store and which are not available in game,add special horses, add item change coupons which would change appearance of weapons / armors etc but not the stats.

There are many ways for ncsoft to make $ just try to do it without making people leave coz they feel the game gets even more imbalanced by each store update.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
LethalArcher
Purgatory Shadow

LethalArcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Man, you don't like the rules, you don't play. It's as simple as that. I haven't bought anything so far, cos beside the goggles (which look awesome on female DE with DC heavy ) i haven't seen anything that i actually need. I prefer NC now selling the items for real money, then the way it was before - bot trains everywhere and thus the hero wannabes making the botters rich. +15 weapons don't guarantee win if you don't know how to play your charr. And also with the vitality.. so what happened now with all the ppl with the rush to lvl up. Every1 who's above lvl 90 and wanna spent some time playing outside the CP (just for fun) has to w8 1h to gather ppl. Just notice how much time the party rooms for kartia 90+ stay half empty. The point is .. these l2 store and l2 galleria items actually give chance to everyone to lvl up and gear up, unlike 1 year ago when the top boters were invincible.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
Darma
Dark Knight

Darma is an unknown quantity at this point

Lineage 2 is "Truly pay 2 win" from now on

Dear NCSoft,
Money will end. Ppl won't but items for years, you must know that already.

You might now earn enough money but after a few months when players will leave, the only players that will stay are those who bought enough items but as months will pass, they will left too.

Thanks for giving us a few months to see how GoD is but from now on get ready to experience the consequences.

Last edited by Darma; 03-21-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
DarkWings™
Dark Lord

DarkWings™ is on a distinguished road

well said mixa, but there is nothing you or I can do.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #7
Darma
Dark Knight

I know that there is nothing we can do no but soon they will realize what they've (NCSoft) done

Old 03-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
NiceDwarf
Guardian Archangel

NiceDwarf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darma View Post
Lineage 2 is "Truly pay 2 win" from now on
Agree, it was good before, but now became like those ****ed countless freeshards, just with official server software.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #9
mixa
Purgatory Shadow

mixa will become famous soon enough

As of today NC have put a new Pay2Win items for sale LOL.

Heavenly Pack that contains a Power Shirt that is not available by any other means ingame + special blessed enchant scrolls for it.
Each level of enchant of this shirt gives you basic stats increase, GOOD JOB NC , rly.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #10
SlyCutter
Antharas

SlyCutter has a spectacular aura about themSlyCutter has a spectacular aura about themSlyCutter has a spectacular aura about them

Power Shirt what the hell are the stats... I am not going to buy if I don't know what it does what stats etc.

They post everything but what it does.... How bad of a salesmen are they.

Other Toons: Tryant, AW, Bishop, SE, Prophet, WC, BD, Warlock, WS, BH, WL, SR, Sorceror, SpS.
Wretched OutKasts Clan Leader
Founded May 5th, 2005
Old 03-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #11
Darma
Dark Knight

http://store.lineage2.com/store/deta...tegoryPath=1_7

Old 03-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #12
DrachaVonDrachen
Antharas

DrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to behold

A business (also known as enterprise or firm) is an organization engaged in the trade of goods, services, or both to consumers. Businesses are predominant in capitalist economies, where most of them are privately owned and administered to earn profit to increase the wealth of their owners.

Contrary to the belief of some in this community they are not here to make a fair and happy place for players to game to their heart's content. The bottom line is they will do what is necessary to drive profits.

You only have this game to play because NCSoft wants to make money... that is the reality of this fantasy we play in.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #13
ehab yaseen
Elpy

ehab yaseen is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darma View Post
wtf @@
Old 03-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #14
-RoleModel-
Goblin Lord

-RoleModel- is on a distinguished road

Well i`m glad D3 is gonna be out in 6 weeks.
All i can say is they ****ed up badly with this shirt...what were they even thinking... +2/3 to all stats and a 7 second invincibility skill that WORKS in olympiad...
Old 03-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #15
TTaz
Purgatory Shadow

TTaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrachaVonDrachen View Post
A business (also known as enterprise or firm) is an organization engaged in the trade of goods, services, or both to consumers. Businesses are predominant in capitalist economies, where most of them are privately owned and administered to earn profit to increase the wealth of their owners.

Contrary to the belief of some in this community they are not here to make a fair and happy place for players to game to their heart's content. The bottom line is they will do what is necessary to drive profits.

You only have this game to play because NCSoft wants to make money... that is the reality of this fantasy we play in.
True, but there is a difference between wanting to make profits for short term vs long term.

In this case we have 3 different types that play this game:
A. Player that will pay as much as it takes to win
B. Players that will pay a lil from time to time
C. and free loaders (which I am untill they find a fix for the over pop servers)

If you sell the so called "game killer" items that only type A players are willing to pay that much for, your ending your income stream sooner than later. It won't take long before type B players figure out that end game will end up being type A players and that ends type B players spending money on the game or even playing. And if I would have to guess the type B players makes up for the largest amount of their income over the long run.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #16
marsh12
Banned

marsh12 is an unknown quantity at this point

it's not worth to playing anymore this game... they should wipe the server and remover all those OP stuff from l2store..
Old 03-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #17
Kadden
Purgatory Shadow

Kadden will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh12 View Post
it's not worth to playing anymore this game... they should wipe the server and remover all those OP stuff from l2store..
Server wipes are for Private Servers and will never happen on these servers.

Truly Free or Truly Paid? Neither. But you have to be willing to drop a few bucks to stay in the game PvP-wise.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #18
atarth
Remnant Diabolist

atarth will become famous soon enoughatarth will become famous soon enough

Greedness
Old 03-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #19
Mark of Wrath
Goblin Lord

Mark of Wrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
after 85 its a matter of 30-40 min to lose it all the way.
Its suppose to be 20 hours VP based on GoD features
No good for a casual player

Last edited by Mark of Wrath; 03-21-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #20
Archii
Goblin Lord

Archii is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark of Wrath View Post
Its suppose to be 20 hours VP based on GoD features
No good for a casual player
Why do that when they can sell you Vit replenishing pots as well as Vit maintaining pots?
Closed Thread