Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #21
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist

Trenshero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best Feoh Wizard ~ After Class Diversification

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfSpoil View Post
I did vote to Archmage right. I'm not Feoh, but I think nowadays the PvP and often the XP too got higher focus on the AOE skills and as we could know from the skill lists, the Archmage is who will be the most powerful AOE wizard.

Soultaker I guess will be the best against Raid Bosses.

Storm Screamer will the best in 1vs1 PvE.

Soulhound will might be the best in 1vs1 PvP.

Mystica Muse will the wizard what will be the balanced one. Through its fast casting speed and reduced skill re-use will use all of its skills very well, but won't be so good as the different specialized wizards in different area of fights.

I think this is the way how all of you should decide, what class stands to closer to your taste, that you like to PvP or PvE or you like to make mass PvP or mass PvE or maybe all of them a little.
The MM looks balanced when you consider it in a vacuum but when you you realize that unless someone awakens before the update their MM will be Light Elf and the StSc will be Dark Elf things look a bit differently.

I still think the Elf Race needs a stat balancing and I think overall the races need to be bought more in line with each other base stat-wise with the differentiation being the actual Racial they acquire when they awaken (like the Crit Dmg for Dark Elves, which Light Elves also lack and that stat comes at a premium in this game for Wizard Classes, currently).
Trenshero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #22
Ellisande
Remnant Diabolist

Ellisande is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenshero View Post
I still think the Elf Race needs a stat balancing and I think overall the races need to be bought more in line with each other base stat-wise with the differentiation being the actual Racial they acquire when they awaken (like the Crit Dmg for Dark Elves, which Light Elves also lack and that stat comes at a premium in this game for Wizard Classes, currently).
I second Trenshero on this.

"If the dinosaurs were really as strong as NCsoft thinks, it's more then a miracle how all of them have died long time ago...."
Ellisande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #23
sercatum
Imperial Warlord

sercatum will become famous soon enoughsercatum will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The MM looks balanced when you consider it in a vacuum but when you you realize that unless someone awakens before the update their MM will be Light Elf and the StSc will be Dark Elf things look a bit differently.
I'm LE from ages and I see 2 simple ways to bring balance to LE vs DE.
1st Remove LE (or DE ) from game
2nd Remove 1999 cast speed cap.
With good reuse, fair critic rate and with cast speed up to 2500, even with relative low dmg I think it would be fair.

But heh we play L2 ruled by NC where for some reasons Korean hates LE from C3 onwards.
For now: or you delete LE or just keep hating yourself playing LE as I do all the time
Moderator1 : I don't care
sercatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #24
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist

Trenshero is on a distinguished road

Spoken like someone who has absolutely no clue why casting speed was capped to begin with.

No, it should remain capped at 1999.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #25
sercatum
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
Spoken like someone who has absolutely no clue why casting speed was capped to begin with.

No, it should remain capped at 1999.
Do you know WHY casting speed is capped at 1999?!
Huh I guess you were working with designers of L2 before 1998
Can you enlighten me?

----
Truth is cast speed 1999 was sky high at C2-C5 when most what you could get was 1300-1500. And that time LE mages were consider as top one even having bad M attack compare other races.
Key was fast cast speed + critic rate.

After introducing 3rd class skills (PoW/CoV etc) when 1999 could be reached MM role become problematic, but still critic rate was advantage to other.

Nowadays I think all classes can get 1999 (if they want) and critic rate from sub class / BS / items makes MM with his low dmg just annoying opponent not deadly enemy.

Ofc instead of removing 1999 cap we could consider mess up with reuse of skills and set reuse 20-30 % shorten on all skills as base for LE... but that could create sea of tears

Last edited by sercatum; 05-13-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #26
beleaua
Imperial Warlord

beleaua is an unknown quantity at this point

if they increase atk speed or cast speed cap the servers will crash more often. that is one reason. on our current servers with cap cast speed or atk speed, bss or ss dont load at every atk/skill when servers are heavy.
beleaua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #27
maxchum
Dark Lord

maxchum is on a distinguished road

What LE could use is higher m.crit rate passives, 'coz right now its laughable, could use at least +50 or 100 m.crit rate. I even changed one of the Lv5 INT legendary dyes to 5 WIT, and still sitting at 291 m.crit rate.
maxchum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #28
MayatheBee
Remnant Diabolist

MayatheBee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxchum View Post
What LE could use is higher m.crit rate passives, 'coz right now its laughable, could use at least +50 or 100 m.crit rate. I even changed one of the Lv5 INT legendary dyes to 5 WIT, and still sitting at 291 m.crit rate.
Not a smart idea bro. WIT does not change much stat wise. There are other ways to increase m.crit damage that are costy, but efficient - valakas/(bless), lilith soul necklase, talisman. Now with lindvior you will have new epics for that too.
MayatheBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #29
Kazake
Hungry Spirit

Kazake is an unknown quantity at this point

I am posting my question here rather than starting a new thread.

I am concerned about which diversified class to choose. It seems that one of the new level 99 xp zones is an aoe party area, and the other a fighter single target area (from lindvior preview site). This being the case, wouldn't an archmage be the prefered class to take to the aoe zone over an Sts or Soultaker? So my concern is that choosing one class over an another may result in not being chosen for some xp parties. Or am I overemphasizing class differences and limitations after the update?
Old 05-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #30
KingBuff
Imperial Warlord

KingBuff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazake View Post
I am posting my question here rather than starting a new thread.

I am concerned about which diversified class to choose. It seems that one of the new level 99 xp zones is an aoe party area, and the other a fighter single target area (from lindvior preview site). This being the case, wouldn't an archmage be the prefered class to take to the aoe zone over an Sts or Soultaker? So my concern is that choosing one class over an another may result in not being chosen for some xp parties. Or am I overemphasizing class differences and limitations after the update?
I am unsure what it takes to aoe the new spot but if it is anything like it is now shadow snare is the main reason for having a nuker in party so tyrr can mow the mobs down. The differences at least for now aren't really that big especially when considering aoe zones. STS will hit harder even on it's aoes so still viable for sure. Archemage well people just love to hate them as they always have.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #31
maxchum
Dark Lord

Took Soul Taker, and never been happier with feoh so far.
Best thing about mages in PvE is devil's curse and Dark Curse both finally landing on bosses, which gives us quite a dps boost. And by "quite" i mean at least 2 times bigger crits, if not more.
Same thing in pvp, both debuffs landed perfectly, alto it was 1 v 1 pvp, not the party one, which would make debuffs less desirable.
Any other feoh's opinions on other specs? Really interested in Storm Screamer.

Last edited by maxchum; 05-29-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #32
Kazake
Hungry Spirit

Quote:
Took Soul Taker, and never been happier with feoh so far.
Best thing about mages in PvE is devil's curse and Dark Curse both finally landing on bosses, which gives us quite a dps boost. And by "quite" i mean at least 2 times bigger crits, if not more.
Same thing in pvp, both debuffs landed perfectly, alto it was 1 v 1 pvp, not the party one, which would make debuffs less desirable.
Any other feoh's opinions on other specs? Really interested in Storm Screamer.
I also chose Soultaker, and so far I am loving the damage. I am going to try StS next week or even this weekend and see the difference in dmg. I've heard the vortex skill isn't landing as much as some would like, but that was only after a few minutes testing with some clannies. I'll check for myself and see what its like.

I want to see if the dmg bonus earned from -80% m.def with the + 7% from wizard mastery (ST) is better than the -30% m.def and + 10-15% m.atk (STS)
Old 05-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #33
KingBuff
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazake View Post
I also chose Soultaker, and so far I am loving the damage. I am going to try StS next week or even this weekend and see the difference in dmg. I've heard the vortex skill isn't landing as much as some would like, but that was only after a few minutes testing with some clannies. I'll check for myself and see what its like.

I want to see if the dmg bonus earned from -80% m.def with the + 7% from wizard mastery (ST) is better than the -30% m.def and + 10-15% m.atk (STS)
Afaik devils curse and gloom don't stack. At least that's based on dps tests people have done on rochand. So 50% debuff on ST or 30% on the others.

edit: to clarify.. they do stack but the effect does not stack.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #34
maxchum
Dark Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuff View Post
Afaik devils curse and gloom don't stack. At least that's based on dps tests people have done on rochand. So 50% debuff on ST or 30% on the others.

edit: to clarify.. they do stack but the effect does not stack.
Well, i just tested stacked damage on lvl 91 iss with 2400 mdef and 60 wind resist.
Damage with Elemental destruction +10 with dark curse were 42-45k crit, and with devils's curse +9 (-9% mdef) and dark curse 67-69k crit. Tried it few times and were getting same results. So i think they actually stack.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:22 AM   #35
Kazake
Hungry Spirit

Quote:
Well, i just tested stacked damage on lvl 91 iss with 2400 mdef and 60 wind resist.
Damage with Elemental destruction +10 with dark curse were 42-45k crit, and with devils's curse +9 (-9% mdef) and dark curse 67-69k crit. Tried it few times and were getting same results. So i think they actually stack.
I have to agree that the %s do stack. Tested on a clannie, tried applying one debuff and then the other, and the m.def dropped on each application.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:55 AM   #36
Yxes
Goblin Lord

Yxes is an unknown quantity at this point

i tested 3 feohs soultaker/soulhound/and sts/ soulhound is by far superior in pvp,

soultaker is good on paper but u physically cant cast that many skills in pvp its too slow... before u use debuff double cast wizard spirit.. you're already dead. i was fighting in coly and i virtually died between the time i clicked on a skill and it finished casting it was terrible(my hp was full and i have +6 set) so just plain ****** me off...

the defense skill for soulhound makes more difference and can outplay sts if u play smart.. sts itself is a paper and if you are attacked and first hit is delivered by enemy you are dead most of the time, however if you are the one attacking you have the upper hand.. same can be said about soultaker if u get to cast 2 debuffs you do immense damage probably one of the biggest in game... but in the real world nobody will let u cast 2 debuffs on them and get away with it... it just takes too **** long and no matter how good your armor you still die in one blink of an eye :/

In pve Soultaker is best the debuffs land 90% of the time and cooldown is very short so it speeds up most instances

So i would say Soultaker best pve and for lvling
Soulhound best pvp
and sts somewhere in between them
Yxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:15 AM   #37
KingBuff
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
Well there you have it what i read was wrong. :-P
Old 05-30-2013, 06:17 AM   #38
sercatum
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxes View Post
i tested 3 feohs soultaker/soulhound/and sts/ soulhound is by far superior in pvp,
(...)
In pve Soultaker is best the debuffs land 90% of the time and cooldown is very short so it speeds up most instances

So i would say Soultaker best pve and for lvling
Soulhound best pvp
and sts somewhere in between them
In short I do agree 100%.
I can add, I tested MysticMuse (as I'm LE from ancient past) and that is now far worse nuker class. Reuse skill in pvp or pve is practically invisible.

Soulhound skill paralize land rate in PvE is superb.
In HF when we were doing 50 quest I could keep around 80% mobs in perma paralize state. In pvp skill was not so good. I did pvp against 99 lvl people maybe one it landed on healer and 2-3 times some melee who jump on me. Reuse of skill is 2.5 sec(?) and it let you to spam it. Soul Barrier is just excellent. With crystal form and + extra skills i feel far more comfortable in pvp but also in pve.

In short I love Soulhound
Old 05-30-2013, 06:43 AM   #39
Jacky
Guardian Archangel

Jacky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sercatum View Post
In short I do agree 100%.
I can add, I tested MysticMuse (as I'm LE from ancient past) and that is now far worse nuker class. Reuse skill in pvp or pve is practically invisible.

Soulhound skill paralize land rate in PvE is superb.
In HF when we were doing 50 quest I could keep around 80% mobs in perma paralize state. In pvp skill was not so good. I did pvp against 99 lvl people maybe one it landed on healer and 2-3 times some melee who jump on me. Reuse of skill is 2.5 sec(?) and it let you to spam it. Soul Barrier is just excellent. With crystal form and + extra skills i feel far more comfortable in pvp but also in pve.

In short I love Soulhound
In most cases soulhound now is good in pvp not so paper anymore , BUT ! Until u meet necro .trust me u will go down FAST VERY FAST . Its like your opposite class vs him u have no chances.
Jacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #40
Laby
Valakas

Laby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of light

My CP Leader went Feoh Soultaker.

Devil Curse + The New Gloom + Mark from Summoner = people dieing like flies.

+1 for Soultaker o/