Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > General Discussion

Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

View Poll Results: What is the most important changes to economics and items for Goddess of Destruction: Chapter 3?
Elimination of uneven reward supply 253 49.13%
Pausing the supply of Bound items, and the deletion of circulation-blocking elements 207 40.19%
Maintaining stability for asset value 18 3.50%
Other (Please post a reply with a clear explanation.) 37 7.18%
Voters: 515. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Sace
Retired Community Manager

Sace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud of
Question CLOSED: Economy and Items Poll: September 26 - October 3, 2012

Before taking this poll, please read the full details about this topic, question, and answers on the website. Below is a short summary of the same information.

What improvement for Economy and Item Crafting should the dev team focus on?

• This poll aims to choose one area of improvement to focus on.
Option 1: Elimination of Uneven Reward Supply
  • Problem: Areas in game that have low drops (quality or rate) are unpopular, and crafting is too costly to be efficient.
  • Solution: Balance the rewards among the game content areas. Overall revamp of the crafting system.
Option 2: Pausing of the Supply of Bound items and the Deletion of Circulation-Blocking Elements
  • Problem: the Unidentified and Bound item system is too restrictive and does not contribute well to the player economy system.
  • Solution: Gradually eliminate Bound items in the game by increasing the amount of Unbind Scroll and Standard items, and give other rewards for crystallizing.
Option 3: Maintaining Stability for Asset Value
  • Problem: The value of older items deteriorates as new items and new item grades are added.
  • Solution: The addition of new items and new grades in the future will involve careful evaluation and consideration of their relation to the items and value already in the game.

Questions about the poll process itself?
Post them in this thread only.

The 3 most constructive and insightful replies get a reward!

Please remember to only post replies that are your personal feedback about the topic and question at hand. This thread is not the place for inter-player back-and-forth discussions, comments on another person's opinion, or discussion and comments about other topics. If your post is not a direct response to the poll question, don't be surprised if it is removed. All posts must be in English and all forum rules apply.

Last edited by Sace; 09-26-2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: added link for constructive post reward
Old 09-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
Laby
Valakas

Laby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Economy and Items Poll: September 26 - October 3, 2012

I voted for the first option, because the craft mechanics were so fun before Freya's update, where raids started to drop like hell
Old 09-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
Zazie
Heathen Knight

Zazie will become famous soon enoughZazie will become famous soon enough

First vote yeahhh!
Now enough of that, being a dwarf i would obviously choose the crafting/drops route. I believe this one will have the best impact on the servers between both the casuals and the hardcore players. Players just hunting for a few hours a week might not get a lot of whole item drops like the hardcore players, but at least they make a semi decent amount in basic/key mats. A better crafting system is a must too, maybe not as good as it was on God launch, but hopefully something better than we have now.

You could also incorporate option 2 by making all crafts standard/blessed only thus starting to circulate the bound items out.

Yes bots will be making more money since they will be able to farm a lot more mats BUT based off the spam in towns its not like the last drop nerf affected them at all. It just hurt the casual players.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
Goddess of 2ch
Elpy

Goddess of 2ch is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laby View Post
I voted for the first option, because the craft mechanics were so fun before Freya's update, where raids started to drop like hell
Same here. You can buy a complete Top-A grade set with a few millions.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
ShellShock08
Imperial Warlord

ShellShock08 will become famous soon enough

Voted first option because crafting is near useless now. Bound items need tweaked too though, they kill item value and are basically an adena sink without unbind scrolls readily available.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
TheSilentOne
Tainted Zombie

TheSilentOne is on a distinguished road

Although crafting is too costly and required items to craft should be reduced I don't think increasing the drop rate would have a great effect. This would just flood the market and decrease the value of items even further imo, so I would suggest removing the bound set to weapons/armour/jewels. However this will eventually have an effect on the price of items if everyone's items magically became unbound so either way you look at it there is pros and cons but for me the real market killer was the introduction of bound items.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #7
Kimfir
Goblin Lord

Kimfir is on a distinguished road

Voted for the first option
Old 09-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #8
BurnCycle
Purgatory Shadow

BurnCycle will become famous soon enoughBurnCycle will become famous soon enough

I voted "other" option.
In my opinion, the first option should be complemented with the end of unidentified items.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
GrumpyOldTroll
Thunder Wyrm

GrumpyOldTroll is on a distinguished road

The crafting system is currently useless, bound items need to go away.
It shouldn't be that bound items go away without a means to replace the ability to obtain gears so crafting needs to come as bound items go away.

I voted #1 because, imo, the crafting system needs to be useful again.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
werato
Hungry Spirit

werato is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I voted option 2, it would fit as a glove to the 34 class diversification.

Best regards.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #11
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
You could also incorporate option 2 by making all crafts standard/blessed only thus starting to circulate the bound items out.
Voted for first option, and I like this suggestion.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #12
BlackNoxis
Elpy

BlackNoxis is an unknown quantity at this point

I voted for 1 also. The crafting system is a bliss to a mmorpg game, it must not be ignored as the latest upgrades and expansions did.
Remember C1>C3 when a good part of the game was based on Crafting? Did anyone complain about it? No.
Crafting was always a honored feature of this game, and forever will and should be.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #13
desolatorXT
Elpy

desolatorXT is an unknown quantity at this point

I voted for option 2, but i think that option 2 and 1 are both crucial.

I think that one of the great points of lineage 2, was the epicness of each armor set or weapon. Especially during early chronicles they were hard to acquire and that gave them not only high purchase value, but also an epic feeling for wearing them. Bound and inidentified items contributed at loosing this feeling and in addition to this they made crafting an item and gathering materials pretty much useless. One side effect of this fact, is that the dwarven population is so low (except the shops :P).
Excepting that, acquiring an unidentified R grade armor set or weapon is too easy and cheap, which renders investing on S or lower grade items moronic. The whole game experience became a race towards level 85, and all the content of the game until that level is something that players don't value at all. This of course is not a direct consiquence of the introduction of bound and unidentified items, but this part of the game encourages this "behavior".
Some other things that i'd like to mention are:
A) Transition to a 4th class makes your player so much better and overpowered than before, there is a huge gap between a level 84 hawkeye and a leven 85 yul archer regarding their power for example. This fact makes the game a race towards level 85 as i said above and most players ignore previous gameplay experience and items/equipment.
B) There are few R grade armor sets and weapons (considering R95 and R99 are other item grades). Even if crafting is enhanced and reintroduced in the game, everyone would be hunting for the same parts and materials. This also reduces the epic feeling of using these items i mentioned before, since everyone is pretty much wearing the same equipment.
C) Focusing on crafting items (option 1) and reorganizing this part of the game is something i like very much and is something that, i think, should be done no matter what, but bound and inidentified items should be gone as a first step to this direction.
D) One other thing that imho must be changed is the reward system for quests. I believe that the average quest reward considering the average amount of time and effort it takes to complete it is very low (yes i know there are some easy daily quests for example, but they are the exception, not the rule). Acquring materials and items via quests is something that needs to play a bigger role in the game.

Last edited by desolatorXT; 09-26-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #14
Vaermina
Thunder Wyrm

Vaermina is an unknown quantity at this point

I voted for option 1, but crafting needs to be changed to fit the pace of the game, not vice versa. I don't see the introduction of bound items as such a market killer. Personally I've always found it to difficult to craft gear in the game and think that an abundance of low level bound gear is appropriate. Loads of bound immortal is good, because everyone can have gear appropriate for their level. The race to 85 has changed the game, and gear needs to be obtainable so you can race through it. The path is working great for this, but when you lvl up your subs you should be given the chance to work for that vesper set (cause its so pretty) w/o spending more on it than its worth.

The problem I've always found with crafting is you can't gather enough base mats to craft your set before you hit the grade, or often even after. Every player should be able to support themselves and not depend on hours on a dwarf farming mats. Top tier stuff should be obtainable through work, low tier should just come to you. Crafting is fun, was important, should still me important but without a doubt needs to be tweaked. I know they are swinging this game back toward more field based gameplay, but... they need to make sure each character can support themselves. The re-introduction of trading via reworking the crafting system could work great, if it is designed so that each player can gather enough mats to trade evenly for their next set of gear. I've also always thought it was a problem that players had to hunt for their parts off of mobs that they should already be wearing that gear to kill. This supports a pyramid system that isnt really going to work anymore. I'm a big fan of questing and I hope thats an option for obtaining parts. That way you can work toward something and not advance out of the gear you're attempting to get.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
Pamajere
Tainted Zombie

Pamajere is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Economy and Items Poll: September 26 - October 3, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sace View Post
[URL="http://www.lineage2.com/en/news/community/economy-and-items-poll.php"][SIZE=3][B]

What improvement for Economy and Item Crafting should the dev team focus on?

• This poll aims to choose one area of improvement to focus on.
  • Problem: Areas in game that have low drops (quality or rate) are unpopular, and crafting is too costly to be efficient.
  • Solution: Balance the rewards among the game content areas. Overall revamp of the crafting system.
Option 2: Pausing of the Supply of Bound items and the Deletion of Circulation-Blocking Elements
  • Problem: the Unidentified and Bound item system is too restrictive and does not contribute well to the player economy system.
  • Solution: Gradually eliminate Bound items in the game by increasing the amount of Unbind Scroll and Standard items, and give other rewards for crystallizing.
Option 3: Maintaining Stability for Asset Value
  • Problem: The value of older items deteriorates as new items and new item grades are added.
  • Solution: The addition of new items and new grades in the future will involve careful evaluation and consideration of their relation to the items and value already in the game.
Option 1, 2, & 3

You could say L2 has needed a revamp of the crafting system since dynasty gear was added and then vesper and vorpal. Those sets were easier to craft and obtain then B grade armor was but you were punished for failing to +4 an item the same regardless of grade. And balancing the drop rates across the whole game would only expand the areas players could visit giving more diversity to the whole game and market again and give better control to players selling those items while also bringing back the effective necessity of the crafting system which could simply be made to not demand so much to craft items just cut the required mats in half and you've got a start no big dilemma there.

The bound system isn't the problem, but the value is. Either find a way to bring bound items up in operational effectiveness or a really easy fix would be to increase their NPC value which could afford players the mats then to craft the items they do want which ties into revamping the crafting system! See where i'm going with this?

If the dev team thinks that throwing unbind scrolls will fix the problem it has a potential to end badly for the players and possible cause more ridicule towards overall concepts in the game. If L2 adopted a plan like mine purposed here it would even trickle into the very sore subject of bot population! Imagine, players could grind or quest in revamped areas and receive double the mats and bound items alike maybe more, and go to town and either sell them in AH or if its flooded there turn around and cash them in for adena with the NPC stores (the ULTIMATE goal) the adena would then be thrust right back into circulation either for crafting or buying already established gear and such thus reducing adena farmers and money buying sites and their effective viral invasion of L2 and i think this is rather clever because it doesn't go to bots who then sell the money back to the players AGAIN! It gets exchanged into the hands of another player who either put up the item in the AH or directly bought/sold something, this is a rough draft idea of course and i would be happy to be more involved in the details of this concept, it has been a long time coming for Lineage 2 and its supportive and dedicated player base, fan base, and team members.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #16
MortisV
Elpy

MortisV is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I think that although part of the issue was present before GoD, (and this may fall under Option 2) but the Path to Awakening rewards are what hurt the pre-awakening market and ultimately made most of the items currently in game drop in value. Perhaps this is even no longer an issue as there are many awakened characters now in game. And back to the Path of Awakening, if lower end items were supplied through this means it would help the pre-awakened market.

Now monitoring the market and adjusting the supply accordingly (pretty much talking about option 3) sounds good in theory, but also be aware that adding high level items may make the demand for low level items to go down. This would drop the value of such things as there is a bountiful supply that currently exists.

On the note of crafting: I think something that would help crafting in general is to reduce the sell back price of crafting ingredients to npc shops as to make it more worthwhile to both use as crafting ingredients and sell to other players. Of course the supply of such items may have to be adjusted.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #17
jackoline
Elpy

jackoline is an unknown quantity at this point

Since 2 or 3 month ago the drop of hunting Boss and Raid Boss were decrese significatly...

For example: i was 2 moths ago in GOG and get drop from monster, libe stocking, pants, armors..but now no longer.. few days ago i had a full party lvl3 and the result was no drop!! nothing in 2 hours ... The same problems in Fortuna 7 Raid Boss and the drop was only EAR / EWR

So i hope that win this options to equilibrate the drop rates of mobs on instances, Raid, and normal hunting...This way the economics on server maybe grow up!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #18
MorningMist
Tainted Zombie

MorningMist will become famous soon enough

I voted #1 because now a days dwarfs are kindof useless and crafiting is useless so, we need it to get back into the game. Though i think they should tweak the bound items abit more too.. now what really is affecting the economy in the game is the fact that all armor is free (Path awakening) and that's what has really messed eevrything up, in my option, you should take out the path to awakening.... but my vote is for #1

Last edited by MorningMist; 09-26-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #19
unknowndancer
Hungry Spirit

unknowndancer is on a distinguished road

I voted #2 because current Unidentified/Bound Item system is not effective. I think that one of the ways of improvement of Bound/Standard/Blessed items is:
- Bound Items: basic limited stats, a lot of restrictions and item binded to character
You can get them as drop in instance zone/open field zone/different PVP event reward
- Standard Items: current set effects and item stats, no restrictions, tradable(similar to pre-GoD items)
You can get them as drop in open field zone/different PVP event reward and crafting
- Blessed Items: current set effects + additional bonuses(like pre-GoD Rare Item System)
You can get them as different PVP event reward, crafting and upgrading system(similar to Unbind Scrolls)
Old 09-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #20
Deltaq
Hungry Spirit

Deltaq is an unknown quantity at this point

Voted #2.

Crafting is so boring, also it will only make more and more bots farming mats to sell and make adenas/irl money.

So #2 option ftw, it would help a lot new players and lowlevels to get a decent gear with element, so pvps more balanced.

One more thing, you SHOULDN'T nerf RAIDS (talking about the one outside instances) cuz they bring pvp...actually you should boost their drops.

imo you should delete epics as instances and make it like old times, PVPVPVPVP.
Closed Thread