Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > News and Information > News & Announcements

Login

News & Announcements Official information of importance to everyone.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
Vali
Community Manager

Vali will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Server Maintenance 7 - 24 - 2013

All game servers will be down for maintenance on Wednesday, July 24th, 2013, at 5am PDT / 7am CDT / 8am EDT / 12pm UTC/GMT. Estimated downtime is approximately 4 hours.

With this maintenance:

UPDATE
  • PvP/PvE Boost: No XP loss upon death for one week. Good hunting!
    • Chaotic characters will still lose XP at death.
  • Olympiad Rankings returns to the game.
  • The Elemental Shirts of the Gods are back on the L2 Store/L2 Galleria for a limited time.
    • More information on the Elemental Shirts will be available after maintenance.
  • Changes/Bug Fixes:
    • Fixed the issue where Pets and Servitors would lose their buffs upon dying or being re-summoned.
    • Improved the loading time of characters and NPCs when first logging in to the game.
    • Now when teleporting to the dimensional server, your name will change to reflect your original server. For ex. if Juji is on Chronos and teleports to the Dimensional Server, his name will change to Juji_15. For reference, the server numbers are as follow:
      • Chronos: World 15
      • Naia: World 16
      • Shilen: World 17
      • Magmeld: World 18
      • Bartz: World 19
    • A new 4th dye slot has been added to your character sheet. This is currently not in use but more information will be revealed at a later date.
    • The Royal Training Camp NPC has been added to all towns. This NPC is currently not in use but more information will be revealed at a later date.
    • An in-game browser for the Path to Awakening has been added. You can access it from the General Menu (Alt-X), under Service->Path to Awakening.
All website login, account management functions, and NCoin purchase functions will be unavailable during this time as well. Estimated downtime for the website is approximately 3 hours.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during tomorrow's maintenance, please feel free to post them here.

Last edited by Vali; 07-25-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Vali is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
n00dles
Heathen Knight

n00dles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Server Maintenance 7 - 24 - 2013

Nothing about the secret bow/crosbow normal attack resist?
Old 07-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
socketka
Guardian Archangel

socketka will become famous soon enough

Fortress passive skills are not working for academics.
If I get fort which add Atk.Spd/Cast.Spd/Spd to lvl1-84 characters in clan, academics won't get it.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
Vincen†
Purgatory Shadow

Vincen† is on a distinguished road

The ncoins that we received for upgrade our accs, they will remain or will disappear ? (was mentioned something about those coins be temporary) if yes, when?

Some news about othells skills? (melee reflect, dodge... )
Old 07-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
StepDeck
Grave Predator

StepDeck is an unknown quantity at this point

wahoo gotta love no XP loss
StepDeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
Vali
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00dles View Post
Nothing about the secret bow/crosbow normal attack resist?
Not according to the patch notes but we'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketka View Post
Fortress passive skills are not working for academics.
If I get fort which add Atk.Spd/Cast.Spd/Spd to lvl1-84 characters in clan, academics won't get it.
Thanks for reporting this, we'll pass it along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincen† View Post
The ncoins that we received for upgrade our accs, they will remain or will disappear ? (was mentioned something about those coins be temporary) if yes, when?

Some news about othells skills? (melee reflect, dodge... )
Yes they are temporary, they expire 30 days from day you received them. As for the second question, not according to the patch notes but we'll look into it.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
Vincen†
Purgatory Shadow

Vincen† is on a distinguished road

Vali, some chance of u guys remove augment fee in a near future event? (with nice time duration).
All towns in dark always, gems price always 30% +, 18kk only for buy gems @.X... augment r99 stuff is hard ;P

btw: http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=258977 some time yet for ncoins expire =P Ty for info

Last edited by Vincen†; 07-23-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Vincen† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #8
n00dles
Heathen Knight

n00dles is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vali View Post
Not according to the patch notes but we'll check it out.
Check what I posted about that issue here please: http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=259407
Old 07-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #9
Vali
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincen† View Post
Vali, some chance of u guys remove augment fee in a near future event? (with nice time duration).
All towns in dark always, gems price always 30% +, 18kk only for buy gems @.X... augment r99 stuff is hard ;P

btw: http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=258977 some time yet for ncoins expire =P Ty for info
Yes we will. Can't say when just yet but yeah it's coming.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
golemka
Banned

golemka is an unknown quantity at this point

yay! im opening a beer right now for you nc!
golemka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
ShadowC
Elpy

ShadowC is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Server Maintenance 7 - 24 - 2013

A problem that has appeared since lindvior update: When my character, one Kamael Tyr Doombringer, wears his weapon master circlet (kamael only), a stick of hair pops put of the acessory just above the characters left eye. Just on the iron the hair pops in and out like it melted a small portion of the helmet and goes in and out.

Can it be added to the list of fix? I'd like to play w/o having it bugged and I like my hair acessory a lot.
ShadowC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #12
Brosh187
Imperial Warlord

Brosh187 will become famous soon enoughBrosh187 will become famous soon enough

Nice fixes this week :-)
Old 07-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #13
MattCauthon
Hungry Spirit

MattCauthon is an unknown quantity at this point

Any further info or an ETA for a fix for the 'stuck at splash screen' issue?

I am getting totally sick of it taking 2 hours or more just to start 3 clients since the lindvior patch went live.

You start the client either through the launcher or through a renamed l2.bin to l2.exe file and invariably the first client fires up then subsequent clients fail at around 99.5% of the time.

If you open task manager, then start a client, you can see if it will fire up in general. When it works the l2 process appears, then the gameguard process appears, then both processes disappear from the list. When it fails, the game process stays in the list using maximum CPU cycles, while only showing a splash screen; the gameguard process never runs and the only option left is to kill the l2 process from the task manager and try all over again.

This has been happening since 29/5/13. For the first week it happened on all clients. After the first scheduled maintenance in Lindvior it seems now to only happen to 2nd and 3rd clients.
MattCauthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #14
Juji
Associate Producer

Juji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowC View Post
A problem that has appeared since lindvior update: When my character, one Kamael Tyr Doombringer, wears his weapon master circlet (kamael only), a stick of hair pops put of the acessory just above the characters left eye. Just on the iron the hair pops in and out like it melted a small portion of the helmet and goes in and out.

Can it be added to the list of fix? I'd like to play w/o having it bugged and I like my hair acessory a lot.
There are many hair accessories that have not been fully updated with hairstyles or faces. I see the hair coming out a little, but it doesn't seem like a bug unless yours is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCauthon View Post
Any further info or an ETA for a fix for the 'stuck at splash screen' issue?

I am getting totally sick of it taking 2 hours or more just to start 3 clients since the lindvior patch went live.

You start the client either through the launcher or through a renamed l2.bin to l2.exe file and invariably the first client fires up then subsequent clients fail at around 99.5% of the time.

If you open task manager, then start a client, you can see if it will fire up in general. When it works the l2 process appears, then the gameguard process appears, then both processes disappear from the list. When it fails, the game process stays in the list using maximum CPU cycles, while only showing a splash screen; the gameguard process never runs and the only option left is to kill the l2 process from the task manager and try all over again.

This has been happening since 29/5/13. For the first week it happened on all clients. After the first scheduled maintenance in Lindvior it seems now to only happen to 2nd and 3rd clients.
Send me your ticket number about the errors you reported trying to launch your client. I will see what is going on.

@Noodles, I have not seen any information about new resists for bow/crossbows. I'll take a look though. I know some mobs like the ones in Pagan's Temple have more than 8 versions with different stats.

@Vincent, will bump the bug request again to see what the status is on the fix with those skills.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:08 AM   #15
LethalArcher
Purgatory Shadow

LethalArcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
All game servers will be down for maintenance on Wednesday, July 24th, 2013, at 5am PDT / 7am CDT / 8am EDT / 12pm UTC/GMT. Estimated downtime is approximately 4 hours.

With this maintenance:
  • PvP/PvE Boost: No XP loss upon death for one week.
Great!
Quote:
    • A new 4th dye slot has been added to your character sheet. This is currently not in use but more information will be revealed at a later date.
I smell new Chaos Dye or however it's called. This should be interesting
I just really hope the last Dye will be related to the class of the player. This will put some diversification in te game
Old 07-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #16
iNoisia
Remnant Diabolist

iNoisia will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalArcher View Post
Great!
I smell new Chaos Dye or however it's called. This should be interesting
I just really hope the last Dye will be related to the class of the player. This will put some diversification in te game
Soon in NC shop :P

Anyway, thank you for info and for summoner fix :P

iNoisia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:44 AM   #17
Malvin
Elpy

Malvin is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys do something about the drops and adenas... leveling up its pointless, if you don't have adenas for armor weapons... fortuna only elcyum powder, other places most like nothing.

I sometimes im happy to lose exp its better since i have no adenas for a good weapon of R95. Change the drop rate, or if it doesen't change, tell us so we can leave the game earlier, its not worth going on and on just for exp, i really dont care for exp even if i stay 95 forever....:S
Old 07-24-2013, 02:21 AM   #18
LethalArcher
Purgatory Shadow

LethalArcher is an unknown quantity at this point

They shouldn't increase the adenas, but the nutjobs that sell the items have to decrease the prices. These are NOT real prices. I mean 4bil for baium, when at the launc of the GoD we bought each of them for 650kk, that's more like it. 4bil for Greater Baium, now that's real. But there;s still too much bot/rmt adena ingame, that needs to be spent in order for us to have normal prices for gear. I still can't coprehend how i'm able to sell octavis/istina shirts for 1.2bils+, when that stupid item drops from every epic istina and octavis, and sometimes even from normal ones. Let alone the fact, that for free you get dual class shirt that has 2/3 of the bonuses of these two. Am i the only one who sees ths as linacy?

Last edited by LethalArcher; 07-24-2013 at 02:26 AM.
LethalArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #19
Malvin
Elpy

Malvin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
They shouldn't increase the adenas, but the nutjobs that sell the items have to decrease the prices. These are NOT real prices. I mean 4bil for baium, when at the launc of the GoD we bought each of them for 650kk, that's more like it. 4bil for Greater Baium, now that's real. But there;s still too much bot/rmt adena ingame, that needs to be spent in order for us to have normal prices for gear. I still can't coprehend how i'm able to sell octavis/istina shirts for 1.2bils+, when that stupid item drops from every epic istina and octavis, and sometimes even from normal ones. Let alone the fact, that for free you get dual class shirt that has 2/3 of the bonuses of these two. Am i the only one who sees ths as linacy?
im not telling increase adenas, just increase dhe rate of drops, i dont need elcyum or whatever....... make the rate as it was before and we will all be happy, i have like 1 or more months and my adenas just drops and drops.... anyway if they do ok, if they dont ok...:S
Old 07-24-2013, 02:49 AM   #20
Dwarfer
Goblin Lord

Dwarfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
This ++. This is the point where we are now.

Everyone is thinking, onoes, me don't get enough adena from drops, so I will sell my other stuff for +++billions..
How can you sell, if no one has adena to buy them (except RMT and botters). Prices will need to, and surely will drop, because people soon will have lots of stuff to sell, but can't sell it.

I know people say that this whole Lindvior system messes up economy big time, because it did so in Korea (so I've heard).

Personally I think we were just spoiled on GoD. People think they have to have full R95 equipment the second they ding 95, same on 99. If that's not possible, people complain.
This was never the case before (I know old days bla bla). It's just, people think it's unfair, because players who dinged 95 or 99 before Lindvior, had their equipment ready and the new players don't and probably can't.
It just needs to get into peoples system that the main supply of equipment won't come from full drops anymore, but needs to go by the crafting system.
To craft, people are forced to go into the wild instead of instances, which don't drop mats.

This takes time, and hopefully people will stay on the servers to overcome this period.

For people who say they don't have cash for soulshots, create a low level and farm Zaken. It's a 15 min raid max. and theres a chance (hasn't decreased since Lindvior I think) to get some items which can be sold for a few mil at least. For example if you drop 1 Vesper Earring = 4mil.
Also do the quest in Mithrill mines, it doesn't even take 10min and you get 1 mil.
SSR @ Magmeld ~200a / pc. = 5000 SSR a day.
BSSR @ Magmeld ~930a / pc. = 1075 BSSR a day.
Dwarfer is offline   Reply With Quote