Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > News and Information > News & Announcements

Login

News & Announcements Official information of importance to everyone.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
Vali
Community Manager

Vali will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Server Maintenance 8 - 7 - 2013

All game servers will be down for maintenance on Wednesday, August 7th, 2013, at 5am PDT / 7am CDT / 8am EDT / 12pm UTC/GMT. Estimated downtime is approximately 4 hours.

With this maintenance:
  • The 300% Vitality event continues until August 14th.
    • This bonus XP stacks with the Erupting Vitality Potion exclusively available from the Prestige Pack (+100% bonus XP for 1 hour).
  • Elemental Shirts of the Gods will be gone from the L2 Store after maintenance.
  • Those that enchanted Elemental Shirts to +7 and above will be rewarded during maintenance.
    • Rewards can be found in your character warehouse. If your character warehouse is full then remove an item from it and your reward will show up.
    • To qualify for the rewards, you need to have a shirt with the corresponding enchantment level at the time the promotion ends (August 7th at 5am PST).
  • Bug fixes:
    • Fixed incorrect animation of the Kartia’s Labyrinth NPCs.
    • Fixed various issues with the Dimensional Server:
      • Unable to connect properly.
      • Unable to whisper.
      • Unable to invite to party.
      • And more.
All website login, account management functions, and NCoin purchase functions will be unavailable during this time as well. Estimated downtime for the website is approximately 3 hours.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during tomorrow's maintenance, please feel free to post them here.

Last edited by Vali; 08-06-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Vali is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
OrochiGirl
Purgatory Shadow

OrochiGirl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Server Maintenance 8 - 7 - 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vali View Post
Quote:
To qualify for the rewards, you need to have a shirt with the corresponding enchantment level at the time the promotion ends (August 7th at 9am PST).
How is that possible if the maintenance begins BEFORE that deadline?
Old 08-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
Vali
Community Manager

Vali will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrochiGirl View Post
How is that possible if the maintenance begins BEFORE that deadline?
Time travel mostly. But no, the promotion ends at the start of tomorrow's maintenance.
Vali is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
Nostro
Grave Predator

Nostro is on a distinguished road

Glad to see you are chipping away at the list of known issues! When do known issues just become known Game Play? One month? Two months? When we forget the game ever worked properly?

The following are some of the major issues that have been reported for the Lindvior update.

Current Known Issues:
  • Kartia NPCs are displaying abnormal behavior.
  • A bug may occur where the bottom-right menu will move to the center of the screen. If you use the Reset Window command, it will revert back to its original location. (Reset Window function is not working with this bug)
  • Path to Awakening in-game browser shows a 404 page when accessed for the first time.
  • Tooltip information is cut off for the Exploration Packs in the L2 Store.
  • Issues with buying/selling items in the Auction House.
  • NPCs falling through the world in Gludio, Ancient City of Arcan, and Cruma Tower.
  • Clan war system not working correctly. Clan wars still overriding siege rules.
  • Lucky Enchant Stones no longer functioning correctly when used with a Blessed Enchant Scroll.
  • After teleporting or moving to a new zone, the menu interface will become transparent. To get rid of the transparent interface, you have to restart the client.
  • Icons on the bottom-right menu sometimes will turn into solid orange colors. This can be temporarily fixed by mousing over each icon.
  • Fairy of Life Cubic cancels out the Knight Cubic when you have 3 cubics out.
  • Resurrection pop-up message does not display the amount/percentage of XP lost.
  • The Replay feature is not working correctly. You can record a replay video, but when you attempt to replay it from the login screen, all you get is the initial frame and nothing else. The only way to get out of replay at this point is to either click the red x button at the top of the screen (if in windowed mode) or you have to end task the client via the task manager. You cannot delete the replay file from the client either.
  • Toma's Living Guide is automatically given to characters. This item is for the Korean version only.
  • Ron's Authority Skill (M. Def +20% for 10 seconds) from equipping Ron's Dual Blunts does not work.
  • BOTS EVERYWHERE UNCHECKED CLUTTERING UP THE SERVER!
  • Localization issues:
    • The Beauty Shop Ticket has the incorrect item name in the Beauty Shop.
    • Chat restriction messages for shout and trade are incorrect.
    • Incorrect skill descriptions for Sniper Stance, Dead Eye Stance, Primal Rage, and Elemental Burst (Storm Screamer/Mystic Muse).
    • Melee Reflect (Othell Ghost Hunter) skill description does not mention that it can only reflect melee skill attacks.
    • Some new recipes have the wrong create levels and title information.
    • Mysterious Blessed Spiritshots from the L2 Store show up as Mysterious Spiritshots. There is no change in the effect/damage, just an issue with the item name.
What is a "known issue"?
It's a bug that has been officially verified and acknowledged by NCSOFT staff. This means that is has been officially reported as a bug and we are already investigating the matter and will likely be requesting a fix for it. Different known issues may have different parameters for investigation and bug-fix requesting. This list only reflects issues that are happening in-game. For technical issues, please contact tech support immediately.

Last edited by Nostro; 08-06-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Nostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
Vincen†
Purgatory Shadow

Vincen† is on a distinguished road

WTB a reward for shirts +6
Old 08-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
DrachaVonDrachen
Antharas

DrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostro View Post
Glad to see you are chipping away at the list of known issues! When do known issues just become known Game Play? One month? Two months? When we forget the game ever worked properly?

The following are some of the major issues that have been reported for the Lindvior update.

Current Known Issues:
  • Kartia NPCs are displaying abnormal behavior.
  • A bug may occur where the bottom-right menu will move to the center of the screen. If you use the Reset Window command, it will revert back to its original location. (Reset Window function is not working with this bug)
  • Path to Awakening in-game browser shows a 404 page when accessed for the first time.
  • Tooltip information is cut off for the Exploration Packs in the L2 Store.
  • Issues with buying/selling items in the Auction House.
  • NPCs falling through the world in Gludio, Ancient City of Arcan, and Cruma Tower.
  • Clan war system not working correctly. Clan wars still overriding siege rules.
  • Lucky Enchant Stones no longer functioning correctly when used with a Blessed Enchant Scroll.
  • After teleporting or moving to a new zone, the menu interface will become transparent. To get rid of the transparent interface, you have to restart the client.
  • Icons on the bottom-right menu sometimes will turn into solid orange colors. This can be temporarily fixed by mousing over each icon.
  • Fairy of Life Cubic cancels out the Knight Cubic when you have 3 cubics out.
  • Resurrection pop-up message does not display the amount/percentage of XP lost.
  • The Replay feature is not working correctly. You can record a replay video, but when you attempt to replay it from the login screen, all you get is the initial frame and nothing else. The only way to get out of replay at this point is to either click the red x button at the top of the screen (if in windowed mode) or you have to end task the client via the task manager. You cannot delete the replay file from the client either.
  • Toma's Living Guide is automatically given to characters. This item is for the Korean version only.
  • Ron's Authority Skill (M. Def +20% for 10 seconds) from equipping Ron's Dual Blunts does not work.
  • BOTS EVERYWHERE UNCHECKED CLUTTERING UP THE SERVER!
  • Localization issues:
    • The Beauty Shop Ticket has the incorrect item name in the Beauty Shop.
    • Chat restriction messages for shout and trade are incorrect.
    • Incorrect skill descriptions for Sniper Stance, Dead Eye Stance, Primal Rage, and Elemental Burst (Storm Screamer/Mystic Muse).
    • Melee Reflect (Othell Ghost Hunter) skill description does not mention that it can only reflect melee skill attacks.
    • Some new recipes have the wrong create levels and title information.
    • Mysterious Blessed Spiritshots from the L2 Store show up as Mysterious Spiritshots. There is no change in the effect/damage, just an issue with the item name.
What is a "known issue"?
It's a bug that has been officially verified and acknowledged by NCSOFT staff. This means that is has been officially reported as a bug and we are already investigating the matter and will likely be requesting a fix for it. Different known issues may have different parameters for investigation and bug-fix requesting. This list only reflects issues that are happening in-game. For technical issues, please contact tech support immediately.
Looks like you are trying to sneak an extra known issue in... like they wouldn't catch your trickery, the staff is top notch and can't be fooled so easily.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
Stefa
Dark Lord

Stefa is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Server Maintenance 8 - 7 - 2013

Any info about Royal Training Camp NPC?
Aaand that 4th slot for dyes?
Old 08-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #8
Yidao
Remnant Diabolist

Yidao is a jewel in the roughYidao is a jewel in the roughYidao is a jewel in the roughYidao is a jewel in the rough

http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic....tart=10#p22458
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic....=1105&start=20

Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #9
Brightneon
Tainted Zombie

Brightneon is an unknown quantity at this point

Seven Signs Part 4 quest is annoying and confusing. It states male guards are only ones who can see you if you too close, yet the L path connecting rooms 2 and 3 have male guards and they in such proxity and speed of movement as well as narrow corridor, they see you almost all the time. Plus the instance has timed out on me so many times. This mission seems overboard on number of guards, length of path, difficulty on getting past guards as well as lag making it almost luck not skill to get to room three. I been to room three ten times and either timed out when get to room or crash when pass it. Yet support will not help, will not credit mission when I made it to end. I see not point in wasting seven days AGAIN. I submited petition after crashes, all I got is told install crash monitor. Submited support about quest, told since they are not the devs, pretty much tough luck. I see no point in this futile mission, the mission is you are disguised as guard and have entry card, rest should be easy walk around, not 16 seperate challanged guards (on average) in three rooms with 2 reset points either each point futher to get to. Plus instance timer. All this for only 10m xp. Seems to be a time waster mission with few succeeding and those who do, the videos i seen don't match guard movement I have incured. I walked behind using disguise and male guard saw me at long distance while facing away from me. REcord video pointless and is causing crashes. Why can't you fix the lag issue and the buggyness of guards, plus take out so of the guards, too many, should just be simple walk through for only 10m xp. Too difficult a mission. Plus why can't you credit quests if they fail due to bugs. Why do you make some mission imposbile? I don't have reflexs of a 16 year old on red bull or the memory of a elephant or patience to redo mission over and over while clock runs down on time limited items. Why have petition on quest if either get ignored and later when ask support they say no coupl;e days later. I finished it, but crashed, tried 10 more times and couldn't repeat my previous success. Took too long do first couple dozen times.
Brightneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:56 AM   #10
DumpHimOnProm
Tainted Zombie

DumpHimOnProm is an unknown quantity at this point

this is insane. "prizes" you call them? why don't u just put all epics and talismans in l2 store for 200usd or whatever you needed to make shirt +10... isn't it the absolutely same? this game is getting more and more pay to win. and you have policies against bots and rmt. what a joke. what is this then? this is ok only because is going to your own pocket.

this is disgusting, i'm sorry. you have turned into a bot/rmt service website yourselves and you are destroying l2.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:59 AM   #11
Lethalianna
Banned

Lethalianna is on a distinguished road

One question. How do you manage to get so bugged files from a game that was out in Korea for a year and supposed to have cleared out all bugs?
Do you take it piece by piece following the patching path of Koreans?
And something else i mentioned the other time and got no reply but i assume i won't get any this time also (at least from GMs maybe i will get from forum trolls of my signature). You did a Database clean up a couple of months ago with reason of shorter maintenance downtimes and more names available.
Downtime is still 4h (and from time to time longer) and names are not available!
Lethalianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:08 AM   #12
iNoisia
Imperial Warlord

iNoisia will become famous soon enough

Another important maintenance. BTW i still wait for "shorter time of main because of database cleanup".
Old 08-07-2013, 04:25 AM   #13
Terje
Goblin Lord

Terje is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNoisia View Post
Another important maintenance. BTW i still wait for "shorter time of main because of database cleanup".
important? hope it was sarkasm...are u fakin kidding me with these rewards of OE shirts?
Old 08-07-2013, 04:29 AM   #14
iNoisia
Imperial Warlord

iNoisia will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terje View Post
important? hope it was sarkasm...are u fakin kidding me with these rewards of OE shirts?
yes sweety, it was sarcasm
Old 08-07-2013, 05:05 AM   #15
Kamoflash
Goblin Lord

Kamoflash is an unknown quantity at this point

Would be very interesting to hear some numbers about rewards for shiRt enachants being handed out. Guess wont be too hard to count how many longings etc have been handed out since epics are handled by tickets and therefore manually. Just for the jealousy
Kamoflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:22 AM   #16
xHaseo
Heathen Knight

xHaseo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostro View Post
BOTS EVERYWHERE UNCHECKED CLUTTERING UP THE SERVER!
Funny boy , probably you haven't read what someone wrote sometimes ago ^^
Just pay 5-10 euros monthly on ur bots and they will never get ban, this remind me of a song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8BRbM52gpc

Finally with this epic rewards we're gonna see lots of earth wyrms all around the server thanks to all the 500 euro wasters per month , ncwest , you're so smart. <3
Old 08-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #17
golemka
Banned

golemka is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
hello abusers , i wanted to buy blessed antharas for 2000 euros but i feel that it will be much more cheaper , THANKS
golemka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #18
ViaAgnis
Thunder Wyrm

ViaAgnis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHaseo View Post
Funny boy , probably you haven't read what someone wrote sometimes ago ^^
Just pay 5-10 euros monthly on ur bots and they will never get ban, this remind me of a song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8BRbM52gpc

Finally with this epic rewards we're gonna see lots of earth wyrms all around the server thanks to all the 500 euro wasters per month , ncwest , you're so smart. <3
You actually believe there will be that many epics? Well if there are any +10 shirt makers this time around I would guess they will take lindvior earring just to sell and buy other epics. But since it takes 10.000 enchants to go to +10, well I woudnt worry that much.

On the other hand can't wait to see AH flooded with scroll's of blessing

Last edited by ViaAgnis; 08-07-2013 at 08:04 AM.
ViaAgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #19
Deku
Grave Predator

Deku is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
All game servers will be down for maintenance on Wednesday, August 7th, 2013, at 5am PDT / 7am CDT / 8am EDT / 12pm UTC/GMT. Estimated downtime is approximately 4 hours.

With this maintenance:
  • The 300% Vitality event continues until August 14th.
    • This bonus XP stacks with the Erupting Vitality Potion exclusively available from the Prestige Pack (+100% bonus XP for 1 hour).
  • Elemental Shirts of the Gods will be gone from the L2 Store after maintenance.
  • Those that enchanted Elemental Shirts to +7 and above will be rewarded during maintenance.
    • Rewards can be found in your character warehouse. If your character warehouse is full then remove an item from it and your reward will show up.
    • To qualify for the rewards, you need to have a shirt with the corresponding enchantment level at the time the promotion ends (August 7th at 5am PST).
  • Bug fixes:
    • Fixed incorrect animation of the Kartia’s Labyrinth NPCs.
    • Fixed various issues with the Dimensional Server:
      • Unable to connect properly.
      • Unable to whisper.
      • Unable to invite to party.
      • And more.
All website login, account management functions, and NCoin purchase functions will be unavailable during this time as well. Estimated downtime for the website is approximately 3 hours.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during tomorrow's maintenance, please feel free to post them here.
more? what more? :P
Deku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #20
FuriousTyrr
Elpy

FuriousTyrr is an unknown quantity at this point

Most events like is for people that it subsidizes server. Will there be an event for players that do not subsidize server?
For some people, the game does not rely on financing server and getting some great quest items where then upgrade it in the next event of course for money: P

Comparable with bots - offending software you use (bot) - you have everything / you pay - you have everything

Last edited by FuriousTyrr; 08-07-2013 at 10:41 AM.
FuriousTyrr is offline   Reply With Quote