Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > News and Information > News & Announcements

Login

News & Announcements Official information of importance to everyone.

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
Vali
Community Manager

Vali will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb High Latency Feedback Required

Hey folks,

We aware that some of you have been experiencing high latency in the past 2-3 weeks. We are looking into the matter but we need more information which means we need your help.

We need you to submit the corresponding PC and connectivity information to our Tech Support so they may find where the problem is coming from. To gain the necessary information to investigate your issue, you'll have to run our Game Advisor application. The Game Advisor will provide Tech Support with helpful information about your system and Internet connection.

If you are using a router, hub, or switch, please disconnect this device and connect directly to your modem before running this utility. You may have to reboot your modem and/or computer to reestablish your Internet connection. If this isn't possible due to your network setup, please run Game Advisor with the router connected as the information will still be useful.

To run Game Advisor, please perform the following steps:

1. To download the Game Advisor, go here: http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor

2. When prompted, save the file to your Windows "desktop" so that you can access it easily. Please save the file before running it - running from the website can cause file issues.

3. Double-click on the Game Advisor file and then click on the icon of the game you're experiencing an issue with.

4. Click on the "Test Computer and Connection" button and please wait a few minutes while the process completes.

5. Once the process completes, a "Test Result" window will come up. This window will provide you with a link to update your ticket as well as tell you where the diagnostic report is saved. You can also view the report file.

Please attach the report file to your support ticket. If you need assistance attaching a report to the ticket please follow the instructions in the following Knowledge Base article:

Title: Attaching a File
Answer Link: http://help.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/ncsof...p?p_faqid=5887

Once Tech Support receives this information, they'll have a better idea of how to resolve your issue.

Thanks.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
Blackh4nd
Tainted Zombie

Blackh4nd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: High Latency Feedback Required

So you're positing that the issue is with the backbone and not due to the overwhelming swarms of bots currently infesting every zone of the map? Interesting theory. Akin to panning for gold in one's bath tub, but interesting none the less.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
Retri
Imperial Warlord

Retri has a spectacular aura about themRetri has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackh4nd View Post
So you're positing that the issue is with the backbone and not due to the overwhelming swarms of bots currently infesting every zone of the map? Interesting theory. Akin to panning for gold in one's bath tub, but interesting none the less.
LMAO dude, one of the best replies I've seen on here in years.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
Inv
Tainted Zombie

Inv is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The L2 game servers are designed to handle a number of characters without lag. A log-in number cap exists to stop a server from getting too full. L2 has had bots since day one and the game has experienced non-lag days being at capacity a number of times.

So no, bots are not the result of the lag. The game servers should be able to handle all allowed connections, this same issue happened and was resolved a couple months ago.

Additionally the way Vali says "Some of you" it makes it sound like this lag problem is less of an issue than it is. Maybe only some few have reported the problem, but myself as well as anyone I've asked is experiencing massive lag on L2.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
DorfyDorf
Goblin Lord

DorfyDorf is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Obviously, this got nothing to do with the bots.
But i do agree that there's simply too many bots.

Yes Vali. Many players from different country are facing 1-2sec lag.
Been having this lag for past 5 days. This is surely a network issue you need to look at.

Last edited by DorfyDorf; 08-20-2013 at 04:33 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:13 AM   #6
Tyronica
Elpy

Tyronica is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not sure I have experienced this 1-2sec lag, unless it is the half a minute lag where soulshots stop activating. I can still move freely and kill stuff. Everyone I am talking to have experienced the soulshot lag and usually at the same time which brings me to believe the itemserver-hamster need to LFM.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:53 AM   #7
Jami
Dark Lord

Jami is an unknown quantity at this point

With all due respect to what i am sure not always a easy job:

Want to fix lag, log in on a non-gm toon and go look around at your leveling spots (EG,Normils,GOG and the like) and tell me what you see. If that isnt obvious enough to clearly define why things are so crappy lately, then it just isnt worth posting any other data for you. Dont matter that the maximum numbers on any server makes a difference so much as all the posts for years telling you that those who chose to cheat lag normal users. 2 and 2 is 4 and 1 and 1 is 2.

Pretty soon some servers wont even have live players and ppl wonder why?

Want a new idea for an event? Make a Wack-A-Bot event and lets just see how all that goes down? Anyone who has played the game for more than a day can pick out bots without being wrong.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:44 AM   #8
happen
Goblin Lord

happen is on a distinguished road

I got the lag for 3 weeks now. It's gone with maintenance and is getting worse with every day until next maintenance. Then it starts again. That's my experience at least.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:54 AM   #9
Nautica
Grave Predator

Nautica is an unknown quantity at this point

i had no lag issues (no anti lag programs here) i ran that gameadvisor anyway and it went good no problems on my side like expected
but anyway even if it is the wrong topic im more interested into a soulshot lag fix
Old 08-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #10
ZoeSS
Elpy

ZoeSS is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by happen View Post
I got the lag for 3 weeks now. It's gone with maintenance and is getting worse with every day until next maintenance. Then it starts again. That's my experience at least.
Same issue, it gets worse over time after maintenance and then also you have issues like NPC's crashing and so on. That's what makes me think it's a server issue. Also the soul shots turning off for a time for no reason then working again. An easy way to test this would be to just do a controlled reboot of the servers and see if this makes the lag go away for everyone again for a few days.

Other reasons I think its the server is my latency to the server stays the same the whole week if I ping into the last hop I can before it hits their firewall. There could be something beyond that but that game advisor thing showed all my ping times 65ms or lower. If I run ping plotter to those same IPS it stays steady with no packet loss or fluctuations that would say its a backbone issue.

Last edited by ZoeSS; 08-20-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #11
Crawlerin
Antharas

Crawlerin will become famous soon enough

Yes I can confirm, I had no problems running game. Aside from some hick-ups and occasional delays (expected if it is going across half the globe) it was smooth. But past 3 weeks things escalate around Monday evening and Tuesday and Wednesday before maintenance game is almost unplayable. Yesterday's campaign was terribad, that's where you request lots of NPCs and responses from them took literally seconds, targets were constantly being switched etc. Makes it harder for me during normal gameplay as I am healer. Switching over to RFC 5984 Extra-Sensory Perception packet transport (it can predict packets before they are even sent) helps but is not always feasible as this protocol is not widespread over internet yet and requires insane amount of resources on client side.

J/K with last statement of course.

I will submit ticket with requested information.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #12
Darkfulgore
Dark Knight

Darkfulgore is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: High Latency Feedback Required

All real players need leave game,alone for boters are better,they dont have lag,problem with bug,dont cry about nccoins and others

I dont have lag now, alt + x exit and waiting for ncwest solve the problem with your bots friends
Old 08-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #13
ihatescripts
Tainted Zombie

ihatescripts is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inv View Post
The L2 game servers are designed to handle a number of characters without lag. A log-in number cap exists to stop a server from getting too full. L2 has had bots since day one and the game has experienced non-lag days being at capacity a number of times.

So no, bots are not the result of the lag. The game servers should be able to handle all allowed connections, this same issue happened and was resolved a couple months ago.

Additionally the way Vali says "Some of you" it makes it sound like this lag problem is less of an issue than it is. Maybe only some few have reported the problem, but myself as well as anyone I've asked is experiencing massive lag on L2.
Hey moron the server is full because of bots.(you know when you log in and it says server full) And the game is lagged because of all the behind the scene third party programs. Stop kissing NC ***. You cant tell me that all my clan which is EVERYWHERE around the world that has lag problems is OUR fault. go back under your NC suk up rock and die. The majority 60% + is not gonna complain because they are the users.
That way VALI can say yep its a minority problem so we wont fix it.Because they REWARD BOTS.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #14
Rachelik
Tainted Zombie

Rachelik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatescripts View Post
Hey moron the server is full because of bots.(you know when you log in and it says server full) And the game is lagged because of all the behind the scene third party programs. Stop kissing NC ***. You cant tell me that all my clan which is EVERYWHERE around the world that has lag problems is OUR fault. go back under your NC suk up rock and die. The majority 60% + is not gonna complain because they are the users.
That way VALI can say yep its a minority problem so we wont fix it.Because they REWARD BOTS.
you indeed are a moron. only some people and countries feel this lag, i've no lag, i've to tell you that i've only for make you feel less alone? dude, I DONT HAVE ANY LAG AT ALL.
is not 'ncsoft say is a minority', like months ago, was a problem of latin america, not of who dont use a bot program, beside you dont think only latin american people dont bot.
So stop be a moron, be usefull if you have lag, write your country and guess what, we'll find out that lag is only for some countries as was 2 months ago. But no, people like you need to QQ cos someone say that dont feel any lag.
Bots are a big problem, but this is an other one, cos dont take only the ''full'' servers, magmeld is light and some people have lag, so what?
Old 08-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #15
ZaioBaio
Elpy

ZaioBaio is an unknown quantity at this point

L2 Game Of Bots
Old 08-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #16
Crawlerin
Antharas

Crawlerin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelik View Post
So stop be a moron, be usefull if you have lag, write your country and guess what, we'll find out that lag is only for some countries as was 2 months ago. But no, people like you need to QQ cos someone say that dont feel any lag.
Do you think NCsoft reboots half the cross-atlantic network infrastructure together with game servers during maintenance? I am sure those Cisco/Nortel/Juniper/Whatever routers need regular reboots and patch downtime every second Turesday in month just like Lineage 2 server software and Windows they run on. Unresponsive NPCs problem is for those from other countries too.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #17
Brightneon
Tainted Zombie

Brightneon is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not think it is bots, but it could be. As it not last 2-3 weeks been problems, just lag has become longer and more frequent. It maybe couple of clusters of lag due to high data flow due to large number of objects in one area (like lag in Aden) but when lag is same inside an instance like K85 or K90 where you don't have anyone where near the number of players and should be not bots if you a real party formed, then it either due to a change in server's software, problem with a cluster serving countries or something recently added to game causing longer processing time of data.

So before betting it is bots, consider this. Solo instance with same lag as Aden when it is full of private sellers. So clearly NOT bots. Well getting rid of bots would require drastic actions such as a live gm invisible and lurking from zone to zone watching players as bot reports occur. Actually that might lag system if such a task force occured. So either it the slushie event or some change made to system.

My querry is why now? Lag been building for over a month for some. Lag sometimes occurs in spikes. You get really fast for 5 minutes than couple of rubberbands then back to fast, then some days slow all day despite light server status.

Why just the lag? The grpahic errors all over the place. Some mission descriptions don't load right. Couple of quests like Seven Signs Part 4, Secret Ritual of the priest is unplayable because of rubberbanding, the massive aggro circles on guards overlapping, the gaps between guards so small. Guards in hall ajoining 2nd last to last room at times can see left to right and even behind them from afar. That mission too many glitches, is so hated. More people should speak up, just problem is it seems great amuzement to people who complete with first time. It not because your massively skilled like a 16 year old boy on red bull. It because YOUR lucky and got the easy instance. After a week and got to last room only crash before getting to priest, I gave up because support said tough luck. SO NOW lag is suddenly issue? Why wasn't it 2 weeks ago when it first started and people having crashes then? I do wonder how many people with problems are:

1. Not with in us.
2. Have 200-500ms delays fluxating constantly when lag was not issue and had rubber banding then.
3. Hiene and Aden you get warehouse without furnature and npcs half way down flow before last update
4. Haven't completed Seven Signs 4 easy or had problems last room or timeouts when you enter last room (despite instance time)
5. Crashed couple times a week due to irql not less or equal
6. Updated graphics driver and game crashed until put in low details.
7. Sticky walls, floors, rocks, pillars/pillar bases: This is why you walk along a wall or path or try go around corner and you stop and can't go forward until you go backwards and go wide around corners. Or even stuck inside a V crevice unable to walk back way you entered. Or stairs you can only climb in middle. Bridges with rocks you can't go around wjile people run past you over the tiny pebble.

I suspect the lag is 3d engine. Is having hard time placing objects and colissions. that is why panels are grey in some places, why furniture is sometimes missing and npcs halfway down floor. The rounding/floating point isn't working on some graphics cards. Or cpus caught in loops because error code removed for speed.

Or is due to large number of unstable computers because running overclocked AMDs chips. WHen you overheat the overclocking shuts down and your suddenly running a computer with speed of an iphone ONE.

See most of the lag seems coincide with other bugs like walls missing, etc.

Frankly NCSoft needs loosen up on some policy. Like how can we screenshot a crash? Only sometimes a crash doesn't blue screen instantly. Sometimes game closes instantly and get the "we apologise" webpage appear. So restore lost xp / credit quests when clearly there error logs/viable bug reports. You can't just ask for screenshots when a crash occurs. or video of event. How we suppost to screenshot and video when it might be two hours before crash? If we knew a crash would occur, what then, it be illegal exploit?

So why could it be bots. Consider the bot player has an iss and/or healer in tow. A pet in tow. Often a summoning as well. They killing at massive rate, not scooping or slowing down to recharge. They screaming threw mobs like a chainsaw used to cut butter. They clear hutning zones leaving behind huge piles of objects. So now all those decaying objects need processing time. Respawner is working fast because mobs disappearing faster than beer disappearing at a redneck rally.

So add up more bots, so many one shot kills = lot of decaying objects and lot of re-spawns. SO bots are dragging server. That is fixed by getting rid of the massive damage some classs can do in only 2-3 shots before buffs/shots applied. Why only some classes get massive overkill? Devs get favourites? Did they test server load on heavy all these oneshot kill players in packs of 2000 botting 24/7 in every hunting zone? Add to that adrena farmers with their 2 summonings, a pet and iss and a healer all kill one shot, scoop.

No matter how low the drop, adrena farmer isn't bored and knows lower the drop rate, more likely desperate joe will buy because chances getting enough to buy auction or changes of find raid boss alive is same chance red necks will not drink your last beer you been saving under your cap you think they didn't notice. Opposite if adrena too plentyful the farmers win.

SO it win-win for bots unless bans bite hard.

So not one problem, but many small problems. Unstable OS and bugs in graphics drivers isn't something NC Soft can help. Bots have to be addressed, they are a drain on the system load. So is other factors like OP players. If you make combat too quick, it just makes one click players more often, which loads the system with drops and respawns in the thousands. That is why bots have to be under control, but op classes need a cut. Slower combat means you get to watch it, not just see slash, dead, find next target. Those two are main drag I think. Bots been heart of it with OP second.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:06 AM   #18
Lethalianna
Banned

Lethalianna is on a distinguished road

In the past me and some friends did some tests when we have lag in L2 and 99,9% we had lag when someone was using ranger. I've always been in top pvp clans and always my wars (also some of my clan mates) are using ranger. Now that the latency is not local or not only in a group of 7 who lost the pvp and QQ about lag but this lag is everywhere i am pretty sure the reason is the use of ranger from all the population of L2. Yeah even bots are running this app and not only the heroes.

For me the lag starts on Friday evening (Europe) and stays like that till server maintenance and it clear that the extreme amount of bots causes this problem. One easy way to fix that imo is by restarting the game servers every day since you will never get any good anti-bot/anti-ranger protection.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:09 AM   #19
Draecke
Antharas

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

bad scripts cause lag and bots tend to run on very very bad scripts so do the math..
Old 08-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #20
Irijs
Tainted Zombie

Irijs is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Love it.
Closed Thread