Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Technical Discussions > General Technical Issues

Login

General Technical Issues Describe your client-side, hardware or software complications. This is not a place to report game bugs.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:09 AM   #1
ralia25
Elpy

ralia25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Error in dual box

hi there,
after the glory days patch arived every time i try to log a dual box i will get either a gameguard error or when i dont i will get an error after i type the password named "Invalid_socket"...(p.s. i found out that after loging in with the 1st acount this error will pop up even if i press invalid informations... and then the "you are loging in" screen will load forever....)
ralia25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:19 AM   #2
The_Mole_763682
Imperial Warlord

The_Mole_763682 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Error in dual box

I had this error when I tried to load both clients at the same time..

Load one and get to the log in screen (or further), before loading up the second client.
it seems that GG locks some files when loading.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
JohnnyBot
Elpy

JohnnyBot is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there,i have the same problem when try open dual box,"error code 610"
i have tried "solutions" from some forums and nothing worked,still cant open dual box..
if u have any idea that can help me,pliz reply.
JohnnyBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
Tiferet1
Octavis

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mole_763682 View Post
I had this error when I tried to load both clients at the same time..

Load one and get to the log in screen (or further), before loading up the second client.
it seems that GG locks some files when loading.
Doesn't work. GG error pops up anyway.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
CryingWar
Elpy

CryingWar is an unknown quantity at this point

Having this problem on any of my pc's and ******* me off!
CryingWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
MythicalInventor
Dark Knight

MythicalInventor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default running more than 1 client on the same computer

As many have complained (after the last maintenance) people trying to multi box were unable to. They were getting GameGuard Errors 1014 or maybe 360 or maybe 620.

I have never modified any of my files and even though people offered fixes I refused since in my way of thinking I did nothing wrong and it must be faulty programming that is causing this from the NC side.

What tech support told me was that this was not their concern.

Last edited by MythicalInventor; 11-01-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: private communication removed
MythicalInventor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
Laby
Valakas

Laby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: running more than 1 client on the same computer

I was used to better answer from the support, something better than "do it yourself we don't care"

Ah Old days without gameguard
Old 11-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #8
DrachaVonDrachen
Antharas

DrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to behold

We can still run multiple L2 clients even after this latest update, I ran three clients simultaneous last night on all my systems with no issues. It is a minor issue isolated to user's implementation. If it was otherwise NCWest would be inundated with thousands upon thousands of complaints from new forum members, this is not the case.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #9
Incheiri
Thunder Wyrm

Incheiri is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laby View Post
I was used to better answer from the support, something better than "do it yourself we don't care"

Ah Old days without gameguard
Hehe, "old days without gameguard"... now we're talking about a loooooonnnnnggggg time ago. I remember the arguments and debate that went on then when they first brought it in. Doom and gloom, the end is here, etc, etc. Other than a couple of hiccups early on, I've never personally had any issues. Not to say it can't be a total pain in the backside for some. I may be one of the lucky ones?

Inch.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
Anna12345
Goblin Lord

Anna12345 is an unknown quantity at this point

its just impossible to play. no use in playing with one box (((
Anna12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #11
pixo
Tainted Zombie

pixo is an unknown quantity at this point

Asks for support ncsoft ask that they go to test your internet.
But what has Haver internet problem with GameGuard is before maintenance on Wednesday opened up to 13 screens with Gameguard.
Perfect, let awaits the master of internet descend from heaven. : D
pixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #12
MythicalInventor
Dark Knight

MythicalInventor is an unknown quantity at this point

I know of some people that quit because GG was introduced. They said that it kept track of their every move on the web. They were really against it.

But i also remember once an ingame GM teleported me to where a certain npc was for a quest i was doing because i couldn't find him.

But that was like a life time ago and that kind of interactuion is long gone.
MythicalInventor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #13
Soarin
Guardian Archangel

Soarin is on a distinguished road

Well if you try long enough and hard enough it randomly don't give any error. I mean you just start client close client star client close client. Till bingo - you box. Consider it one more korean random element in-game.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:28 AM   #14
Kanaeda
Remnant Diabolist

Kanaeda will become famous soon enoughKanaeda will become famous soon enough

Go to Windows Firewall
On the left menu, choose the link "Add a program or a functionality through the Windows Firewall
5 - Choose "Add an other program"
6 - Click on Browse and allow those two files : \Lineage II\system\GameGuard.des and \Lineage II\system\Gameguard\GameMon.des. If the browse windows doesn't display those files, start to write in the box the beginning of the file, Windows should propose you the right file
7 - Before validating with OK after choosing the application, click on "Type of Network emplacement" and choose Private AND Public
8 - Close the control panel, Launch Lineage 2 again and tell me if it does work

With one client already in game, 2nd client opened had error, left it, 3rd client open worked...

We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
Kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:51 AM   #15
Csopi2
Elpy

Csopi2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Open L2 client 1. (dont login)
Open L2 client 2. (dont login)

If all two client running > login.

Enjoy
Csopi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #16
Furunkulus
Purgatory Shadow

Furunkulus is an unknown quantity at this point

My brother also has this same problem, after some days without playing because he can't log in his ISS box, he gave it up, stopped playing and is waiting for a future fix.
Furunkulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #17
Open24Hrs
Elpy

Open24Hrs is an unknown quantity at this point

Open first client and login.

Open second client - will be a gameguard error (update bla bla....) DO NOT CLOSE this client.

Open a 3 client and login will be good. After login u can close the second client (with the gg error).

Enjoy
Open24Hrs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #18
Lestrange
Thunder Wyrm

Lestrange is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought I would share my game guard error solution. I delete my cookies, history, and temp internet files and that usually solves my problems. I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence but it works for me!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #19
WillNaught
Hungry Spirit

WillNaught is an unknown quantity at this point

Well since GoD came out, and the whole NC Launcher(seemed to only allow 1 install location) I was using 2 computers for Dual Box, until my notebook's graphic chip got fried. I still did not know that Launcher could run more than 1 client. It was then that I found this Forum Guide:
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=242807
and I hatched an Idea how to run from 2 different install locations.

First go to C:\Program Files\NCSoft\Lineage II\System\
find L2.bin then copy L2.bin and re-name the copy "L2.exe".
next back out to C:\Program Files\NCSoft\ and copy "Lineage II" folder... re-name Folder to "Lineage 11". Now you can make shortcuts to both copies of L2.exe(C:\Program Files\NCSoft\Lineage II\System\L2.exe and C:\Program Files\NCSoft\Lineage 11\System\L2.exe) re-name shortcuts "L2 Play" and "L2 follow" now you can run Dual-Box... but updating was interesting(can't update both installs from Launcher without doing some temp name changes) I would update default location then close Launcher and wait ~1 min(or open Task manager and close all L2 related processes including PMB.exe)then re-name "Lineage II" folder "L2P" so I could re-name "Lineage 11" folder to "Lineage II" re-run Launcher and update second Location...

now since all the Game Guard errors and stuff about PMB.exe I have learned about Launcher settings and I will try to just change the install path from the Launcher to see if I can update without any temp name changes(Thanks for image DVD)
WillNaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #20
Tiferet1
Octavis

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanaeda View Post
Go to Windows Firewall
On the left menu, choose the link "Add a program or a functionality through the Windows Firewall
5 - Choose "Add an other program"
6 - Click on Browse and allow those two files : \Lineage II\system\GameGuard.des and \Lineage II\system\Gameguard\GameMon.des. If the browse windows doesn't display those files, start to write in the box the beginning of the file, Windows should propose you the right file
7 - Before validating with OK after choosing the application, click on "Type of Network emplacement" and choose Private AND Public
8 - Close the control panel, Launch Lineage 2 again and tell me if it does work
This solution worked like a charm on a Win7 x86 OS.

Am I the only one with that OS to ever have solved the issue with this solution? If not, it could very well be a problem involving the compatibility of the Gameguard update with some systems...