Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > General Discussion

Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

Old 04-04-2013, 12:52 AM   #1
Gabox
Tainted Zombie

Gabox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default R95 PvP Option (Lindvior)

Wondering if you guys are going to add R95 PvP option also appart of R99.
It would be nice since there are some people that choose Seraph instead of Eternal.
And if you aren't going to add them PvP option it'll be really sad for the peoples who has Blessed SET +6 or weapons R95 overenchanted.
So think about it. A lot of people prefer seraph, I have heard that you are going to add the option only on R99 stuff, think about R95 also!
Regards.
Gabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #2
Dreamer
Beleth's Slave

Dreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: R95 PvP Option (Lindvior)

It is only for R99. And there is no change planed yet. Not even in Korea. So we have to deal with r95 w/o pvp/pve bonus or move on to R99.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draecke View Post
didn't you knew L2 is all about ze dramaz o0
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
Draecke
Antharas

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

R99 armor set bonus for some classes is useless, take the offensive Hvy armor set bonus and compare it to the R95 one.. the seraph set is much much better.. lol VR as part of an end game armor set..
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
ZaergateDevianne
Hungry Spirit

ZaergateDevianne is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
R99 armor set bonus for some classes is useless, take the offensive Hvy armor set bonus and compare it to the R95 one.. the seraph set is much much better.. lol VR as part of an end game armor set..
Though I agree that +6% skill P.Atk is way better than 2% VR, the Dark R99 gives 20% damage reduction and increased p.def and m.def.

I believe that ends up being better. Of course that's assuming that one would have the 49 Dark Stones, and the billions in Crystals, gems, and GE in order to upgrade it.
ZaergateDevianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
Draecke
Antharas

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

the 20% pvp damage reduction is the base PvP option ppl are discussing here

when you look at it purely from a set bonus point of view the offensive R99 Hvy set is just not as good as the R95 one period.

if you could add the same pvp option to R95 then no offensive hvy user would ever go R99..

that was the only point I was making

ps, +6 bless seraph hvy > pvp'd +6 standard R99 on receiving damage..
Old 04-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #6
Yunalesca
Antharas

Yunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
While it sounds good in paper..you don't get an actual 6% increase in dmg..only in skill power, i tested it and the increase is not noticable overall on intense PVP. In 2000 dmg u get an average increase of 30~40 for example. The increase on average skill dmg was around 1.2%.

This armor works better for skill crits pretty much and it's a slight bonus.

Last edited by Yunalesca; 04-04-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Yunalesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
Draecke
Antharas

let's be honest 20% damage reduction isn't going to factor in at any serious mass pvp, it will only matter at small scale pvp like 1vs1 and Oly etc.

anyone that is serious about pvp knows how to spam whp/dhp or w/e hp/mp pots exists to spam making that kind of defensive armors significantly less important then DPS output..

now if the PVP bonus on offensive armors would ADD 20% pvp damage that would be a different matter..
Old 04-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
KingBuff
Imperial Warlord

KingBuff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunalesca View Post
While it sounds good in paper..you don't get an actual 6% increase in dmg..only in skill power, i tested it and the increase is not noticable overall on intense PVP. In 2000 dmg u get an average increase of 30~40 for example. The increase on average skill dmg was around 1.2%.

This armor works better for skill crits pretty much and it's a slight bonus.
This was my thoughts when choosing my armor set.. the very small increase doesn't really factor in pvp. Obviously for a tank the 20% reduction in pvp damage does not matter so any increase in dps will be better but other classes could really benefit from the extra defense as to not become a one shot.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
Zazie
Heathen Knight

Zazie will become famous soon enoughZazie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
let's be honest 20% damage reduction isn't going to factor in at any serious mass pvp, it will only matter at small scale pvp like 1vs1 and Oly etc.

anyone that is serious about pvp knows how to spam whp/dhp or w/e hp/mp pots exists to spam making that kind of defensive armors significantly less important then DPS output..

now if the PVP bonus on offensive armors would ADD 20% pvp damage that would be a different matter..
If 20% damage reduction isn't a factor because people can spam pots. Why would a small boost to Skill P.atk be such a factor.

Like Yuna said, the numbers you actually get are pretty small, and it is also easily potted back.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
Draecke
Antharas

well I prefer anything that boosts DPS over something I don't need aka damage reduction that isn't going to be noticeable but hey to each their own

also the so called little DPS improvement starts to become noticeable when your using + STR Dyes with a +10 or higher oe weapon etc. so yeah ^^

btw I would love to hear which damage dealer class that uses heavy armor actually likes the R99 offensive set bonus..

Last edited by Draecke; 04-05-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: cause I can :P
Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #11
beleaua
Imperial Warlord

beleaua is an unknown quantity at this point

most warriors choose the light set at 99 so who else is getting the attack type 99 heavy, tanks? well, deal it with xD
beleaua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #12
Draecke
Antharas

in Lindvior there will be many classes besides Tank that will be using again Hvy
Old 04-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #13
Ellisande
Remnant Diabolist

Ellisande is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Lineage 2 where pots are all important and hp doesn't mean a thing.

Makes the game sound like a lot like RF Online or Aion.

"If the dinosaurs were really as strong as NCsoft thinks, it's more then a miracle how all of them have died long time ago...."
Ellisande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #14
Draecke
Antharas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellisande View Post
Welcome to Lineage 2 where pots are all important and hp doesn't mean a thing.

Makes the game sound like a lot like RF Online or Aion.
think a lil about the bolded part
Old 04-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #15
Ellisande
Remnant Diabolist

Ellisande is on a distinguished road

Quote:
think a lil about the bolded part
Yeah so NC also runs Aion.

When I played Aion I accused NC of making the game too much like RF Online (which I also played for a bit but the hp pot instead of hp pool thing drove me away within a few weeks because you can't have real pvp if the only determination of victory is who purchased the most hp pots) which drove me away from Aion.

I don't like having to constantly spam consumeables. If I am constantly spamming consumeables and the game was designed around the expectation that I would be constantly spamming consumeables then the game needs to be redesigned so that whatever the constantly spamming pots were providing me is just part of the background game mechanics and the actual consumeables will be removed. The idea that someone is carrying around a million hp pots and constantly chugging them down while fighting is ludicrous and unbelieveable.

I am for the same reason against the idea of heal spamming because mechanistically this would mean that your character is constantly getting cut in half and then instantly healed back to full health. But when a player thinks about how the actual fight would look in real life they think more of a scene out of a movie or animated show where the fight is a contest of will, strength and endurance and not one fighter constantly cutting the other in half while a 3rd party heals them back up (unless you watch Corpse Princess where heal spamming actually is part of the fights and the basis for the entire show).

"If the dinosaurs were really as strong as NCsoft thinks, it's more then a miracle how all of them have died long time ago...."
Ellisande is offline   Reply With Quote