Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > General Discussion

Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

Old 06-11-2013, 02:35 AM   #1
EywaSoul
Elpy

EywaSoul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Summoner DOT Griefing

This whole thing with Summoners using DOTS to get you down to 1 hp while your fighting mobs so you die the mob thing needs to stop. I understand they're doing it to find bots but how about stopping and trying to talk first instead of kill first saying sorry after you die and walking away.
EywaSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:39 AM   #2
Furunkulus
Purgatory Shadow

Furunkulus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Summoner DOT Griefing

Furunkulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:39 AM   #3
Laby
Valakas

Laby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of light

Hope for them to Magic Critical when you are at 1hp
Old 06-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
Yamino
Imperial Warlord

Yamino will become famous soon enoughYamino will become famous soon enough

^ That doesn't always work pony.
Yamino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
Hammerlock
Tainted Zombie

Hammerlock is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry, what is this thread about?

People have been using various ways to get mobs to kill others since day 1. If they're truly just patroling for bots, you can easily remedy that.

Frankly, it doesn't matter why they're doing it. In a PVP game the rules are always the same. If someone attacks you, you have 3 choices: Defend yourself, let them kill you, or run away.

I don't think saying, "Please sir, don't grief me," is one of the options.
Hammerlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
DrachaVonDrachen
Antharas

DrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to behold

They should be cast down with level 7 PK Penalty for griefing!!! There are more Summoners running around doing this than there are Chaotic Characters! Come on care bear players stand up to these hoards and make this a safer place to emote a picnic or pick flowers! No one should be able to even look at you while you KILL mobs in the fields of daisies.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
QugieSmalls
Dark Knight

QugieSmalls has a spectacular aura about themQugieSmalls has a spectacular aura about themQugieSmalls has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by EywaSoul View Post
This whole thing with Summoners using DOTS to get you down to 1 hp while your fighting mobs so you die the mob thing needs to stop. I understand they're doing it to find bots but how about stopping and trying to talk first instead of kill first saying sorry after you die and walking away.

I always talk 2 the person first and if they talk back I leave them alone but 90% they never say anything even after they die because they are bots. even if they do talk I can still tell if you botting I just don't kill them. Unless they a war tag then I kill them even if it was level 1.

97 ISS Hierophant/91 Wynn Spectral Master & 89 ISS Spectral/88 Aeore Shillien
QugieSmalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
Brizan
Hungry Spirit

Brizan is an unknown quantity at this point

The trolls are strong in this lands ^_^
Old 06-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #9
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist

Trenshero is on a distinguished road

Altar of Evil had like 100 dead bots on the gorund. The only toons alive there were live players and bot's boxed Iss Enchanters (they will not set them to rez them, for obvious reasons).

It was a glorious site to see...

At first I thought it was the blood swords, but then why would he leave the enchanters alive? I'm pretty sure it was a summoner marking bots to kill them :-) Nothing else is that efficient. A perma red would have killed the enchanters as well as the DDs...
Old 06-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #10
BlackHoleSun
Elpy

BlackHoleSun is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you under the impression that you haven't been able to DoT to 1 HP forever now? Including DoT's from other classes not only summoners? Is this breaking news to you?
BlackHoleSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:18 AM   #11
DemiGoth
Guardian Archangel

DemiGoth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EywaSoul View Post
Also works perfectly against bots... I've see lots of summoners flag 'players' wait for a response. If none, DOT and let the bot die. So I actually LOVE the skill used in this way.

If you're one of those 24/7 AFK XP-players, then you gotta live with it ot just start to play actually live. Can also tell the summoner to 'cram it' and mostly they're satisfied that you're an actual player and they move to the next (possible) bot...
Old 06-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
InColdBlood
Tainted Zombie

InColdBlood is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenshero View Post
Altar of Evil had like 100 dead bots on the gorund. The only toons alive there were live players and bot's boxed Iss Enchanters (they will not set them to rez them, for obvious reasons).

It was a glorious site to see...

At first I thought it was the blood swords, but then why would he leave the enchanters alive? I'm pretty sure it was a summoner marking bots to kill them :-) Nothing else is that efficient. A perma red would have killed the enchanters as well as the DDs...
Maybe it was the local Raid Boss that someone lured over to kill the bots? (I'm not saying that I've done this, but...)

- Evil laughter -
InColdBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #13
DemiGoth_NONregistered
Elpy

DemiGoth_NONregistered is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by InColdBlood View Post
Maybe it was the local Raid Boss that someone lured over to kill the bots? (I'm not saying that I've done this, but...)

- Evil laughter -
Never did it with that boss, but I've pulled that ToI quest boss more than once to bot parties in ToI. Kinda fun to see them (I pulled 6 or them the other day ) take down everything in their path
DemiGoth_NONregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #14
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist

Trenshero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHoleSun View Post
Are you under the impression that you haven't been able to DoT to 1 HP forever now? Including DoT's from other classes not only summoners? Is this breaking news to you?
One Summoner Mark decreases M.Def/P.Def/Debuff Resist by 30%

Another has a 25% Chance to cause your skills to fail

Another decreases the effects of Heals on you

They are more than just DoTs. They're debuffs as well. Throwing that on someone who is i.e. AoEing a bunch of MOBs can kill them quickly.

Additionally, they have practically no cooldown (by the time you get 4 on, the first has already recycled) and cost almost no mana. They're basically infinitely spammable because one of the DoTs drains more MP than they all cost combined in like 2 seconds.

They have 4 stackable 10 second marks. It's like 1k damage every 0.8 seconds or so with the way damage ticks in this game. In ten seconds you take like 10k+ damage.

It's a completely different stratosphere compared to what other classes (like Feoh Wizards) were doing prior to Lindvior with skills like Death Breath. It's not that they can do it, it's how effectively (and quickly) they can accomplish it that some players have an issue with. With Death Breath, for example, unless you were Hell Binded you often ad time to at least run to a safe spot and/or leash the MOB. These stacked marks deal damage so fast that sometimes they catch you completely off guard and by the time you notice what's going on it can be too late - unless you're very high level (with a high HP/CP pool) with decent gear to nerf MOB damage down a ton.

A Wynn with HP gauges turned on will not kill you with Marks/Mark Crits if they are paying attention.

To the person below you, if the Raid Boss was running around killing bots, there's no logical reason why every bot's boxed Iss Enchanter was still alive. It would have required an agro raid boss that would have killed every and any person within agro range, because bots don't attack raids or raid minions.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #15
Bosephine
Tainted Zombie

Bosephine is an unknown quantity at this point

I've mostly seen this tactic employed when the Summoner is botting up mentees and he comes down to discourage other players/bots from crowding his bot's spot. Those DOT's drain a non-awakens' HP faster than he can kill the mob that's on him. It's over QUICK. ><