Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Technical Discussions > General Technical Issues

Login

General Technical Issues Describe your client-side, hardware or software complications. This is not a place to report game bugs.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:11 AM   #1
kjrod98
Elpy

kjrod98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gameguard error 1014 and 620 on game startup?

First-time install here, on an Asus g750jw. Windows 8.1. The game itself downloaded and installed and updated in record time compared to Aion (not even an hour. Not used to that.) and it starts even faster (Again, not used to that. -points at aion accusingly-)

But when I do start up the game, it gets to the login screen and immediately I get error 1014. After a few seconds it'll switch to error 620.

I know there are other threads. I've looked, and gameguard is on the exceptions list for AVG, and isn't blocked by any firewalls. There are also no files for the OS needing repair or anything of the sort when I checked. Soyeah, kinda stuck on what to do.

Help would be much-appreciated.
kjrod98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:04 PM   #2
Ake1a
Elpy

Ake1a is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gameguard error 1014 and 620 on game startup?

Same ****. Everything was Ok 1 week ago, now - error 1014 and 620. No hardware/software changes. Antivirus is reliable. Full reinstall, launch with admin rights, re-installing gameguard and other rituals doesn't help...Frustrating.
Ake1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
LordThanatos
Elpy

LordThanatos is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here, 1014 on both pc's here... Tried everything ever suggested for this issue. Haven't been able to logon in days... Have been playing for nearly a year without issues.

Time is adena...
LordThanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:37 PM   #4
kjrod98
Elpy

kjrod98 is an unknown quantity at this point

So, I sent in a support ticket. Turns out it was indeed AVG interfering with it. /facepalm

Uninstalled AVG and it all works perfectly now.
kjrod98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:26 PM   #5
LordThanatos
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrod98 View Post
So, I sent in a support ticket. Turns out it was indeed AVG interfering with it. /facepalm

Uninstalled AVG and it all works perfectly now.
Yeah, actually, same here... And for others who might encounter this error: disabling AVG does not work, you really need to uninstall the whole program properly.

Conclusion: GameGuard sucks. But we all knew that already. Thanks GameGuard.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:33 PM   #6
xXxTinyxXx
Elpy

xXxTinyxXx is an unknown quantity at this point

Same.

I was playing yesterday no problem and now today, cannt get in.

Last edited by xXxTinyxXx; 01-21-2015 at 04:12 PM.
xXxTinyxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:53 AM   #7
MtreZe
Elpy

MtreZe is an unknown quantity at this point

Same error... 1014 and 620 !! ...
MtreZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:00 PM   #8
tarvman
Elpy

tarvman is an unknown quantity at this point

wow after getting old account banned last night for no apparent reason, and now not being able to log in with my new account due to GG 1014 error, NC must not want me to play L2 anymore this has got to stop NCsoft or you won't have any customers left!
tarvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 02:45 AM   #9
Dugchugger
Elpy

Dugchugger is an unknown quantity at this point

We're getting 114 and 610 here on a vista pc that was logging into the game perfectly fine up until a couple of days ago. And as Ake1a put it, we've gone through the list of things to try "and other rituals".

Finally contacted support and told them what we tried. So they had us repeat everything we had already done... and by the time we got through it all, they left for the weekend and we're no better off. Sweet.

Not running AVG here and ruled out firewall and other AV program... and on... and on...

What the hell changed that this just started happening out of the blue? Oh yeah... maintenance on Wednesday.

Just wondering what version of Windows everyone else is running that's having this latest rash of Gameguard nonsense. What's the common denominator here?
Dugchugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:02 PM   #10
LordThanatos
Elpy

Well, I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64... But it worked again for me after fully uninstalling AVG. Switched to Panda, which seems to work fine. For now.

Did I mention GameGuard sucks?...
Old 01-27-2015, 03:35 PM   #11
Dugchugger
Elpy

Dugchugger is an unknown quantity at this point

I've rifled through the forums for days reading new posts (even re-reading some old ones) on the GG issue. I have to say... it makes my stomach turn to see everyone so happy to just be able to log on after they corrected their silly mistake of having security software installed. "Gee all I had to do was get rid of my pesky firewall and AV programs and now it works!"

This is just simply wrong. Support suggests only doing it on a temp basis to narrow down the problem; but let's face it, how many ppl actually re-enable their security software after finally being able to get back in? From what I've seen so far, it's a matter of... ok you got back in, problem solved, ticket closed. No resolution for getting GG to work with popular AV programs. It's got to the point where we can't even add exceptions/exclusions, we're supposed to uninstall the entire program? C'mon now.

I'm thinking GG updated something on their end recently and that's why we have this new influx of issues. That and the fact that the downloader currently on the L2 official site was installing an incorrect copy of GG. At least that's what we were led to believe when after running it we were told that the copy of GG we had was not the one used by L2. How can that be? We didn't install anything other than this clean install using the launcher from the website. WTH?!

Did I read correctly that even Aion got rid of GG? What am I missing here? What is the real reason behind us being forced to use GG? Claiming it's an anti-cheat mechanism no longer holds water as an argument.
Dugchugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 12:17 PM   #12
Ellisande
Remnant Diabolist

Ellisande is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugchugger View Post
Did I read correctly that even Aion got rid of GG? What am I missing here? What is the real reason behind us being forced to use GG? Claiming it's an anti-cheat mechanism no longer holds water as an argument.
Gameguard is not an anti-cheat program, it is an anti-keylogging program.

You have to remember that L2 was originally designed to be played at netcafes in Korea. That's why L2 uses GG, to protect the L2 users from any keyloggers which might have been installed on the public PCs in the netcafe. That's also why L2 requires an excessive amount of grinding and why L2 originally launched with player shops. Because the Korean version of L2 only earns money so long as the player is logged in so NC needs to keep players logged in as long as possible. You can thus attribute every single thing that L2 does wrong to NC's desire to force the player to remain logged in for as long as possible.
Ellisande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:23 PM   #13
gUzAnO
Elpy

gUzAnO is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here, fresh install on win 7 pro x64, with and without antivirus (avast! my case), I can play almost 1 hour by clock, then i get GG 1014, that transforms into GG 660 to be finally read as GG 620. I did a quick search and all of those error point to the GG folder. I've done all the rituals described on the FAQ help (erase system folder, erase GG folder, flushdns, reset router, you name it). Last thing that I will be checking on monday is my internet connection (mostly the modem or so), a friend's going to take in his notebook and we'll try to play for more than 1 hour clock, if still gets me an error, we will use HIS game instead of my installation.

Saddly to say, NCSoft doesn't even care about his customers, you only need to see the tons of posts on the FAQ unanswered. Mostly the same users came with a workaround or a temporary solution to some issue, but GG issues and particularly this one (1014) has been a huge spine on the side, since it's been carried since 2005 (?) up to 2015 STILL UNSOLVED!

Hope anyone has a solution, if not the only one for me is to play 1 hour and then reconnect avoiding raiding or instancing more than that time lapse.
gUzAnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:57 PM   #14
Tey-Jay
Elpy

Tey-Jay is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been having the same problem and I think I've found a solution that works for me hopefully it will work for some of you too. First off don't do the disabling GameGuard. You'll get pass the 1014 and 620 errors but when you click on the server it kicks you off. Second you don't need to uninstall AVG. I mean Lineage II is free, (even though I was one of the ones that paid for ti when it first came out) AVG dose have a free version but I paid for the full internet security package, and even if you have the free version, to uninstall it just to play one game (given it's a fun game and I like it) COME ON. Ok I have AVG 2015 and this is how I did it, let me know if this works. I'll try to put this as simple as I can so everyone can understand First right click the AVG icon in system tray click on "Temporarily disable AVG protection" Chose "until restart" in the drop down next to "Disable AVG For:" and check "Disable Firewall Protection" Click "OK" then "Yes" Now Right click the Lineage II icon on desktop and open Properties. Go to Compatibility tab and check "Run this program as an administrator" click "OK" and start Lineage II.
After you're done playing double click on AVG ICON in system tray click on "Click to enable" then "Fix now"
Hope this helps
Tey-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:18 PM   #15
Réka
Elpy

Réka is an unknown quantity at this point

For everyone who have GameGuard problems without having AVG or any other antivirus softwares: just try to end every third party process in the task manager. I had this idea from the support FAQ, and it worked.
Réka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:43 PM   #16
xAnimalwarrioRx
Elpy

xAnimalwarrioRx is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Gameguard error 1014 and 620 on game startup?

in windows xp

try this

Error 610,620 -GameGuard files are not found or have been changed. Delete the GameGuard folder and try again.

Error 1012,1013, 1014 - GameGuard files are not found or have been changed. Delete the GameGuard folder and try again.

in my case I deactivated the antivirus and deleted the folder! game guard
C: \ Program Files \ NCSOFT \ Lineage II \ system \ GameGuard
and stepped into the game again to download the folder! game guard the error persisted
I returned in the same folder deleted all files .erl and I made a backup of the folder! (game guard) .. without the .erl files
Now With anti virus disabled I enter in the game and becomes normal!
only that .erl files! come back
the next time you log onto in the game just delete the files in the folder! game guard
and in the backup folder of the game guard (copy) then copy what is inside without the .erl and paste files in the same location
and you will be able to play ....

try this
to help all here is a library to game guard errors

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/85018-how-to-fix-game-guard-errors/

http://aion.mmorpg-life.com/aion/news/gameguard-errors-and-how-to-fix-them/17187/

Last edited by xAnimalwarrioRx; 10-23-2015 at 03:40 AM.
xAnimalwarrioRx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error 1014, error 620, gameguard, windows 8