Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > News and Information > News & Announcements

Login

News & Announcements Official information of importance to everyone.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Sace
Retired Community Manager

Sace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Welcome the Aden Prize Wheel!

The Aden Prize Wheel is a fun instant-win mini-game in which you can buy spins for NCoin, spin the wheel, and win big! Every spin is a win and rewards you with useful rewards. In its debut the Aden Prize Wheel will be available for 2 weeks only, from November 21 to December 5, 2012. Based on popularity and success it may return in the future with even better prizes!

Learn how to play the Aden Prize Wheel on our announcement page of the website.

Post what prizes you won in the prize list forum thread.

Have questions or comments? Check the FAQ on the game page, or post them here in this thread.

Last edited by Sace; 11-21-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: URL error correction
Sace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
Laby
Valakas

Laby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Aden Prize Wheel

Looking for full reward list

So far :

Gordon Seal Book
Giant's Energy
Rare Soul Crystal Box
Ancient Dye Lv5 Box
Energy of Destruction
Milk
Elixir for buffs
Blessed Scroll of Escape

+ what is written on the website

What are the chances to win something ? Does the game regulation not require the display of chances to win ?

Last edited by Laby; 11-21-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Laby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
Retri
Imperial Warlord

Retri has a spectacular aura about themRetri has a spectacular aura about them
Default Are you kidding me?

How far is NCSoft going to go to milk ppl out of money?

http://store.lineage2.com/minigames/...?minigameid=25

I have friends playing this, 99 NCoin a spin, and they're getting stuff like 1 buff milk, 1 skill enchant codex, 1 energy of destructon, etc. You display these awesome prizes, like Blessed Anthy and Valaks, but fail to mention the chances to win and the list of junk people usually get.

You guys have really taken it to a new low with this.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
Sace

Sace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aden Prize Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laby View Post
Looking for full reward list
What are the chances to win something ? Does the game regulation not require the display of chances to win ?
A full reward list is not provided, but as players post in the Prizes thread we linked, it may gradually all be revealed. You win an item every time. (Odds of what you'll win are not provided.)
Old 11-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
Hypno
Purgatory Shadow

Hypno is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Welcome the Aden Prize Wheel!

So, ill write a quick rant because thats what sace seems to think my posts are about.. i personally think my opinion is good, but then again dont we all believe our opinions are good.

This game has always been about hard work and dedication to get places. You work hard for yourself and for your clan and in return your clan recognizes this and gives you antharas/valakas this kind of items. What your doing is allowing anybody to basicly purchase them.. for X dollars. This is really getting out of hand and you are slowly going to convince the players who worked so hard over the years that there time spent can instead be bought. Your really starting to push the balance scales for the items that separate the new from the old player basis.

This wheel really had to get your CMO smiling. The players on the other hand probably wont like it that much.. I for one already am spending many dollars on the game per month, and like purchasing a few things to give myself an edge but this is really pushing it. The power shirt was OK looking back at it because the difference between +6 and +10 was almost impossible to make (and I dont think anybody did).. and the difference between them was an additional +1 of each stat and a cs that we still dont know what it did).. what I see happening is the habitual adena buyers are going to spend it a few hundred times and get a sour look on there face when all they have to account for it is a few ewr and perhaps a mastery codex if they are lucky.

Lets pretend for a moment that the rates are the following:

Relatively useless items 98%.
Rarer items 1%
Assortment of extremely rare items.
Baium 0.05%
Antharas 0.01%
blessed Antharas 0.001%

You need to allow the players an ability to earn a coupon through some sort of daily activity that will allow them to spin it once without NCOIN spending at the very least if you ask me. I think you should nix this idea entirely as it will get usage for a few months and will be almost entirely forgotten about eventually.
Hypno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
Wildabeast
Tainted Zombie

Wildabeast is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't mind spending 99 coin here and there. You win something good, great, you win something crap, whatever, only spent a couple hundred.

I do like your idea of them giving us some kind of little quest in game to get some kind of coupon. Maybe once a week you can do the quest or something.
Wildabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
Punky
Purgatory Shadow

Punky will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aden Prize Wheel - Prizes You Won!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sace View Post
Play the Aden Prize Wheel! Every spin is a win and rewards you with useful in-game prizes! Post questions here.

While there are many prizes to be won, both rare and common, only a few are revealed on the game page on the website:
  • Transformation Sealbook: Anakim
  • Blessed Necklace of Valakas
  • Blessed Earring of Antharas
  • Necklace of Valakas
  • Earring of Antharas
  • Ring of Baium
  • Blessed Scroll (R-Grade) Box
  • Enchant Weapon of Destruction (R-Grade) Scroll
What have you won? (Post it below!)
you guys alway post the Good stuff that rarely anyone gets...why dont ya post what the majority of the server is actually going to get so they know what they are getting into b4 hand?

Oh and lets not forget to tell ppl the Prize wheel DONT work with Internet Exploerer . like i just found out

Last edited by Punky; 11-21-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #8
Sace

FYI We've already seen in our logs that some of the top prizes have been won! o.O Hopefully one of those people will post in the prize thread.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #9
chaoticperiod
Goblin Lord

chaoticperiod is an unknown quantity at this point

are you guys really asking to be prosecuted by not disclosing all the prizes and its chances?

this is just another online gambling site, and afaik, not allowed everywhere, did you guys checked all the legal consequences before implementing such idea?
chaoticperiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #10
CursedAngel
Elpy

CursedAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

Elixir of Blessing
Enchant Armor of Destruction (S-grade)

It's better save your money and buy some runes IMHO.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #11
Hypno
Purgatory Shadow

I think they actually have a point.. lol.. By canadian law this is unlawful i believe.. it will be different in every country.. this is a true form of gambling and you have no license. The reason why its a true form of gambling is all they have to do is prove that the items won can be sold for real world money and then cycled back in.. you have a full chain from Money in to Money out.. You have no license.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #12
Sace

To clarify any questions about legal: Remember that with the Aden Prize Wheel you are guaranteed to get a prize in exchange for your NCoin every single time with no exceptions. This could be comparable to purchasing a NCoin box that gives you a random item in exchange, which has already been done in the past (remember the Destruction Box? the list for that was provided for convenience only, not by legal requirement) and was also not a legal issue.

Understandably if you spend 99 NCoin and expect to get, for instance, the Blessed Earring of Antharas, but you get something different instead, you may be upset for a valid reason, but that is part of the game and you do get something useful each time. It is also every player's choice to try their luck.

Last edited by Sace; 11-21-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #13
chaoticperiod
Goblin Lord

chaoticperiod is an unknown quantity at this point

Except for the part that customers have to make a purchase decision completely blind. How can I tell if it's worth taking the risk if I don't even know what are the full prize list?

Not only gambling, it can be considered false advertising since you show a blessed valakas/antharas to mislead people into thinking the risk is worth.
chaoticperiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #14
Hypno
Purgatory Shadow

Ok so lets look at this from a gamblers POV for a second.

I can purchase on line GTC unlimited quantity, lets say I go to offgamers right now and spend 10,000. I get my 800k coins. I then turn around and spin this wheel 80000 times. I likely get a few items worth something. Lets say I get a few blessed antharas/belssed valakas + lots of other items i can sell on the open markets for adena, i then sell the adena back to real world currency. (lots of players are already thinking of this and doing it.. its a well known problem).. This is a pure form of gambling, u dont know your getting anything more out then you put in, but if your lucky you make mega bucks. Yes, you have to break nc terms and conditions to do it, but you can still do it. Do you have a gambling license?
Old 11-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #15
Laby
Valakas

Laby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of light

I think we could all agree that NCWest is here running a lottery game.

I am not aware of all US laws, but can any company or any being create his own lottery ? I thought it was heavily regularized in most of countries. (I am reading this site at the moment, who knows what I will find)
Old 11-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #16
Punky
Purgatory Shadow

Punky will become famous soon enough

as i stated b4 in a post 2 days ago.....if the game takes adena to play and i cant buy NC Coin ( see my thread Denial of NC Coin) how am i suppose to play even if i wanted to, which i wont cuz im tired of feeding the greedy

Last edited by Punky; 11-21-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #17
Sace

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticperiod View Post
Except for the part that customers have to make a purchase decision completely blind. How can I tell if it's worth taking the risk if I don't even know what are the full prize list?

Not only gambling, it can be considered false advertising since you show a blessed valakas/antharas to mislead people into thinking the risk is worth.
Remember we have the prize thread, where we encourage players to post their winnings. This helps the community build the possible list through their own findings.

This is only day 1 of the game, and we will certainly include all the feedback players have posted about the game. Our instructions so far were to not post a full reward list but perhaps that may change in the future. We shall have to wait and see.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #18
socketka
Guardian Archangel

socketka will become famous soon enough

All RB sealbooks are possible.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #19
Laby
Valakas

You can't seriously say that you won't post the list of items because you are expecting the good behalf of players to post what they received.

Well about laws & stuff, as long as what NCWest gives as reward doesn't have any real-life value, It's ok. Since NCWest is doing little about Adena spammers, we may do the link between adena and real life money easily, nope ?
Old 11-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #20
YourBad
Dark Knight

YourBad is an unknown quantity at this point

This is almost as good as crack.

Please, lift my purchase limit ;(
YourBad is offline   Reply With Quote