Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 11-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
mvs2
Elpy

mvs2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dagger classes?

I just started playing lineage 2 and I decided to make a dagger class, however, I wanted to ask the opinion of the community in regards to their effectiveness now.

I will typically be solo leveling for the most part and I love PvP ! I've noticed the use of dual daggers now as well?

Any input would be appreciated !
mvs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
Kadden
Purgatory Shadow

Kadden will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dagger classes?

All dagger classes become Othell Rogue after awakening. Dark Elf is generally preferred for their racial skills, but I also read something about Light Elves getting a boost in the next update (research this if you care enough, I'm not 100% sure).

So yeah, Dark Elf is the popular choice. But you should just choose whatever you like 'cause in the end there's not a huge difference.

They're still decent in PvP but there's a lot of people who would go against that. In terms of PVE, you can solo your way to 85 but it'll be easier in group or by Plvl. Afterwards it's dailies n such.

Search forum about Dual Daggers, there's more than enough threads about it if you're interested.

Last edited by Kadden; 11-03-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Kadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
mvs2
Elpy

Thank you for the information. I assume by your PvP comment -- most would disagree that they are decent in PvP? I have always liked the DA and Gladiator, would those classes perhaps be a better option for the PvP world?
Old 11-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Kadden
Purgatory Shadow

Kadden will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs2 View Post
Thank you for the information. I assume by your PvP comment -- most would disagree that they are decent in PvP? I have always liked the DA and Gladiator, would those classes perhaps be a better option for the PvP world?

There's not much PvP before level 85 and Awakening. Even after Awakening you'll want to keep leveling if you really want PvP and not get smashed by higher levels. You're really looking for endgame if you want real PvP.

You're 2nd and 3rd class don't matter as much as your 4th and Awakened class. You should take a look at the Goddess of Destruction classes, pick one, and then from there you can pick a route.

DA and Gladiator Awaken to Sigel Knight and Tyrr Warrior. Both are great classes, but tanks are always needed in groups (sometimes desperately).

And there's no "better" class in PvP, they all have their roles, strengths and weaknesses. It's ultimately your choice on which role you want to play. Check videos if you're still undecided.
Kadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
mvs2
Elpy

Been looking around at some videos and I think I'm between the Othell rogue and the tyrr warrior.

What are some strengths and weaknesses of the two? I noticed leveling my dagger ( its 35 ) It's getting tough to kill things due to missing my mortal blow most of the time. Also mana is becoming a bit of an issue, how does one deal with mana regeneration?

Thanks for the tips guys !
Old 11-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #6
Kratt
Hungry Spirit

Kratt is an unknown quantity at this point

If MP is a problem, hunt in areas were mobs drop herbs. After 85 (on 4th class)
both tyrr and othell use alot of mana, so you have to think before spamming skills. Thats the problem alot of ppl make, they just spam the crap out of skills and ask for rebirth after every 3 minuts. =/

When it comes rolling an othell or tyrr.
As iv heard othel makes more damage with skills. Has halfkill and after 90 is nearly a must in party. Tyrr on the other hand is also very welcome in partys and so. Has armor destruction skill, what is very useful. Has defenetly more p def and is less squishy then othell.
In the end both are melee classes and are fun to play.

Since Tauti update, othell now depends more on DEX for skill criticals.
And for tyrr STR is the main thing people upgrade with dyes.

In pvp part of the game, as iv understand othell is a healers nightmare in mass pvp and tyrr is more of a crowd controller then mass damage dealer. But be aware, in my opinion tyrr sure has some nice tricks in its sleeve.

Weapons: For tyrr a pole is a must. Thats needed for pt exp, and after 86 thats exactly what you need to do, apart from some daily solo quests. Also 2handed-sword or duals come handy for the solo/single target part of the game.

For othell ppl are mostly using dual daggers.

Armor: For tyrr only heavy is something to think on. And othell uses light.

When it comes to atri. weapons, id go for holy simply because mobs in 85+ area dont have that resistance.

I hope my english is not too broken to read. : )

Best wishes,
Kratt
Kratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #7
ForTheLulZ
Elpy

ForTheLulZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Up to this date, any dagger class is the same after awakening. But after the Class Diversification update (search more for this to keep informed), the best mass pvp dagger will be Human, and the 1x1 will be Elf, like it always was before GoD. Dark Elf for PVE.
ForTheLulZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
mvs2
Elpy

Thanks for all the info guys !

So if I go the gladiator route I'll be using a pole arm in party for exp? I hoped to use dual 1hs for PvP and PvE :P I suppose this isn't an option ?
Old 11-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #9
xHaseo
Imperial Warlord

xHaseo is an unknown quantity at this point

for daggers (and i'm dagger) , i can say they're usefull in PvE and in PvP , i mean , in some istances (after lvl 85+) othells are welcome in pts for theyr halfkills , especially at lvls 90+ when you'll need a fast DPS for ends some istances fast (like spezion CB farm and spicula rooms) , they got low p.def and m.def , true , but in the other hand , if u know what to do , most of ur enemy wont even touch ur HPs (feohs are easy kills , but if they start spamming teleports , will be hard to bring them down , but shadow chase (shadow step) is quite fast too with delay , so is all up to you ^^) , in PvP they can fight againts every class,the main problem is skill land rate (lucky or not , u may fail even 3-4 skills in a row , making the pvp quite dangerous). DE daggers are used for their racials , that's true , but for now they're all quite the same , same skills and passive skills , so is all about stats , and from TAUTI , more DEX = more double critical chance , and this make Light elfs quite powerfull ^^ in oly u can beat every1 , but iss and tanks are hard as hell (tank , for sure when using UDs x_x , but as always been like this so...)
About tyrrs...yeah , they're by far more balanced than a othell , and even more powerfull (especially those who use dual swords) , but they're slows with skills and cannot 2-hit you (if they doesn't crit every skill , but kinda rare i guess) , in PvE they can be usefull for theyr multiple-mastery , pole for big groups , duals/2hand sword/fists (but fists are weak) for raids , and they're debuffs (such as armor destruction , usefull for low down mobs/raids p.def)..
Saying so , it's all up to you to choose what's the best for you : speed and powerfull blows , or high resistance and balanced damage?
xHaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #10
mvs2
Elpy

Wow thanks for the info Haseo ! I really like the sounds of the Othell I think I might have to level both the tyrr and othell and see which one I end up picking
Old 11-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #11
Brosh187
Imperial Warlord

Brosh187 will become famous soon enoughBrosh187 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratt View Post
If MP is a problem, hunt in areas were mobs drop herbs. After 85 (on 4th class)
both tyrr and othell use alot of mana, so you have to think before spamming skills. Thats the problem alot of ppl make, they just spam the crap out of skills and ask for rebirth after every 3 minuts. =/

When it comes rolling an othell or tyrr.
As iv heard othel makes more damage with skills. Has halfkill and after 90 is nearly a must in party. Tyrr on the other hand is also very welcome in partys and so. Has armor destruction skill, what is very useful. Has defenetly more p def and is less squishy then othell.
In the end both are melee classes and are fun to play.

Since Tauti update, othell now depends more on DEX for skill criticals.
And for tyrr STR is the main thing people upgrade with dyes.

In pvp part of the game, as iv understand othell is a healers nightmare in mass pvp and tyrr is more of a crowd controller then mass damage dealer. But be aware, in my opinion tyrr sure has some nice tricks in its sleeve.

Weapons: For tyrr a pole is a must. Thats needed for pt exp, and after 86 thats exactly what you need to do, apart from some daily solo quests. Also 2handed-sword or duals come handy for the solo/single target part of the game.

For othell ppl are mostly using dual daggers.

Armor: For tyrr only heavy is something to think on. And othell uses light.

When it comes to atri. weapons, id go for holy simply because mobs in 85+ area dont have that resistance.

I hope my english is not too broken to read. : )

Best wishes,
Kratt
Good post, I agree with alot of it. Weapons are correct, I use a pole for Kartias and group mobs...2h sword with crit for bosses...but I also have my +health and + damage duals for pvp. Kinda expensive, but they're very effective even for 1 at a time mobs...and Tyrr's get a defensive skill when equipped. I have +'d blessed, but not necessary....they're only a part time weapon.